Awoo.

Donkey Kong's Banana Slamma Stream (Motobug's Donkey Kong Country Stream) - Every Saturday at 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST - Premieres Saturday 17th March (EST Time Change - 5pm EST!)

Ryannumber1gamer

latest?cb=20100216014958

"Here I go, Banana Slamma!" 

Well SSMB, I hope you're happy with Coconut Cream Pies, Golden Bananas and Crystal Coconuts, because as while it was a tighter vote than normal (Zelda and Mario 3 both gave this a decent run for it's money in terms of votes), you've chosen the next show for Motobug to stream - Donkey Kong Country!

(I'm so thankful I get to listen to these songs over Mario 3's songs)

Anyways, Donkey Kong Country, I'm sure needs no introduction to people of this board. Based on Rare's 1990s classic trilogy - Donkey Kong Country is one of the weirdest shows to possibly come out of Nintendo's properties, and given what we've had before with Link speaking with a catchphrase and Rap Land in Mario Super Show, that's certainly something. A show with a decent amount of recurring original characters such as Eddie the Mean Ol' Yeti, and Bluster Kong. It is also one of the earliest shows to make use of CGI Animation and since this was released in 1997, only two years after Toy Story...

It's uh. It's weird, to say the least. But to be frank, it could possibly be the most entertaining and interesting weird that will ever be on Motobug. Every episode has two songs attached to it, Donkey Kong talks, as does Diddy and the rest of his cast, and it turns out that lump of hair on Donkey Kong's head isn't actually hair, but horrifyingly, a part of his actual head.

All this and more insanity awaits in this show. Frankly, it's probably the show I'm most excited for Motobug to do in a long time. Because from what I remember, unlike Mario Super Show or Kirby, this show retains the same insanity from start to finish.

We'll be watching five episodes every night from Saturday 17th onwards - 6pm EST/10pm GMT!

And we'll be watching on Motobug of course.

Q/A:

Spoiler

Q: How are we watching?

A: Through Motobug. More specifically, the videos are on YouTube, and we'll be watching those streamed on Motobug.

Q: Which Episodes?

A: All of the episodes I believe are on YouTube, so all of them. If a situation happens where an episode can't be found, we'll give prior notice.

Q: How will the episodes be streamed?

A: As said above, YouTube uploads that already exist on YouTube. 

Q: Why did it take so long to announce the vote results?

A: I was pretty busy, in all honestly. Last week's Nintendo Direct was the first chance I had to announce the results. 

Q: How many episodes a night?

A: Five a night. 40 episodes in total. If people dislike this, we could potentially decrease to four a night, similar with what occurred with SatAM

If you have a question that isn't covered here, feel free to let me know and I'll try my best to answer.

One more thing, we're taking a few song requests for the Interludes where we take a short break in the night to give people a chance to do things between a few episodes. If you have a suggestion for one of these, let us know and we'll see about using it in one of these interludes when we get around to making them. No guarantee it'll be used though!

With that, here's a preview of what's to come...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

First, Sonic at SXSW and now this, for next week.

Not sure how much my dong can handle all this...

• Thumbs Up 1

Random question but will this run till may when a certain wii u game is re released on a better system with a new funky mode.

All in all, I recall the DKC show to be pretty decent, all things considered. The stories were decent enough, the animation was surprisingly good for late 90s CGI, the casting was great (seriously, I really love the voice they gave Donkey Kong in particular), and the music...oh man, the music. It's corny, but INSANELY catchy. I mean, how can you not bob your head to this?

All I can say about this, is this now gives all of us a reason to post the horribly corny musical segments.

Actually thinking on it, this seemed to be a thing with a lot of game cartoons at the time, especially the ones produced in France. Was there some kind of RULE where there had to be musical numbers?

Edit:

One depressed Dong for the road.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tails spin said:

Random question but will this run till may when a certain wii u game is re released on a better system with a new funky mode.

By my count, there's roughly 40 episodes, which have 5 a night, which gives us about 8 weeks of streams. It begins on the 17th so...

Yeah, it should overlap DKC Tropical Freeze's Switch Release.

It's coming....

Episodes for the first week:

Episode 1: I Spy with my Hairy Eye

Episode 2: The Big Chill Out

Episode 3: Bad Hair Day

Episode 4: Raiders of the Lost Banana 

Episode 5: Ape Foo Young

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL

Instead of the usual musical pre-show open playlist that Motobug usually does, this time we're going to do a special pre-show for opening night. For the pre-show, if the trailer above wasn't enough to hint it...

We'll be watching the first, and only Donkey Kong Country movie - Legend of the Crystal Coconut, an somewhat altered version of several episodes placed together, so if you want a few more episodes that night, tune in at 8:30pm GMT/3:30pm EST for Legend of the Crystal Coconut!

Time is still subject to change if daylight savings changed the EST times.

• Nice Smile 1

Oops! Turns out we got the episode listing incorrect and out of order...

By next week, we promise to get the correct order, so we can watch the show by the order it aired!

Tonight's Episodes: 

Episode 6: Raiders of the Lost Banana

Episode 7: From Zero to Hero

Episode 8: Buried Treasure

Episode 9: Cranky's Tickle Tonic

Episode 10: Get a Life, Don't Save One

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Episode 6: Raiders of the Lost Banana

It's time...

Spoiler

the-best-of-bad-mii-verse-40-photos-234.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=650

• Nice Smile 1

Haven't been around the internet too much for the last few Saturdays but rest assured I'll be popping in for today's. Bananas and dong jokes with da SSMB DK Crew :wub:

Notice: EST Time change! Because UK's time change has taken effect, it means DKC is back to the original EST time slot of 5pm EST!

Tonight's Episodes: 

Episode 11: Orangutango 

Episode 12: Double Date Trouble

Episode 13: The Curse of Congo Bongo

Episode 14: Speed

Episode 15: Klump's Lumps

• 1 month later...

The final night is here! We've got some of the best episodes to lead into the finale! 

Episode 36: Hunka Hunka Burnin' Luster

Episode 37: Best of Enemies

Episode 38: It's a Wonderful Life

Episode 39: Just Kidding

Episode 40: Message in a Bottle Show

Tonight on Motobug!