Awoo.

Freedom Fighters' own Series

RedFox99

I wouldn't care to see that, despite being a Nicole fan in mourning.

btw it's a proper name, Nicole, and not NICOLE and much less N.I.C.O.L.E. because that's not a  acronym reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Honestly, I think the weakness of the FF, especially from the post-reboot was essentially.... being together. Not just because of Sally's dragging everything down, but I really can see each character shining more of they were alone. That's something I wish from their revival - I want the characters, not the team.

4 hours ago, Korke said:

I wouldn't care to see that, despite being a Nicole fan in mourning.

btw it's a proper name, Nicole, and not NICOLE and much less N.I.C.O.L.E. because that's not a  acronym reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Honestly, I think the weakness of the FF, especially from the post-reboot was essentially.... being together. Not just because of Sally's dragging everything down, but I really can see each character shining more of they were alone. That's something I wish from their revival - I want the characters, not the team.

It was gonna happen if it didn't get canceled.

I don't think the Freedom Fighters can really work on their own, because a lot of their dynamic stems from Sonic being a key member. Each character has a safe containing their character, and Sonic is the key that lets those characters out. Otherwise, you're trying to force a dynamic that doesn't feel natural.

For a five man group to tie together, it usually needs the social, charismatic lancer who gets around. I just can't see the Freedom Fighters without that key member...

• My Emmerdoods 1

23 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Bunnie had her scars from being robotocized, but even without that there felt like there could have been more of a base personality.

Early on she was rather hot headed and as ready to bust bad guys as Sonic. Maybe her scars fuelled this and she wanted some payback. Also give her that comically dainty side back. 

Yeah, Bunnie was the most "boring" of the Freedom Fighters despite the concept attached her.

She was?

23 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Rotor early on was the insecure dork. 

Actually, he was initially the gungho inventor with a tendency to hype up various inventions(with a fascination for weapons in particular) that New252 eventually rerailed him into being.

I guess I wouldn't complain if they got their own completely separate series since I like them and all but like...they're Sonic characters. I was going to add "to me" at the end of that but y'know what, fuck it, they're Sonic characters--SOJ-created or not, retired or not. It'd just be weird.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

13 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, Bunnie was the most "boring" of the Freedom Fighters despite the concept attached her.

She was?

Actually, he was initially the gungho inventor with a tendency to hype up various inventions(with a fascination for weapons in particular) that New252 eventually rerailed him into being.

I remember a few times in the show where she was portrayed as kinda grouchy and sarcastic, if mostly towards Antoine (though it's a shame that old chemistry didn't return when they married in the comics).

For Rotor, well maybe it's because I'm counting the pilot where he was conveyed as a lot goofier and more clumsy. That combined with your assessment would arguably make a full enough character, if one noticeably similar to Tails' current characterisation.

24 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

I remember a few times in the show where she was portrayed as kinda grouchy and sarcastic, if mostly towards Antoine (though it's a shame that old chemistry didn't return when they married in the comics).

Oh yeah, the episode with the Nasty Hyenas.

You know, poor Bunnie. Despite her connection to a principal concept within the show, I remember her more as a side character than anything else.

25 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

For Rotor, well maybe it's because I'm counting the pilot where he was conveyed as a lot goofier and more clumsy. That combined with your assessment would arguably make a full enough character

Oh yeah, I definitely remember the goofiness.

""Nopenotenopenotenope!" 

27 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

if one noticeably similar to Tails' current characterisation.

Oh, you mean the one people increasingly dislike?

Ain't dat some ish. :lol: 

• Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh yeah, the episode with the Nasty Hyenas.

You know, poor Bunnie. Despite her connection to a principal concept within the show, I remember her more as a side character than anything else.

Or the pilot episode where Antoine was 'supervising' her helping with construction.

I actually remember Bunnie getting only one or two brief moments in episodes resembling anything of a side plot. Even Rotor (who the creators HATED) got a couple episodes he was the key focus and was even useful the odd time in Season Two. They didn't seem able to think of anything for Bunnie.

The short episodes to me were lost potential, they could have used them to focus on slice of life stories for each of the Freedom Fighters and their lives and characteristics, but no it was just the usual 'Antoine screwing up and everyone rolling their eyes' shtick. The comics to me didn't do much a better a job making their 'off time' anymore interesting or more developed.

Oh yeah, I definitely remember the goofiness.

""Nopenotenopenotenope!" 

Rotor for a short while turned into Beaky Buzzard. :P

Oh, you mean the one people increasingly dislike?

Ain't dat some ish. :lol: 

I feel like I'm the only who likes Boom Tails and thought interpretations like X and pre-reboot Archie were dull as cardboard.

• Thumbs Up 3

@E-122-Psi To add to your points about the FFs, I could see Dulcy acting as the big-sis/mom of the group, which could stem from her mom being kidnapped from her at a young age. 

I like Tails regardless, he always puts his best foot forward no matter how bad everyone else treats him.

13 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I like Tails regardless, he always puts his best foot forward no matter how bad everyone else treats him.

Wrong thread.

22 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

@E-122-Psi To add to your points about the FFs, I could see Dulcy acting as the big-sis/mom of the group, which could stem from her mom being kidnapped from her at a young age. 

Actually I would have said the opposite. She actually seemed like the youngest (or at least youngest acting) after Tails, and if we're talking about a direction with Sonic and Tails gone, that would likely leave her as the little sibling surrogate. They could have also had her trying to work out the teething issues with her powers, filling in for Sonic as the token super powered, compared to the original series where she was just never really used outside maybe two occasions. Just keep the powers with some sort of defining cap and pattern, not 'I can breath ice/fire/tell when people are fibbing' every time the plot asked for it.

And while I commend the show TRYING to have a female with equal opportunity slapstick, the execution still felt incredibly stale, even compared to Antoine who at least had a pitiful character to go with it and make it amusing sometimes. That 'Coming home, Ma' catchphrase wasn't funny ONCE, let alone the other billion times she rambled it.

16 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

It's just you all seemed to be trashing him...

Oh, I guess you're referring to the Bandicoots' comment. 

If the Freedom Fighters get their own series I want a series based on Danny from Sonic X, chilling with Bocoe and Decoe.

It'll be like a sit-com where Danny's trying to play some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of robots who were up to no-good fell from the fucking sky after being whisked away from Sonic's world and landing behind him, crushing the bully that was about to make trouble in his neighborhood.

Now that he owes them a debt, he has to let them stay in his house until he can figure out a way to get them back to their world. It's a hilarious comedy that'll see them get up to all sorts of hilarious and embarrassing shenanigans.

Somehow Hades from Hercules will make an appearance, as will Willem Defoe's Green Goblin. Because fuck YES!

giphy.gif

I'm actually not joking about any of this. I want this to be real.