Awoo.

Stephen Hawking has passed away

Kevin

Well folks, it has finally happened. Prof. Stephen Hawking, one of the most well known and greatest scientists has passed away at the age of 76 years old. I know it was a matter of when due to his ALS, but at the same time, it’s a death you don’t see coming. RIP Stephen Hawking.

And thus, mankind's collective IQ drops exponentially. Godspeed Professor Hawking, may we continue to unravel the mysteries of the universe in your name.

You got to give the man credit for the resilience he had with his disease.

Someone like me would rather die than live like that. RIP Professor.

• Thumbs Up 5

The most intelligent person on Earth, his brilliance will be missed. Rest in peace, Hawking.

• Thumbs Up 1

The man an incredibly long life considering what he suffered from. That's strength many of us cannot know.

• Thumbs Up 6

As others have said, I am, too, amazed. After reading of the passing, I read up on the disease and estimated life span after diagnosis. What a fight. He carried such an intelligence - I wonder how it would have felt to have a look into his mind? Rest in peace, Stephen Hawking.