Awoo.

Sonic Mania Plus: Official Reveal (Coming July 17th) - NO SPOILERS

Sonictrainer

I hadn't purchased the Switch version yet. Now it bodes extremely well that I awaited it!

Image result for homer kiss flanders gif

Love you Team Mania!

Oh and Iizuka-san is such a legend for teasing us with the release date!

A physical release and additional content. Sounds bloody good to me.

No doubt the missing transitions will be included.

• Chuckle 2

This means nothing to me. I barely play Sonic Mania. In fact, I barely play Sonic games at all. Because the Chaos Emeralds are nearly impossible to get.

I only played through Sonic Forces because there were no shitty and nearly impossible special stages.

Nice to see that Mania's still getting attention and not just fading into the background, but man I don't think they could've picked two less interesting characters to make playable. As far as the games are concerned neither Mighty nor Ray have ever been even the least bit interesting.

• Thumbs Up 9

DYcBTQ6W4AE16rF.jpg

Looking forward to Mighty not just being a re-skin of Sonic like he was in Chaotix.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

No Amy at least huh? So now Mania will have 5 dudes and no girls... Ugh! Not happy about that. Hardly anybody was even asking for Mighty & Ray... Pretty sure I mostly only seen requests for Amy & Metal Sonic. This result is kinda disappointing... at least to me. Think I'll go back to hoping for a Mania 2 and for Amy to be in it. meh.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Nice to see that Mania's still getting attention and not just fading into the background, but man I don't think they could've picked two less interesting characters to make playable. As far as the games are concerned neither Mighty nor Ray have ever been even the least bit interesting.

Bomb and Heavy?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

*Ray has club tail*

Gatestormer's saved himself from being thrown on the fire today. 

People love those characters because of the comics, that's why they have so many fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JosepHenry said:

People love those characters because of the comics, that's why they have so many fans.

Not necessarily just the comics. They were those who also made their marks back in the older games and days.

It's great to see them back nonetheless. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Would have preferred Amy, though can't really bad mouth two long retired characters getting officially revived. Hope they make use of their gameplay.

This is looking like a cool package. Sonic Mania in physical copy form alone is cool, but more added content and FREAKING 4 PLAYER VS MODE.

I hope they remember to edit the reversible cover to a blue or black Mega Drive sleeve for us PAL gamers. We have nostalgia too.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

Mighty and Ray are dangerously close to being another example of how Mania can be classic to a fault.  With that said, they're a cute touch, and I find myself really impressed that the Mania team were allowed to bring back characters who were so long-unused and frankly obscure.  I hope they aren't just reskins of Sonic and Tails; I suspect they'll be similar, but definitely different.

4 minutes ago, molul said:

Did they explain what the encore mode is about?

I think they said it would be remixed somehow, with graphical changes to the stages...?  Perhaps a little like the Shovel Knight expansions.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 minute ago, E-122-Psi said:

Would have preferred Amy, though can't really bad mouth two long retired characters getting officially revived. Hope they make use of their gameplay.

This is looking like a cool package. Sonic Mania in physical copy form alone if cool, but more added content and FREAKING 4 PLAYER VS MODE.

There’s always the possibility of having her as a secret character in the game.