Awoo.

Sonic Mania Plus: Official Reveal (Coming July 17th) - NO SPOILERS

Sonictrainer

6 hours ago, Razule said:

What if there's another rule that Classic Amy can't fight?

It seems hopefully only that a point in time where it happens hasn't been reached yet during the original games!  

I do really think that Mania Team will be given the honor and chance to make a game which presents what is happening in the original timeline/universe when Amy following the path of the others, and, the Piko Piko Hammer's origin as well!  Whereever it comes from, that will be an instantly classic cutscene if it is depicted in-game, which most likely it would!!

• Nice Smile 1

I just hope they add a mode where you can have 3 characters on screen. Bring on the Team Sonic together AND NOW, the Team SEGA Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

So I just bought Mania for the third time, retail PS4. I'll get the digital upgrade on Steam when it comes out.

I officially spent 160€ on Mania so far. Not sure if proud of it or if I feel really dumb lol.

48 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

So I just bought Mania for the third time, retail PS4. I'll get the digital upgrade on Steam when it comes out.

I officially spent 160€ on Mania so far. Not sure if proud of it or if I feel really dumb lol.

You're supporting community members and sending SEGA a message that there's no replacement for passion. And physics. And good level design.

I think you should be proud.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Sonikko said:

Definitely not dumb.

Lets see. Last year I purchased the collectors edition (PS4) which was £80, bought the PSN version £15 and on Steam £15. 

This year I've pre-ordered the Physical release on PS4; about £27.85 and Switch £29.99. Will also probably upgrade the Steam version with the "Plus" content which might be an extra £5?

So I've spent about the same as you and I have no regrets. SEGA can have my money if we continue to get games of this quality.

6 hours ago, Rock-DJ said:

If Mighty keeps his KC moveset, I don't think MS1 will be a problem. (There weren't purely gliding areas were they?) And Ray can probably glide on some fashion but not climb.

There is an area late-on in act1 where Knuckles is forced to glide a long distance (whist moving to the left). So changes to the layout would need to be made for both Mighty and Ray. 

It would be fun trying to climb the vertical parts of that act with Mighty's wall jump, which is one of (if not) the best character moves in Chaotix. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If a hypothetical Mirage Saloon Act 1 was on the train, I expect callbacks to Triple Trouble and Sunset Park!! I would also personally want Mighty & Ray to end up fighting the real Hooligans on said train, as that would be epic!!

If Mighty & Ray of all people can make a real come back then the Hooligans shouldn't just be illusions damnit!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tenko said:

If Mighty & Ray of all people can make a real come back then the Hooligans shouldn't just be illusions damnit!!

Who says Mighty and Ray will be real.

*Insert X-Files theme here*

• Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1
  • My Emmerdoods 6

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Who says Mighty and Ray will be real.

*Insert X-Files theme here*

"Agent Sully, you won't believe this! Mighty and Ray are playable in Mania!"

*cut to footage showing their "Missing since 1993" poster from Generations incorporated into the game as a playable character*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Hey. Just saying. The Phantom Ruby is expanding it's own artificial reality at an alarming date. Mighty and Ray used to just be part of a dream Sonic had one night, a long time ago.

Now they were always real.

Higher resolution image of the Australian/New Zealand cover has appeared.. and again I say that advertising sticker looking thing better not be printed on there..and it better still be a holo cover.

198000382.thumb.jpeg.3c525dd461abc14a7294c487db0eefe0.jpeg

Though I doubt it's ever gonna happen, I'd like to see Tiara Boobowski from the cancelled Sonic X-treme in Mania. Her and Amy. I'm not asking for Tiara to be in the modern series, but I would like to see her in this classic setting.

There's some rights snafu with Tiara. It barred her from appearing in the comics, and it would probably bar her from the games considering this doesn't appear to be a bog-standard "Oh we don't want to use them because they're not modern" case. 

• Fist Bump 1

So, does Sonic Mania still have Denuvo? I uninstalled the game when that came out, and I've refused to install the game on my new rig just because of the fact.

15 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

There's some rights snafu with Tiara. It barred her from appearing in the comics, and it would probably bar her from the games considering this doesn't appear to be a bog-standard "Oh we don't want to use them because they're not modern" case. 

Yeah, just like the Mighty "Rights" issue people used to toss around. Never seen any verification for this claim. And she actually has appeared in the comics as a cameo.

I would not be surprised that they just eventually forgot about her because she never actually appeared in a game, unlike all the other Sega characters they used. 

10 minutes ago, Uriel_Coltan said:

Yeah, just like the Mighty "Rights" issue people used to toss around.

That was bogus because some people don't know know how Japanese copyright works. 

Never seen any verification for this claim.

Ian tried to get Tiara secured for proper appearances, but he couldn't. Seems like it was pretty much related to rights. 

And she actually has appeared in the comics as a cameo.

And it got the writers of the time into a lot of trouble, just as with the StC characters, because they were unauthorised and had said rights issues. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

That was bogus because some people don't know know how Japanese copyright works. 

Ian tried to get Tiara secured for proper appearances, but he couldn't. Seems like it was pretty much related to rights. 

And it got the writers of the time into a lot of trouble, just as with the StC characters, because they were unauthorised and had said rights issues. 

Ian has only ever said he wanted to use her, and never gave reason why he has not. He won't even say its a "rights" issue, like he has for dozens of others, just always some vague thing about how he doesn't want to get into it. Which to me sounds like he botched some pitch and otherwise would have been able to use her, as opposed to an actual rights issue. Rights issue with who exactly? Chris Senn made her but as far as I know holds no copyright to her, and would be derivative anyway if he did. If she Tiara is unable to be used, then it is probably for the reason why Blaze, Marine or Cream were denied from use for a while, not exactly some "rights" issue. I was actually old enough to read the cameo she Tiara too. Don't recall any actual stink about rights in regard to her then. The issue closest to something like that was some supposed reference to the OVA, which gets back into Japanese rights. Not even the Fleetway guy seemed to make a stink, in spite of not getting his permission, which would also get into foreign rights if he owns copyrights on those characters.

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

DZfb_G-VMAE2eKd.jpg

Really cool fan art by ShockRabbit/Tyler McGrath

I sense a new wallpaper to go with my new laptop! ?

The shoes, after the talks on the shoes and how they need decent differentiation between characters, Ray is the one that looks out of place with his blue shoes next to the rest of the classic cast in that particular image. All of them have red in their shoes somewhere..except Ray haha. 

That is an excellent piece of art tho, I'll be taking a copy for my desktop too for sure!!

On 3/17/2018 at 9:15 AM, SatAMhog said:

only downer is that it's not Blaze

Bruh,  you do know Blaze is a Modern Era character right?  It would be weird putting her,  Shadow,  Rouge,  or basically anyone that hadn't had appeared before Sonic Adventure.

Blaze and Cream may be modern, but people think of them for the same reason some think of Amy. They've been playable in 2D; they even started in 2D.

I know pure 2D isn't the same as Classic, but there is a strong association between the two for good reasons.

The only modern character I wouldn't mind adopting in the Classic universe, is Cream. I mean, she almost looks and plays like a Classic character. 

Otherwise, I really hope they steer clear of modern characters in the classic side.

(And as off Mania happening, I don't want Classic characters in modern games either).

I wouldn't actually mind if modern characters appear in classic games as long as it stays classic, and as long as their gameplay feels classic.

• Thumbs Up 2