Awoo.

Sonic Mania Plus: Official Reveal (Coming July 17th) - NO SPOILERS

Sonictrainer

1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Guys.... spoiler the videos! Or at least click the 'Post as URLs'.

I always make sure the video thumbnail is not a spoiler.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Hide contents

Now that's more like! I never understood, let alone like it, the spiky wall that they came up with...

Would you feel better if I pay you a sundae? 

Wait, didn't you spoiled the whole game before release anyways?! I remember you being there during the leaked Switch stream Indigo my boy!

I wasn't there for any leaked stream. I was present for the Developer Stream as a chat moderator, and I ducked out whenever new content came up.

Not that it mattered, some chucklehead spoiled the Mean Bean boss for me anyway.

All of the spoilers kind of suck, but on the hand what I've heard so far is making me itch to get back into Mania once Plus officially goes live. Now the question is will summer mean the calendar month of June, the solstice, or sum time as far out as the autumn solstice by the end of September. The wait is already killing me and I thought I was mostly chill with Mania after it's initial release, lol.

4 minutes ago, SaberX said:

Just clear me one thing...

Is this part of plus(so it would be called a leak) or an update? Im kinda lost, just arrived.

New menus, cut content has been added and tweaks to level design and bosses.

4 minutes ago, SaberX said:

Is this part of plus(so it would be called a leak) or an update? Im kinda lost, just arrived.

Both but apparently the latter. Mighty and Ray are nowhere to be seen.

Just for the sake of people who don't want the new "Plus" content spoiled, I went ahead and tagged some posts. Discussion and videos are fine so long as they're properly tagged. There might have been something I missed, so feel free to report it and we'll fix it.

EDIT: As per Sean's post, all spoiler discussion regarding patch leaks should now be moved over to the respective topic and this topic will remain for news and official announcements.

Edited by Zaysho
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

Both but apparently the latter. Mighty and Ray are nowhere to be seen.

This appears to be a free patch that paves the way for the proper Plus DLC (Mighty and Ray, Encore Mode, etc) and this patch happens to change some things.

Based on how this rolled out and what's in it, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

New video, which I've spoiler tagged as requested by @Zaysho

I played through Stardust Speedway. I enabled Super Peel-Out and No time limit on my save file. I take on the new (and IMO improved) MS boss fight. I died three times against the MS fight, lol. It's not particularly hard, it's more exciting!

You also get to see the new zone transition from SS to Hydrocity.

MS boss fight starts at 5:06

SS to Hydrocity zone transition at 9:26:

Spoiler
Spoiler

METAL SONIC KIA!!!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

This appears to be a free patch that paves the way for the proper Plus DLC (Mighty and Ray, Encore Mode, etc) and this patch happens to change some things.

Based on how this rolled out and what's in it, anyway.

Spoiler

The stage transitions are part of the free patch though right?

And I guess the Metal Sonic thing is part of Encore Mode...?

EDIT: That fucking caterpillar badnik pushing the Phantom Ruby away lmao 10/10 best transition.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

METAL SONIC KIA!!!

Now that is the midgame climax. .

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Two more zone transitions:

Reveal hidden contents

First one is hilarious and that 2nd one is giving me some Sonic 3D blast vibes.

Another video for you guys:

I started recording just before the Hydrocity boss to show Sonic's slide animation which was in Sonic 3 but not in the original version of Mania. There's nothing new in the boss fight. The zone transition from Hydrocity to Mirage Saloon appears to be only partially complete:

Zone transition is at 2:15

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Two more zone transitions:

Hide contents

So, what does this mean ? LRZ pool before the level (via debug mode) had a purpose from beginning. TMZ model as well.

Just seen the news. Someone done goofed big time here. Heads are gonna roll on this one.

EDIT: I was online on the PS4 when everyone got it but I didn’t receive the update. Anyone in the UK get it at all?

Or this thing, actually a test, means we will see the update on every platform in 2 weeks. With the release of SM Adventures Part 2.

Remember, even the initial PS4/Switch/Xbox 1 release was more or a test compared to PC.

46 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

I played through Stardust Speedway. I enabled Super Peel-Out and No time limit on my save file. I take on the new (and IMO improved) MS boss fight. I died three times against the MS fight, lol. It's not particularly hard, it's more exciting!

MS boss fight starts at 5:06

SS to Hydrocity zone transition at 9:26:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

METAL SONIC KIA!!!

Spoiler

I shouldn't have watched that. I really shouldn't have XD. That said, now I want to see an EX version of that part where Metal Sonic is red like in Chaotix and the stage transitions over to the bad future.

The absolute madmen, the new transitions are great, even better than I expected! They even managed to add yet another reference to this game, and a Sonic 2 8-bit one no less! 

Do you think there will be a way to play the Metal Sonic boss in it's original version after the patch? Like turning the new additions on and off? While I'm sure the new one is great (haven't watched as I want to go in blind) any changed content should be preserved surely.

33 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Anyone in the UK get it at all?

Me :D

Here's another video. I know Diogenes already uploaded a twitch link to the OO - LR transition. I thought I'd upload a youtube playthrough. This also includes the OO act2 boss which seem unchanged. I can also confirm that you no longer get insta-killed against the act1 boss of OO if you hit the spikes. The spikes are now smaller.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Do you think there will be a way to play the Metal Sonic boss in it's original version after the patch? Like turning the new additions on and off? While I'm sure the new one is great (haven't watched as I want to go in blind) any changed content should be preserved surely.

Maybe it will be kind of hard mode/easy mode thing ? Well Ocelot didn't mention any other difference to the bosses. By the way is there any slight change to Green Hill -> Chemical Plant transition ? Other than CPZ Tails sprite ? 

• Fist Bump 1

Spoiler

Hydrocity's transition does seem unfinished, and I had MMZ's glitch on me (Sonic stood there while a horrifying high-pitched noise whined infinitely), and then when the MMZ one worked, there was a palette glitch.

...but also, why bother submitting a WIP patch when it has to go through certification and all that? Somewhat odd. I suppose it could just be that they pushed the wrong build - wouldn't be the weirdest thing about the current circumstances.

6 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

I can also confirm that you no longer get insta-killed against the act1 boss of OO if you hit the spikes. The spikes are now smaller.

Hide contents

Aha! That's one thing that needed to be fixed, we even discussed about it in this very thread. Either no longer instakill, or make the ceiling visible when you reach the boss.

Oce, my man, any changes to the ending?