Awoo.

Sonic Mania Plus: Official Reveal (Coming July 17th) - NO SPOILERS

Sonictrainer

What worries me is the Mania crew are posting their credentials etc looking for more work, so Plus is obviously winding down. What I don't get is that Mania 2 needs to be a thing, if Sega doesn't green light it or sits around on their hands when it's been the highest rated game in 15 odd years, along with its stellar sales, they must be bloody brain dead. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Now that we have a separate topic for the PS4 update, please direct all discussions pertaining specifically to the leak to that topic. We'll keep this thread around for spoiler-free discussion and official announcements and updates regarding the title. Any posts that contain explicit mention of the leak's contents, even in spoiler tags, will be deleted after this point.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

so now everyone that has this accidental update has had a good play around with whats there, has it made Mania feel unfinished now or has it made it better?

4 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

so now everyone that has this accidental update has had a good play around with whats there, has it made Mania feel unfinished now or has it made it better?

I have played through Sonics story again and boy, it makes it a lot better. I mean it already was my favourite game..but now, holy fck. I love every single bit of it. I'm so hyped for the DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Tenko said:

What worries me is the Mania crew are posting their credentials etc looking for more work, so Plus is obviously winding down. What I don't get is that Mania 2 needs to be a thing, if Sega doesn't green light it or sits around on their hands when it's been the highest rated game in 15 odd years, along with its stellar sales, they must be bloody brain dead. 

A bigger resume is a good thing.  anyone leaving college knows this. As it woild show they can hold thier own in more than just 2d sonic. They probably would like to try their hands at new products while also helping on 2d sonic on the side going forward.  I'm sure segas not blind to this but I don't expect mania 2 till next year around spring or summer AT the earliest.   Sega does like strecting out releases these days

• Thumbs Up 8

6 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Thought I'd post this here:

Guess the boi's are confirmed for the new racing game then..

IMG_20180419_122457.thumb.jpg.b2c3ca0d60681280dbdaec77d5058d46.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6
  • Way Past Cool 1

On 17/04/2018 at 5:47 PM, Tenko said:

I was honestly more worried about this being the outcome roughly a month ago. The fact that Mania Plus --in regards to the DLC and the retail release-- and the Mania Adventures miniseries exist at all (and with additional studios brought in for both projects to boot) does prompt me to believe that Sega actually does see value in continuing the Genesis direction that Mania brought back.

In light of that, I'd like to assume that as of now, Sega are allowing the Mania staff to work on other/personal projects, while still having them on speed dial for when they're ready to greenlight another Genesis Sonic project in the future. I've said it before that if Sega's going to make a Mania followup; I'd prefer they wait a few years and allow the formula to rest, as opposed to just quickly churning out new installments and subsequently overexposing the playstyle. It also goes without saying that you'll have to wait a few years if you want a genuinely fresh sequel in regards to original content and/or expanded project scope as it is anyway; as opposed to a straight Mania 2. IMO, I wouldn't start asking Sega about a Mania sequel until 2020 at the earliest.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

I see Aaron Webber has reacted to what’s happened. The guy is such a professional. He literally just advised everyon to keep clear of spoilers and wait for the official release bless him.

Aaron also confirmed that a trailer and official release date is coming soon on the Sonic Official Livestream today. :)

Encore mode is supposed to be the meat of the DLC, so I'll be satisfied if it has:

- Separate cutscenes/campaign for Knuckles/Mighty & Ray

- New aesthetic for existing zones

- Different and harder level design

Sadly, while I'm expecting this, it's likely gonna be just 3-4 zones, so basically a short game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Will our saves carry over or will I need  to get the emeralds on a new playthrough to see new stuff I wonder?

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Will our saves carry over or will I need  to get the emeralds on a new playthrough to see new stuff I wonder?

Considering that save files weren't affected by the accidental patch, I'm pretty sure they'll carry over if you buy the Mania Plus DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

@TheOcelotsaid in a status update yesterday that it doesn't overwrite your previous saves. I was more concerned about doing the gold medals in blue sphere all over again. I think i'd actually cry.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

@TheOcelotsaid in a status update yesterday that it doesn't overwrite your previous saves. I was more concerned about doing the gold medals in blue sphere all over again. I think i'd actually cry.

No no no I do not want to do that again lord  blue ba....i means sphere mode was annoying

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

No no no I do not want to do that again lord  blue ba....i means sphere mode was annoying

Ha! Agreed! It was fun for a while but by no means do I wanna do that all over again.

I just wish they gave us a date, not for the game, but for the trailer, so we have a day to look forward to. I'm not feeling this whole mystery thing.

I don't think it's a mystery, so much as that no company sets its entire publicity schedule and marketing campaign out in the open for all to see.  In all likelihood everything is subject to some degree of change.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm curious as to what Encore mode will be. I'm obviously excited for Mighty and Ray, although I do think they could have used far more interesting characters, but it's Encore Mode what has me hyped. 

• Nice Smile 1

Hmm I wonder if the new trailer will arrive before, at the same time or after the second Mania Adventures episode. I'm assuming based on the time frame of the last episodes release that the next Adventures episode will likely drop on Saturday here, Friday American time. 

• Fist Bump 1

Not sure if this would be the place to post it but, according to Famitsu, Sonic Mania sold a million copies worldwide. 

Man, I was hoping more along the lines of 2 million :-/

It's still good, though. Hopefully Mania Plus is a good push for it.

2 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Saw a thing on Twitter.

Ray looks kind of bad...

• Thumbs Up 1

A million for a game of his nature in THIS day in age.is very impressive.

Ray looks cool gonna enjoy trying him and out and Mighty aswell , I never played SegaSonic or Chatotix so it will be my first go with those guys.