Awoo.

Sonic Mania Plus: Official Reveal (Coming July 17th) - NO SPOILERS

Sonictrainer

Since the PC version won't get a physical release, I expect the Plus DLC to include a digital version of the artbook. Everybody happy.

I'm not a die hard Mighty or Ray fan, but I gladly accept their inclusion. Maybe Amy for the sequel? *wink wink*

Encore mode will likely be hard mode if they said layout changes. Which is fantastic!

"And more..." I hope these are new cutscenes and level transitions, extended endings, bug fixes and a boss rush mode.

All in all, super excided for this, I hope to see pre-orders down here soon, I'll gladly buy Mania a second time. Oh, and I hope the holographic cover is the Mega Drive one, coz' that's also how it was called in South America. I think Genesis was ONLY in the United States, right?

58 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Considering that Mighty started life as a Sonic prototype, I felt that they kept his Sonic shoes as a nod to that point of origin; with Ray, on the other hand, my guess is they didn't want him to have the same shoes as Mighty, so they took the opportunity to make a nod to the comics with the change.

If so, it still feels like such a minor nod that could have been done more cleverly while still looking unique. Like having red shoes two white straps per shoe forming X-shapes. Or maybe white shoes with red straps to invert Sonic's shoe colors while still obviously looking similar stylistically? I digress, but this would look weird if Sonic and Mighty stand side-by-side with 3D models. Good thing that still has a, I guess, 95% chance of never happening.

37 minutes ago, CowabungaCarl555 said:

Sand Hill Zone confirmed!

Seriously though, going to love seeing new spins on new spins of old classics, this team can pull it off.

If anything, they should remix a zone from Knuckles Chaotix and SegaSonic arcade since those are games mighty and ray appeared in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw this interesting post on Retro:

Going back to one of Mania's files (Objects2.gif to be more clear), it seems that Mighty and Ray were planned to be playable very early on. I'm assuming what was once thought to be an A is simply a misinterpreted R.
Posted Image

They could be right. Perhaps Team Mania did want to include Ray and Mighty in last years release.

I'm not 100% sure how to feel about this.

Mighty and Ray are cool if you care about them, but as someone who doesn't...They're just okay.

No new levels/ story is dissapointing honestly.

And I'm kinda worried about the price. I hope it's around 5-10 dollars.

I also wanted new zones, like brand new, that's my problem with Mania, so I understand the complaints, if they want people to buy Mania Plus, they should add more content so it can be worth it.

Now, I have no idea what Encore mode is, but I hope it has some new stuff in it. Did they say if there is more content to be announced?

Who's said there no new levels? They probably will not reveal everything at once. It could be a surprise but I still see new levels very unlikely. 

35 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Who's said there no new levels? They probably will not reveal everything at once. It could be a surprise but I still see new levels very unlikely. 

11 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Yeah that's why I want to know if there are more features to be revealed.

While they have said that there is more to come from Mania Plus, I don't think that it'll be additional levels. It feels like it would be a big misstep not to announce that there would be new levels right away, because it runs the risk of people missing that info in the long run. They wouldn't necessarily have to reveal the levels, just announce that they'd be coming. The other features of Mania Plus will probably be smaller features, because Mighty, Ray and Encore Mode are the big hitters. I'm hoping for the ability to replay Special Stages, missing stage transitions to be added in and the expansion of "& Knuckles mode" to allow any character with any partner.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah I don't expect anything like new levels to be announced later. Even a new bonus stage is something to be announced yesterday. The other features will be stuff like missing cutscenes, and hopefully a way not to stop the stage music when turning Super.

Can’t thank Sega/Taxman Team enough for giving Sonic a pillow to rest on for some time while Sonic Team recoups until their next game appears(and the new shit is great too).

I’m more concerned with how the characters play. I’m not wanting to pay for new characters that don’t do any sort of unique mechanic on top of Tails me a Knuckles still not being fixed. If not then I might as well mod Sonic’s model myself rather buy one lol.

Anyways, this is good stuff and I hope they continue the momentum.

2 minutes ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

I’m more concerned with how the characters play. I’m not wanting to pay for new characters that don’t do any sort of unique mechanic on top of Tails me a Knuckles still not being fixed.

Chances are that Mighty and Ray will have unique movesets of their own. I don't know why so many people are expecting them to just be clones or reskins.

What do you mean about Knuckles and Tails "still not being fixed" though? 

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

I'm inclined to agree. Mania already has more than enough zones and if the Encore mode has changes to the existing stages, then they'll already be busy enough. New stages would better saved for Mania 2.

It's far more important that content such as the missing transitions is added and the music glitches are fixed. The game only having half a story was a big disappointment for me. The news of the physical release shows that SEGA has been listening and the missing cutscenes has been one of the biggest complaints. So I'm 100% confident Team Mania will include them.

Also, making all the special stages playable (at least) via level select (like you could in Sonic 1&2) is a no-brainer.

The &Knuckles mode is a fun little extra. It's weird being able to play with Knuckles and Tails (AI) following in the Sonic 1&2 remasters, and yet in Mania you can only do it the other way round (with Tails leading and Knuckles following). 

I'd also like to see a boss-rush mode implemented, designed like the scrapped Egg Gauntlet from the Sonic 2 remaster.

I'm looking forward to playing with Mighty. Not as fussed about Ray, I agree Amy would have been a better choice but it's not a big deal for me. Unless of course Amy being a playable character in Mania will be revealed at a later date. You never know...

I think it's very evident that Mania was an ambitious project and the devs didn't have enough development time to include everything they wanted to. Well, nows their chance.

Call it what you want; "Plus" or Definitive Edition" or "Game of the year Edition".  This is a chance to get a more polished version of an already great game.

Agreed , I Think adding too much to this game would be detrimental to a sequel as daft as that sounds. The fact that we are getting a physical release and a very nice looking one at that with extras tacked on is more than I think any of us were expecting to begin with , and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who predicted Mighty and Ray. 

I still think that there would be at least some loose association between the shorts and the "Plus". Not sure why.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes but what if Encore mode includes those new stages? They haven't specified what it is, so I'm really curious... it could be a hard mode, which is interesting, if there is some new level design or more challenge, or even new acts for existing zones. Just give me more content to play.

2 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Yes but what if Encore mode includes those new stages? They haven't specified what it is, so I'm really curious... it could be a hard mode, which is interesting, if there is some new level design or more challenge, or even new acts for existing zones. Just give me more content to play.

It could be. Or it could be also the adaptation of SM Adventures in a game. Who knows ? 
I wonder what the menu would look like. ^_^

I think any price $10 and under is fair for a DLC update, with this added content they have planned. That brings it even (at most) with what people will be paying for the physical copy.

More than that though and they'll be raking us a bit. I do hope they're a little more considerate than that up top and maintain a good relationship with us as they have now.

33 minutes ago, superman43 said:

It could be. Or it could be also the adaptation of SM Adventures in a game. Who knows ? 
I wonder what the menu would look like. ^_^

Maybe there's the Mania Mode as it's in the original Mania game, but with all the missing stuff and fixes, and there's the Encore Mode which is the adaptation of Mania Adventures in a game. This is what I would like it to be rather than Encore Mode just being the better version of  the original Mania. It could be a follow-up to Forces' story when Sonic warps back to Angel Island like in Mania Adventures.

48 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Maybe there's the Mania Mode as it's in the original Mania game, but with all the missing stuff and fixes, and there's the Encore Mode which is the adaptation of Mania Adventures in a game. This is what I would like it to be rather than Encore Mode just being the better version of  the original Mania. It could be a follow-up to Forces' story when Sonic warps back to Angel Island like in Mania Adventures.

Or, Encore mode is literally what happens after Sonic gets shafted to another dimension at the end of Sonic Mania’s true ending...

We get to replay the 5 or 6 Classic Sonic Forces levels and bosses but this time as designed by the Mania team before it leads Sonic back to his own dimension on Angel Island - this is a special turn of events where Taxman and Stealth have been hired to do some damage control.

I am joking obvs.

Maybe we’ll be lead to an explanation of why Angel Island fell out of the sky again. Was that actually ever explained?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Son-icka said:

Maybe we’ll be lead to an explanation of why Angel Island fell out of the sky again. Was that actually ever explained?

The magical warp of a Phantom Ruby to Angel Island caused that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fortunately the should be information soon. I'd say Plus will be released on July or August, 4-5 months from now. If there is any Sonic-related event in April/May, they will likely explain everything there.

I wish they explained everything already, though xD I think I'm getting more impatient every year, at least for stuff I'm passionate about.

12 minutes ago, superman43 said:

The magical warp of a Phantom Ruby to Angel Island caused that.

But Sonic and Tails arrived as the Phantom Ruby was pulled out the island after it had crashed hadn’t they? Or do you mean it appeared on the island beforehand which caused the crash.

I swear I don’t know how I missed this detail if it was explained somewhere...

1 minute ago, Son-icka said:

But Sonic and Tails arrived as the Phantom Ruby was pulled out the island after it had crashed hadn’t they? Or do you mean it appeared on the island beforehand which caused the crash.

I swear I don’t know how I missed this detail if it was explained somewhere...

1. Phantom Ruby warped to the universe of Generations´ Classic Sonic

2. Angel Island fell from the sky

3. Eggman found the signal of Ruby and sent Eggrobos to get it

4. Tails got the signal as well and he went with Sonic to Angel Island

5. Mania Angel Island -----> Green Hill Cutscene

What's wrong with it ?

10 hours ago, molul said:

Just wanted to confirm the DLC won't be free. It seems I missed the moment when they said "we'll talk about pricing later". Here, around 3:20: 

And here comes the fans complaints towards this.