Awoo.

Sonic Mania Plus: Official Reveal (Coming July 17th) - NO SPOILERS

Sonictrainer

I do hope the Super Sonic boss was changed up, include all the excess pathways found out of bounds in the original release, or include the other Heavies if they aren't meant to be destroyed after TM Act 2 boss. It just seemed rather barren for a Super Sonic final boss ya know. Tho I loved how Eggman and King were fighting over the Ruby.

I've uploaded another video:

Lava Reef act 2 boss and LR - MM zone transition. This transition also feels unfinished:

The background from the start of the boss fight is slightly different.

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

So with some stuff feeling unfinished, it's an early build of a patch rather than the patch being released early. Essentially a partner-net accidental public upload type thing. A build version.

not many people here got it, huh?

just finished my playthrough. great additions to the game, especially that one thing in the mid game. I can only imagine now what the encore mode does. cant wait for plus to release!

Idk I think the Hydrocity Zone transition is finished.

Spoiler

Not really a quick way to show them going from there to there to the Tornado.

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

Idk I think the Hydrocity Zone transition is finished.

Reveal hidden contents

Not really a quick way to show them going from there to there to the Tornado.

Actually, there is. Original HCZ transition (S3) + being in AIZ again + Tails going for Tornado and showing with it in seconds.

Plus I think also LR to MM transition is finished.

Youtube upload of the MM - TM Transition:

Spoiler

Even though some transitions feel unfinished, I'm so fucking happy every zone has one now. The overall collision detection feels better in the zones.

Nearly done with my playthrough. Just gotta beat TM.

1 minute ago, TheOcelot said:

Hide contents

Even though some transitions feel unfinished, I'm so fucking happy every zone has one now. The overall collision detection feels better in the zones.

Hah...

Poor Tails, still afraid of lightning

• Absolutely 1

4 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Hide contents

So, basically the background of the TMZ Act 1 is Metallic Madness whilst foreground is the construction site.

11 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Well one thing is for sure. This thursdays livestream will be interesting.

Aaron screaming and pulling his hair out whilst remixed Sonic music plays delightfully in the background

• Thumbs Up 1

Finished playing Mania. Nothing additional unlocks when you beat the game.  TM act2 boss and Egg Reverie seems exactly the same as before, as is the ending cutscene.

I'd imagine there will be some more tweaks to other bosses in future updates. Overall I didn't notice any difference in the level design (apart from the new transitions).  I noticed one new item box which had been added to Studiopolis.

So yeah, Mania Plus when it releases is looking very promising. Team Mania have clearly listened to fan-feedback.

Tomorrow I'm going to do and upload a full playthrough of the updated version. 

In enough ways, this is probably somehow the best way to introduce the new additions and changes to the main game, to be discovered and described by excited, surprised fans of the original game I think generates as much excitement and appreciation as possible!  :)^_^ 

• Fist Bump 2

On 4/3/2018 at 7:47 PM, Tenko said:

The HBH fight in Studiopolis is a spectacle, kinda like the level too really, it felt like it showed off what the team could do, the resizing sprites ala Chaotix, the moving boss much like in Advance, and having the copter chasing you and launching missiles reminded me of when Flying Battery pops in and drops bombs on the way to the boss in Angel Island, except this time you can fight back!

While it's quite simple in how to defeat it, it was overload on the eyes and I loved it. My favourite HBH, behind Magician. I do wish they had a bit more meat to them tho, when they escaped I was expecting them to come back so you could destroy them. Didn't really think their brief...and kinda ugly..reintroduction during the Titanic Monarch boss fight did them justice. 

I was also disappointed that Metal Sonic didn’t get a turn during the Titanic monarch fight. And I agree final battles with them would be cool, maybe with Infinite involved. 

I noticed that Sonic Mania got a new update while playing Persona 5, I checked the update history and what do you know! A lot of stuff has been added, so I went online to check the news.

Spoiler

I replayed the entire game with Knuckles and it's great to see that every Zone now has a transition! I've heard that Lava Reef-to-Metallic Madness doesn't have a transition, but it does for Knuckles, as he uses the teleporter thing from Sky Sanctuary to get there. Other than that, those transitions are great! Really wish they were there in the first place.

The Metal Sonic boss fight caught me completely off guard. I died like 8 times before I beat it. lol

Crossing fingers that they put the printers and ink back in Press Garden, sure it may slow the fast gameplay a tad but Press Garden Act 1 could really use some extra assets outside of press rollers and boxes to make it feel like a printing press. Finding out there were printers and ink, that you printed platforms etc removed from the level kinda makes the stage feel even emptier than I thought it was when I first played it. I love Act 2 and it's themes and saw mill boxes and ice traps etc, Act 1 needs a bit more of that, the things that set it apart from any other stock standard level. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 4

2 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Crossing fingers that they put the printers and ink back in Press Garden, sure it may slow the fast gameplay a tad but Press Garden Act 1 could really use some extra assets outside of press rollers and boxes to make it feel like a printing press. Finding out there were printers and ink, that you printed platforms etc removed from the level kinda makes the stage feel even emptier than I thought it was when I first played it. I love Act 2 and it's themes and saw mill boxes and ice traps etc, Act 1 needs a bit more of that, the things that set it apart from any other stock standard level. 

Let's say... Encore mode ?

6 minutes ago, superman43 said:

Let's say... Encore mode ?

Possibly. I mean they could have fixed the speed issue by having the paint leak down from a broken pipe or something, coats Sonic as he runs under it depending on what path you take, and when he runs past/through the printer it takes the ink off and prints the path in front of him as he runs to get to new areas or unreachable bits. 

I hope Encore Mode has a new boss for Knuckles, aka Sonic 3K, the Mecha Sonic boss was awesome and meant Knuckles had a unique ending and final type boss. Perhaps a rematch with Heavy King? 

• Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Possibly. I mean they could have fixed the speed issue by having the paint leak down from a broken pipe or something, coats Sonic as he runs under it depending on what path you take, and when he runs past/through the printer it takes the ink off and prints the path in front of him as he runs to get to new areas or unreachable bits. 

I hope Encore Mode has a new boss for Knuckles, aka Sonic 3K, the Mecha Sonic boss was awesome and meant Knuckles had a unique ending and final type boss. Perhaps a rematch with Heavy King? 

Not only that, but Mighty and Ray getting unique bosses in both normal and Encore modes. 

Perhaps Pulp Solstice could be a hidden stage with the old PGZ gimmicks, and maybe the original Metal Sonic fight at the end, like Proto Palace.

4 hours ago, Tenko said:

As a graphic designer myself, I approve this haha 

It will be awesome to dive into CMYK ink, especially if your colour go back to normal if you dive into each ink in order!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

Hide contents

I've heard that Lava Reef-to-Metallic Madness doesn't have a transition, but it does for Knuckles, as he uses the teleporter thing from Sky Sanctuary to get there.

That transition was in the game even before the patch, if I recall correctly.

Spoiler

As for Sonic and/or Tails, they originally didn't have one between Lava Reef and Metallic Madness, but now they do:

Just before fighting the Heavy Rider, the arena starts flying high into the sky, with the Little Planet appearing in the background. After the fight, Sonic and/or Tails look towards the Little Planet, which begins to light up. Fade to black, then Metallic Madness begins.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Two more zone transitions:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Why the fuck does a submarine fly lmao.

They look oddly like Forces's spaceships. 

Huh.