Awoo.

Sonic Mania Plus: Official Reveal (Coming July 17th) - NO SPOILERS

Sonictrainer

6 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

I hope they remember to edit the reversible cover to a blue or black Mega Drive sleeve for us PAL gamers. We have nostalgia too.

They said they will :)

They weren't going to put Espio and Vector in. If they did, my entire reality would collapse. Because it's not possible in my books. 

I hope we don't have to buy the entire game again. For those of us who already have the base game, can we just download the "plus" additions when they're available? 

15 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

DYcBTQ6W4AE16rF.jpg

Looking forward to Mighty not just being a re-skin of Sonic like he was in Chaotix.

He had a wall jump, mang. He was always more than a mere reskin...believe it!

• Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I hope we don't have to buy the entire game again. For those of us who already have the base game, can we just download the "plus" additions when they're available? 

Yes.

If you're like me and already have the downloadable version, the new features in ''Plus'' will be DLC at a later date.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Neither Mighty or Ray is interesting alone. But in terms of bringing back old content and making something new and special, these two are a gold mine. I never expected this to happen, and I'm so stoked for it. 

If they wanted to bring back old content they could've made Fang and Bean playable, as they're characters with actually interesting skills and personalities, and not just Red Sonic and Yellow Sonic. Or they could've had classic Amy playable in a platformer for the first time.

I mean, if they end up selling me on the characters once I actually get my hands on them then fine, cool, but I honestly see no inherent value to the characters, and what should feel like a major expansion to a game I love feels like a quiet fart because of it.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

Yes; they said it would be available as a content update.  Pricing presently not stated.

In Sonic Mania all signposts but Sonic's are labelled with the respective character's initial in the sprite sheet with two placeholder copies being labelled "M" and "A".

SonicManiaSignpostsTKMA.png

I guess now we know what the "M" likely stood for. 

It's nice to see a lot of Sonic Mania support. Now I'll have a reason to beat Sonic Mania two more times.

No Amy and no new stages means this is a pass for me. This doesn't really sound like a meaningful update to me so I'm not gonna bother.

It's cool to see old characters brought back but these are probably the two least interesting choices for that kind of thing.

• Thumbs Up 4

No Saturn Sleeves? I thought this was supposed to be a Saturn style game?
But, eh. Pass.
Only care about new levels.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

16 minutes ago, MainJP said:

In Sonic Mania all signposts but Sonic's are labelled with the respective character's initial in the sprite sheet with two placeholder copies being labelled "M" and "A".

SonicManiaSignpostsTKMA.png

I guess now we know what the "M" likely stood for. 

I believe that the last one was "R" from the beginning, but they didn´t want to give it that easy. That´s why the "R" is written almost like "A", to make people confused. :D

I know I'm asking this a lot... but did they say if there is a PC physical version or not? I remember they said something about those who bought it digital, new content will be added for free or something like that.

1 minute ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

No Saturn Sleeves? I thought this was supposed to be a Saturn style game?
But, eh. Pass.
Only care about new levels.

I never bought the Saturn thing anyway.

The question is... will the digital version have the Plus patch? Or at least paid DLC? Or do we actually need to buy the physical version to play it?

16 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

If they wanted to bring back old content they could've made Fang and Bean playable, as they're characters with actually interesting skills and personalities, and not just Red Sonic and Yellow Sonic.

Since all Ray can do is glide, wouldn't he just be a yellow Knuckles instead? His ability makes his inclusion redundant...they can't change him.

Man, who'd have thought we'd get playable Ray again before Amy? lol I'm guessing the chose them since they'll just be Sonic and Tails (Edit: Actually Knuckles makes more sense for Ray) reskins.

Dumb sidenote: The way they did the logo on the spine made me happy:

DYcApPAVMAATgUF.jpg&key=3f9a3d6fed4b739b1b3e436b98e1f63afa948adfc22118855250d573692b5f5e

When I saw the logo get taller, I thought about terrible and tiny it'd look on the spine. Like Colors:

7CuwI7b.jpg?1

But depressingly, while looking for this pic of Colors' box art, I discovered that the US version did alter it >_>

4FEvBR1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Jango said:

The question is... will the digital version have the Plus patch? Or at least paid DLC? Or do we actually need to buy the physical version to play it?

You can download it when Sonic Mania Plus is released. Price not specified yet.

Just now, Jango said:

90% sure it will be DLC. 70% sure it will cost something.

Overall I would prefer Amy and Metal, but that's neat too. Always nice to give some love to smaller guys. I really hope they aren't just skins.

• Thumbs Up 1

Additional detail: They were asked during the Q/A if there'd be an additional super form for Mighty and Ray. Answer was basically "play the game when it releases" so take that as you will.

• Thumbs Up 7

Don't care about Mighty or Ray. They'll most likely be re-skins. 

Didn't expect Amy although it would have been a nice add. Her gameplay though would have been fundamentally different from the others so a slightly different programming challenge for the team. I'm sure they definitely thought about it a lot and will try to develop a possibility for her in the future.

Happy about the physical release though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder why no one asked if there is an adaptation of "Sonic Mania Adventures" in Sonic Mania Plus. That could mean playable Angel Island.

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Man, who'd have thought we'd get playable Ray again before Amy? lol I'm guessing the chose them since they'll just be Sonic and Tails (Edit: Actually Knuckles makes more sense for Ray) reskins.

Dumb sidenote: The way they did the logo on the spine made me happy:

DYcApPAVMAATgUF.jpg&key=3f9a3d6fed4b739b1b3e436b98e1f63afa948adfc22118855250d573692b5f5e

When I saw the logo get taller, I thought about terrible and tiny it'd look on the spine. Like Colors:

7CuwI7b.jpg?1

But depressingly, while looking for this pic of Colors' box art, I discovered that the US version did alter it >_>

4FEvBR1.jpg

A good logo always have a vertical and horizontal version ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Since all Ray can do is glide, wouldn't he just be a yellow Knuckles instead? His ability makes his inclusion redundant...they can't change him.

World made him able to glide up surfaces. 

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Since all Ray can do is glide, wouldn't he just be a yellow Knuckles instead?

Well he couldn't even do that in his one playable appearance; all 3 characters played the same in SegaSonic.

I do expect he'll be able to glide in Mania, since it's implied by his species, but thus far he's only ever been a straight Sonic clone.