Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

Oh my god, I can't. It's so cute I'm gonna die. I just checked my pulse and I think it stopped. Yeah, I think this killed me.

Heart melted... dead...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

That was lovely. Short and sweet. Beautiful animation. Looking forward to part 2.

I like the brief remix of the act-clear jingle.

In the credit sequence at the end which shows a few seconds of Green Hill, Chemical Plant & Studiopolis; there should have been a sequence like that (showing footage of all 12 zones) in Sonic Mania's ending credits sequence.  

10 minutes ago, Tenko said:
  Hide contents

It's...just....so...BEAUTIFUL!! The facials especially are the best!! I was hoping there was a teaser for the second part at the end as the credits rolled and I was never so happy to be right. Reminded me a lot of that short video in Sonic Jam where Sonic backfires one of Eggman's traps and he gets smooshed by a big weight. Same symbols on the contraption too..

IMG_20180331_075635.thumb.jpg.70eca593fd00c9be9e12a3c52647bde4.jpg

I’m thinking it’s a homage. And I agree that the expressions and cinematography were great. 

This is literally how Sonic cartoons should have always been. This is the closest I've ever seen someone get to my idealized Sonic cartoon, taking plenty of influence from Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and the like. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Episode 1 of Sonic Mania Adventures is amazing! Exactly what I always wanted to see out of a official Sonic cartoon series!

Spoiler

Very much looking forward to seeing Metal Sonic in the later episodes! Hopefully Amy will appear too. This single episode blows Sonic X & Boom outta the water by a mile for me! SEGA really should hire a bigger crew and do a full on 10 minute per episode series of this same style in the future! :D

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Spoiler

Sonic the Hedgehog doesn't know the definition of mercy.

(I'm kidding, the ending was hilarious.)

• Chuckle 2

Great start. Really love the overall art direction. Really praise the abstract mix of soft shading with hard colors, and the embedded shapes in the environments. The animation is really good too, very expressive and bouncy; also like the established weight everything has (best example is Sonic's initial sprint chasing the animal capsule). The thin-line 2D animation and solid colors for characters also makes for really good contrast against the more painted-in visuals for backgrounds (and I like how those are subtly animated at parts, such as the foliage and the clouds).

Also commend the whole Golden Age of Animation vibe/direction of the short; which I think contributed to the writers absolutely nailing Sonic and Eggman's personalities. Their interactions are absolute gold. Questions about Sonic held on to a Chaos Emerald aside (which I understand, but I'm not quite as bothered); the story was pretty clear and to the point. I think that's also really well-reflected in the music as well; due to how it mixes together various cues/leitmotifs of stuff like Angel Island, the main theme, and Eggman's theme as well.

The only thing I'd say that could had worked better was some of the sound effects, namely Eggman's laugh; but otherwise that was supremely well done. Can't wait for the other episodes.

The end credits reveal Sega/Tyson Heese and company collaborated with Neko Production on the animation/artwork. They did an excellent job. I hope Sega approaches them again in the future to provide artwork/animations for a proper Sonic game...a Mania sequel with HD sprites and backgrounds, perhaps? ;-)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

4 minutes ago, A crocodile said:

This is literally how Sonic cartoons should have always been. This is the closest I've ever seen someone get to my idealized Sonic cartoon, taking plenty of influence from Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and the like. 

Classic ones sure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic just couldn't be the cutest and coolest all at the same time, oh boy, oh wow. The AOSTH vibe is pretty welcome actually, I always appreciate a little wackiness in cartoons...

Thumbs Up!!

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:

sncpinkcset_345x345@2x.jpg?v=1522427257

That right there is literally perfection.

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought it was good and funny. I would love to see a modern sonic show that uses this art style, which contains occasional short skits about Classic Sonic.

I have a feeling Knuckles and Tails will find the other emeralds.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Hide contents

Likely reason: Rule of Funny - Eggman needs a reason to get caught in his own trap.

Story reason: Possibly one of the emeralds flew into the vortex with Classic and he got it before landing in Forces.

Spoiler

I hate the Rule of Funny, it makes Emeralds even less relevant than they already are. I guess they gave him an Emerald for that reason, but let's entertain the story reason

Story reason: 1) Green Emerald also flew away from the vortex at the end of Mania, so there's no way he picked it up

2) Even if he picked it up in the vortex, why did he never have a thought to pull it out of his blue butt and help the resistance with it in Forces?

Man, even the simplest continuities can't be followed anymore, and that's annoying me a tiny bit.

Watched first video, my thoughts:

Well, look at this "Sonic Mega Drive Animated". Let's have simple comedy. No talking, almost no characters, no plot, no depth!

.... god damn it, I'm Adventure fan. Why do I like it so much?

Just like Sonic Mania it's simple fun that anyone can enjoy. Something that Flynn tried to do in IDW #1, yet failed (probably due to lack of Hesse art). I'm 90% sure it beats Boom, Pontaff or any other Sonic comedy (maaaaybe except Flynn. But only when his at his best). But don't quote me on this yet, let's see more.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

almost no characters...

Why is this a problem...characters only exist to bog things down.

Just now, StaticMania said:

Why is this a problem...characters only exist to bog things down.

Did you even finished reading my post or did you stopped in the middle?

I'm Sonic Adventure fan, I like having Sonic cast around as a principle.

But that ISN'T a problem. I did say I liked the damn thing. Not BECAUSE of lack of characters, but DESPITE of lack of characters. And that's a huge plus in it's favor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MetalSkulkBane said:

Did you even finished reading my post or did you stopped in the middle?

It was a joke...

Joke = all characters stink

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

It was a joke...

Joke = all characters stink

Ah ok then.

I just like don't find the joke funny.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 2

31 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

sncpinkcset_345x345@2x.jpg?v=1522427257

Now Available on the Sega Shop. :D

Please tell me these are going to be available in the UK because I need them. 

Thought I do some gifs:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, the animations style is so good. Feels so retro.

I really like how Eggman's appearance is true to his original design from Sonic 1. 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Ah ok then.

I just like don't find the joke funny.

Well, until someone figures out how to write a story without characters...I don't think it ever will be funny.

But don't worry about that, it's fine.

• Thumbs Up 1