Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

Just announced via the Panel. 

Sonic Mania adventures is a 5 part cartoon short based on the Sonic Mania universe.

More details coming in a bit... we're busy at TSS getting more data and images.

• Thumbs Up 1

Story wise, I hope it doesn’t rely too hard on the events of Forces. We know it takes place after sonic comes back from moderns world, but outside that, keep it separate please.

also tails I already know won’t be a little bitch here so I’m happy about that 

overall very excited and curious 

• Thumbs Up 2

No voices, just actions, classics. Sounds good already. Those 15 seconds were already more enjoyable for me than all of Sonic Boom......though I may be a tiny bit biased....just a bit. ;)

Two Sonic cartoons going on at once? Is it the nineties again?

It sure is neat to have one that finally sticks to the classic Japanese design. Only the obscure OVA did that, and even that had major deviations in places.

1 hour ago, E-122-Psi said:

Two Sonic cartoons going on at once? Is it the nineties again?

It sure is neat to have one that finally sticks to the classic Japanese design. Only the obscure OVA did that, and even that had major deviations in places.

Two? Am I missing a second Sonic cartoon happening now?

5 minutes ago, antyep said:

Two? Am I missing a second Sonic cartoon happening now?

Yeah, Boom is basically dead, they barely mention it at the panel.

• Fist Bump 2

So, I have a theory about "Sonic Mania Adventures" 

I couldn't help but notice that a big chunk of this panel dedicated to "the future of Sonic" focused on Sonic Mania, whether it was the physical release or this short cartoon series. That makes me think this series may end up leading to an eventual Sonic Mania 2. I feel like they'll release these once every couple of months meaning the last one would probably release around the end of the year and may serve as a surprise announcement of the next Mania game, with this series filling in the blanks of what happened after Mania/Forces.

I could be wrong but I feel like this panel pretty much confirmed that, for the most part, the "Mania" direction is the one they're going to be focusing on going forward. I'm sure they'll still make more modern games in the future but I think for 2018/2019 they're going to keep riding the wave of success from Mania, as well they should so I wouldn't be surprised if the end of this series ends up teasing/heavily hinting Sonic Mania 2 (or heck, maybe the next game is CALLED Sonic Mania Adventures) 

I like this! I want to keep classic and modern universes separate and not rely to much on Sonic Forces for this cartoon.

Also, based on how the sneak peek plays out, I'm wondering if this cartoon series will focus on some of the ways Robotnik was able to "take over" in Sonic's absence. Not to say it'll be like Forces but maybe without Sonic to defend the animals, Robotnik was able to once again roboticize a lot of them (then again, isn't that the plot to every classic sonic game?) and it'll be up to Sonic to restore order 

I'm super excited to see this. The animated cutscenes in Mania are kind of my favorite part of it so to see that get its own mini series is a welcomed surprise. Hopefully they can keep that high quality animation throughout its five parts.

Though, gonna be honest here, was kind of hoping there's dialogue in this. I'm sick of classic's whole no talk bit as it just limits the interactions he can have with other characters and the overall plot itself. I'm not saying they need to be as chatty as in the modern games but there's only so much you can do with pantomiming. The megadrive comics were great due both in part of their art-style and dialogue. We have a great voice cast now, use them.

• Thumbs Up 3

The warping effect and Sonic's entrance actually looks kind of cheap and unfinished. I hope that gets touched up. 

This project is awesome though. I'm really excited for it, and totally surprised.

This was definitely the highlight of the stream for me, it looks fantastic and I really can't wait for these.

22 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The warping effect and Sonic's entrance actually looks kind of cheap and unfinished. I hope that gets touched up. 

This project is awesome though. I'm really excited for it, and totally surprised.

Tyson did give a verbal disclaimer before the clip that even though it's being released within a month, he wanted to make a point that it was still currently in an unfinished state so those concerns may well get addressed.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Tyson did give a verbal disclaimer before the clip that even though it's being released within a month, he wanted to make a point that it was still currently in an unfinished state so those concerns may well get addressed.

Yeah, that's exactly why I said it, because that's the only part that tuck out to me as rough or unfinished. 

Finally, a Sonic "show" to rival the OVA.

...well, maybe. This definitely looks neat, but I'm not sure if it's just going to be a couple fun little adventures or if it's going to add up to something meatier. Regardless it's good to see more Mania-related stuff and I'm sure it'll be fun in whatever form it ends up being.

• Fist Bump 1

This is neat, but honestly another direct to video is what I want. It's more of an investment sure, but yeah.

• My Emmerdoods 1

I can't believe this is happening, I'm really hyped for it.

Loved the OVA, and this reminds me of that, so I'm all in for it!

This got me more excited than the Sonic Mania Plus reveal. Animation is looking good so far and I’m glad the characters are mute. I can’t wait for the first short next month! 

Wish it could be a tv series instead but with THAT kind of animation, a couple of shorts is fine. =D

This is giving me life. So I'm all for it, here's hoping it delivers well...and no talking probably means it'll be more focus on what the characters are actually doing.

Tis neat.

• Thumbs Up 2