Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

16 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Amy is define by her crush like Sonic is define by his speed but with him they don't say he's still fast but he's doing something else now and what are you talking about Amy was and still is popular even when she was crushing on Sonic. I don't see why Amy shouldn't be in love with Sonic more then being a mission runner, grown, being specifically caring or robot smasher its not like she didn't have other traits before so why do they keep pushing her to do more random things phasing her crush out with each game . 

Because they aren't. Literally the only one thinks they're doing that is you and nobody else, because everyone already knows Amy liking Sonic is still a thing. Just because she isn't constantly fawning over him 24/7 doesn't mean  they're "phasing it out". You've been saying "Oh they're just getting rid of Amy's crush" when literally every piece of media that has her in it features it in some way.

Its like...does she have to constantly be talking about Sonic for you to know she still likes him? 

Just now, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Because they aren't. Literally the only one thinks they're doing that is you and nobody else, because everyone already knows Amy liking Sonic is still a thing. Just because she isn't constantly fawning over him 24/7 doesn't mean  they're "phasing it out". You've been saying "Oh they're just getting rid of Amy's crush" when literally every piece of media that has her in it features it in some way.

Its like...does she have to constantly be talking about Sonic for you to know she still likes him? 

Wait, what am I doing that no one else is doing again? I know that people know Amy has a crush on Sonic in Boom and IDW but she never fawn over Sonic 24/7 that's making a mountain out of a molehill and if their not phasing Amy's crush out then why keep pushing her to do other things saying she's growing out of it. Her crush being featured in media doesn't mean there not trying to phase it out.

And what's wrong with Amy thinking about Sonic often why must she grow up or do random things to show that she has other traits part of the fun in a story is the mystery I don't need to know what little jobs Amy does. 

15 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Wait, what am doing that no one else is doing again? I know that people know Amy has a crush on Sonic in Boom and IDW and Sonic she never fawn over Sonic 24/7 that's making a mountain out of a molehill if their not phasing Amy's crush out then why keep pushing her to do other things saying she's growing out of it being in media doesn't mean there not trying to phase it out.

And what's wrong with Amy thinking about Sonic often why must she grow up or do random things to show she does other things part of the fun in a story is the mystery I don't need to know what little jobs Amy does. 

Ok, I'm going to end this here because the grammar in this sentence is actually making it extremely hard to know what you're saying.

Just now, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Ok, I'm going to end this here because the grammar in this sentence is actually making it extremely hard to know what you're saying.

Alright, but the grammar looks fine just has some errors.

I should stay out of this particular Amy discussion but I'm going to gamble on trying to address Amy's crush as I personally see it.

In short, Amy's crush is a starting point and affects both her motivation and her interactions with Sonic. However, it is not the singular defining aspect of Amy. She is playful and caring, sympathetic and quick to anger and these traits affect her interactions with characters other than Sonic. One aspect of Amy's character that everyone seems to forget though, from her fans to even SEGA is that she has a love of adventure. This is actually an aspect of her which should inform her character more so than her crush, even as her crush may influence the type of adventure she is attracted to, but not without having to be balanced against her other traits which leads to her helping others out as she is presented as doing in this most recent episode.

SMA e6 really does a great job of balancing all of Amy's traits. She's out on an adventure, which instantly plays into her love of adventure. She's on Angel Island no less, a place Sonic has visited which shows her crush dictating where she chooses to adventure. Then when she finds Metal Sonic in bad shape her caring and sympathetic traits shine through as she takes him back to Eggman. Lastly, you see her playful side when she also gives Sonic a flower before casually heading off in response to his reaction to her actions (I personally really like this as well as it kind of ties back into her rascal nickname). Except maybe for her short temper, which I personally don't miss as it would actually detract from her, e6 really highlights most of Amy's traits subtly without having to shove any of them down our throats. Sure if you're not familiar with her history you may miss out on a lot of her traits being on display here, but that doesn't particularly hurt either as you still get a good idea about who she is and what she's about still. She's still on a random adventure implying that she's an adventure, is caring enough to even help a robot who obviously terrifies her, and is playful with Sonic who she offers a very different type of smile to imply her relationship with Sonic is something other than passive. this nuanced handling of her character says so much more about her than just her spouting her love for Sonic at the top of her lungs constantly ever could. Yes her crush is important and dictate a lot about her, but it is a trait that informs her actions and not one that should control her character to the point of stripping her of a sense of reason.

Amy is one of my favorites and always has been, but her crush on Sonic is only a part of her and pushing it to the fore and eclipsing everything else about her is a disservice to her. Her role may be main love interest, but that role should not be all there is to her. Let her crush on Sonic sure, but make sure her crush is used in a way that shows it informs her decisions and not controls her. Don't let it eclipse her other traits, but coexist harmoniously with them so that way all of her traits compliment and support each other rounding her out and making her a complete character. SMA e6 here did that quite well and most people I've seen have found it to be one of her most endearing appearances to the point that even people who dislike her found her tolerable here, with some even going so far as to wonder why she isn't always written like this. Again her crush is a part of her, but it isn't all there is to her nor should it be.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

A ring was the best Tails could sculpt XD. Points for teamwork

But dang Knuckles and Amy got skill. Of course they each tried to make it about their crushes. KnucklesXMaster Emerald is still the real OTP.

Cute little thing. It's amazing how sweet, sincere, and nice things get when everyone shuts up and embraces themselves.

Cute! This style works well. Knuckles and Amy won by far. It was fun seeing them interacting lol.

Probably a smart idea to come up with a stylish and less labor-intensive style like this that they can use for more frequent mini-entries in the series. Of course, obviously the frame-by-frame is the main style, but it makes sense that they'd want another style that's easier to do.

BTW - I never posted in this topic my thoughts on this series as a whole because I didn't watch it until recently, due to being burnt out from Sonic. I don't feel like writing at length about it, but suffice it to say I absolutely love these shorts. Personality, fun, simple but nice stories, and excellent aesthetics - what more could I want? In fact, they've made my shortlist of best non-games Sonic media.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Probably a smart idea to come up with a stylish and less labor-intensive style like this that they can use for more frequent mini-entries in the series. Of course, obviously the frame-by-frame is the main style, but it makes sense that they'd want another style that's easier to do.

As long as it’s not all as low energy as this. Maybe have some action stuff in the style of the Storybook cutscenes. Retro Sonic really doesn’t need to be further infantilized.

• Thumbs Up 1

Late to the part since I haven't seen much going on with the franchise.

Mania Adventures episode 6 was a very, very welcomed surprise that I never saw coming. I absolutely adore how well Amy and Metal were portrayed, especially since they managed to make Metal emote with very subtle visual cues, which can be challenging for mechanical characters like him, while with Amy, Hesse reminded people that her sweet and naive compassion and empathy are what makes her a wonderful character, and that being a heroic isn't just about being badass and breaking robots.

I also agree with Hesse about how this episode is told from Amy's perspective, and how it is something that lacks any cynism, as this is only added by viewers who either don't get it, or just love to twist the context to try to find some edgy lore to it, like many who try to apply real life consequences to something that runs on cartoon logic.

Personally, I would love to see more of Amy and Metal interacting, esoecially if it follows a similar path of SA's Amy and Gamma, but with some twists to keep the core premise fresh.

The other animated short is something I like since the stop-animation approach reminds me of certain christmas animations. As for the winner, it's definitively Team 3 hands down.

Anyway...

@ Fire-N-Space: why do you always act as if Amy's crush for Sonic is ever going to be eliminated or changed? I think it's obvious this will never change, and frankly, I'd rather see other more interesting aspects of Amy, like what makes her different from the other hero characters. (hint: what SMA #6  just showed)

@ Kuzu: IMO Amy would be more popular if this franchise didn't wank constantly to the Sonic/Tails/Knuckles classic trio that sidelines/pushes her out of stories and games where she has more to contribute (*cough*SA2*cough*) and you know it, so stop pretending that it's because of the crush thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/18/2019 at 1:29 AM, dbzfan7 said:

But dang Knuckles and Amy got skill. Of course they each tried to make it about their crushes. KnucklesXMaster Emerald is still the real OTP.

It's the best OTP :heart:

On 12/23/2018 at 8:22 PM, Fire-N-Space said:

Wait, what am I doing that no one else is doing again? I know that people know Amy has a crush on Sonic in Boom and IDW but she never fawn over Sonic 24/7 that's making a mountain out of a molehill and if their not phasing Amy's crush out then why keep pushing her to do other things saying she's growing out of it. Her crush being featured in media doesn't mean there not trying to phase it out.

And what's wrong with Amy thinking about Sonic often why must she grow up or do random things to show that she has other traits part of the fun in a story is the mystery I don't need to know what little jobs Amy does. 

If all Amy does is making it obvious that she likes Sonic and chasing him 247, she become flanderized and we don't want that. Look at what happened to Knuckles when the writers decided his nativity-trait should become his dominated one 

It would just make Amy less of a character and more a one dimensional  one.  I am not saying  make her like Boom-Amy (which is such a different Amy that it might have just been a different character) but I am saying she needs to do things outside of chasing Sonic, or else that be anoyying and a huge disservice for her character, a lot of people criticized Amy Rose in several Sonic x Episodes and Sonic Battle where those traits became very toxic and made her unlikebale. (attacking Cream for suggesting Sonic doesnt like her, wanting to go on a diet so that Sonic notice her because she believes Sonic doesnt like her because she looks fat, not wanting to share a cake with any of her friends but only with Sonic ect)

She's fine in most of the modern games just look at the adventure games where she is willing to stand up and talk back to Sonic while still making jabs to get him to marry her.  That's Amy Rose, lets not ruin that.

50 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

Look at what happened to Knuckles when the writers decided his nativity-trait should become his dominated one 

Nothing happened, because they didn't do that.

He was just inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

a lot of people criticized Amy Rose in several Sonic x Episodes and Sonic Battle where those traits became very toxic and made her unlikebale. (attacking Cream for suggesting Sonic doesnt like her,

That happened in Sonic X too?

2 hours ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

If all Amy does is making it obvious that she likes Sonic and chasing him 247, she become flanderized and we don't want that. Look at what happened to Knuckles when the writers decided his nativity-trait should become his dominated one 

It would just make Amy less of a character and more a one dimensional  one.  I am not saying  make her like Boom-Amy (which is such a different Amy that it might have just been a different character) but I am saying she needs to do things outside of chasing Sonic, or else that be anoyying and a huge disservice for her character, a lot of people criticized Amy Rose in several Sonic x Episodes and Sonic Battle where those traits became very toxic and made her unlikebale. (attacking Cream for suggesting Sonic doesnt like her, wanting to go on a diet so that Sonic notice her because she believes Sonic doesnt like her because she looks fat, not wanting to share a cake with any of her friends but only with Sonic ect)

She's fine in most of the modern games just look at the adventure games where she is willing to stand up and talk back to Sonic while still making jabs to get him to marry her.  That's Amy Rose, lets not ruin that.

Its Amy's thing to be obvious about her affection toward Sonic chasing him often but this doesn't make Amy any less of a character or one dimensional if she loves Sonic regularly the Mario series does the same thing but adds a spin to it letting their traits brush up against different circumstances while not making new ones Amy isn't flanderized if she started out that way. Do other things? Other things like what they can only show so much in a game and its known that she runs a school, boxing, fashion, she's really compassionate about people and quick to anger if someone finds her unlikeable then that's their problem nothing can change that but them.

Amy has always been ready to stand up against Sonic while trying to marry him ( Sonic Free Riders) that is Amy but the comics and Boom don't seem to agree being a place where she stops trying to marry Sonic and becomes more of a librarian which I find to be very tiresome .   

38 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Its Amy's thing to be obvious about her affection toward Sonic chasing him often but this doesn't make Amy any less of a character or one dimensional if she loves Sonic regularly the Mario series does the same thing but adds a spin to it letting their traits brush up against different circumstances while not making new ones Amy isn't flanderized if she started out that way.

Are you trying to compare Amy to Bowser?

40 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Other things like what they can only show so much in a game and its known that she runs a school

When and where did she run a school?

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

That happened in Sonic X too?

I remember when she chased Sonic up a pole in the cruise ship episode though TBF Sonic did lie to her to make everyone think she was going crazy so he could get off the boat.

But Amy's hot temper was a major part of her character in X.

10 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Are you trying to compare Amy to Bowser?

I was comparing Amy to Peach, Mario or Wario mostly. Why did you think about Bowser from that? 

Sonic Dark Chronicles when Sonic wasn't around.

13 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I remember when she chased Sonic up a pole in the cruise ship episode though TBF Sonic did lie to her to make everyone think she was going crazy so he could get off the boat.

But Amy's hot temper was a major part of her character in X.

I was talking about attacking Cream.

1 minute ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Sonic Dark Chronicles when Sonic wasn't around.

Da fug?

21 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I was comparing Amy to Peach, Mario or Wario mostly. Why did you think about Bowser from that?

They're both characters that show love and affection for people are not interested in them in that way.

1 minute ago, Sonictrainer said:

They're both characters that show love and affection for people are not interested in them in that way.

Ah, Sonic is interested in Amy but I have said this many times and it go's unnoticed by others it seems.

23 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Ah, Sonic is interested in Amy but I have said this many times and it go's unnoticed by others it seems.

His only love is adventure, freedom, and chili dogs.

9 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Nothing happened, because they didn't do that.

He was just inconsistent.

In a lot of the new games Knuckles has become rather "funny how easy to fool hé is"" Boom-Knuckles is An example, of him being very flanderirzed. But yeah that has changed a bit with Forces and Mania. (Thank goodness)