Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

Though a bit rushed, part 5 was very good.  I'm still not feeling the need for Mighty and Ray's existence in the current canon. The OVA-esque way they dealt with Metal was a nice touch, and I loved the ending with Knuckles! He was so done with all this crap.

Mania Adventures was an overall fun and charming return to basics for the franchise. would love to see more in the future!

New behind-the-scenes video:

"Ray had only had one real appearance before, so we got to have a little bit of creative freedom with what his character was like, how he and Mighty were a team- they're kind of a separate team on their own from the regular Sonic hero cast."

I'm so glad these are the guys who got to properly reintroduce these two heroes back into mainstream Sonic.

---

They did it, lads:

https://shop.sega.com/products/sonic-tails-vs-chilidog-blue-t-shirt

Spoiler

snchoiatcdg_44a4958d-4794-4fd9-b14b-8935b63a04ac_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1532614270

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 2

Going to totally get that shirt, tho I wish they had like the Tornado under him, fading out at the edges of the shirt so it doesn't look like he's floating in midair. Loving them embracing the community view and working fast to make bank on popular opinion, it's actually good business for a change rather than ignoring the money waiting for them like they did with Generations DLC...that still burns me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Mania Adventures nominated for LA Shorts festival! If we win this award this will raise legitimacy for this franchise!

Hopefully it encourages SEGA to greenlit more Sonic cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

I found a new EASTER EGG!! Remember the radar? Here's the same one from the Sonic Manga from 2003:

641aa61e5x7nW.jpg

Suddenly, Eggman's loin clothe. :confused:

• 5 weeks later...

So... is a Classic themed cartoon basically confirmed now that the webseries is officially the (likely) most successful Mania thing? I think there is a lot of potential here. And a lot of interest too.

6 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

So... is a Classic themed cartoon basically confirmed now that the webseries is officially the (likely) most successful Mania thing? I think there is a lot of potential here. And a lot of interest too.

No, it´s not. Because SEGA.

13 minutes ago, superman43 said:

No, it´s not. Because SEGA.

You forgot this is Sega, they milk the hell out of what is successful, ex. Classic crossovers and Wisps.

1 minute ago, I Love Sticks said:

You forgot this is Sega, they milk the hell out of what is successful, ex. Classic crossovers and Wisps.

Wisps belong to Modern Sonic universe and I agree with you they are milking the hell out of it. Throwing Classic Sonic into Generations and Forces, sure... but greenlighting a classic themed cartoon. Forget about it, because:
1) Tyson + people in NEKO won´t be able to make animations in longevity needed for a cartoon episode.

2) Their ideas will quickly run out.

3) Sonic Mania is a one-off. Take it or not, until there is a sequel or a new classic title it´s a one-off, as well as the SM Adventures.

There is basically no evidence for the cartoon other than 10M views and that´s not exactly a lot. Plus take into account that it may be far less people who watched the episode. Maybe the same amount as those that bought Sonic Mania.

24 minutes ago, I Love Sticks said:

Sorry if I was too positive. I know it does not align with this forum sadly.

What the hell is with that low-key jab against the entire community?

This isn't about being began or positive. Mania Adventures was awesome. Pretty sure most people who've seen it and especially those on this board really enjoyed it. But it was a collection of short, unvoiced animations totalling about 10 minutes to promote a successful game. It was made by a tiny team on a shoestring budget. Nothing suggests an extension of the series in either web form, and expecting a TV series is even more outlandish. 

You're comparing recycling a few elements of well-received and arguably easily implemented elements of game design to making a TV show. The two have nothing to do with each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I said there is a lot of potential, and a lot of interest, obviously it'd cost money to make a new show so soon after Boom, which kind of has me doubting, but if SEGA sees the appeal, why not? It's far from confirmed, okay. But I believe it could work, I think that with the Sonic cast, even just the classic cast, endless stories can be written, so the quality shouldn't be a problem if in good hands, I mean Boom managed to create a consistent fun show for 2 seasons with very little resources and low budget, yeah I was annoyed by the same assets used for robots, if that was CGI, I don't see how making hand drawn animation is that complicated. It's probably easier to do. A dream of mine would be Netflix picking up the series, I know it'll never happen, we already hit the impossible with Paramount being interested in Sonic movies, so I doubt it'll happen again. One thing I hope is that CN is done with Sonic, I really hope so, I don't want to see the franchise on that network again.

The point is, it may seem like SEGA wants to turn Classic into a sub-franchise like they meant for Boom, the most perfect opportunity would be a cartoon.

1 hour ago, I Love Sticks said:

Production Manager for Mania Adventures posted this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpKPe-BcCM/?hl=en&taken-by=noodleofthedead

Interesting that she tags Sonic, Tails, Knuckles AND Amy. Not sure if that is worth reading something into. Who knows, at the risk of sounding extremely optimistic but could tie to Mania 2 or whatever the Mania sequel will be called. It's already been a year since the release of the original Mania and Mania was announced 14 months before release (thanks in part due to a delay but still), so who knows. If Sonic Mania Plus warrants a mini series, I'd think the sequel warrants it far more.

But whatever, meaningless speculation on an inconsequential Instagram post.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:56 AM, Marco9966 said:

I found a new EASTER EGG!! Remember the radar? Here's the same one from the Sonic Manga from 2003:

641aa61e5x7nW.jpg

Any Easter eggs to non-Japanese Sonic Media in the series? Or are they too scared of Penders & Fullop to do that? 

The comic's one looks like a reference to the Dragon Ball radar that Bulma carries (with an antenna instead of a button). 

• 3 months later...

I suspect this was the animation the producer was talking about... So Amy is in this one according to the deleted hashtag or we get a whole new Sonic cartoon like this! It's a win win situation for me.

• Thumbs Up 4