Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

Spoiler

Hang on..it just crossed my mind that Metal was once again taken out of commission  on Little Planet. How did he end up back down in Angel Island again?

12 minutes ago, Tenko said:
  Hide contents

Hang on..it just crossed my mind that Metal was once again taken out of commission  on Little Planet. How did he end up back down in Angel Island again?

Spoiler

He flew there I guess. I mean we saw him fly out into space without help before on Sonic 4. So we know it's pretty easy for him to get around.

Also I just realized, with this art style and Metal-Sonic being in it soon... This will likely be the closest thing we'll have to a official Sonic OVA sequel!

• Fist Bump 2

11 minutes ago, Tenko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Little Planet was chained down to Angel Island for the whole game. Between his defeat in Stardust Speedway - Which is about halfway into the game - And the ending, that's more than enough time to fly off the Little Planet before it disappears and get fixed up during the down-time between Forces and Adventures.

19 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

First episode out tomorrow! 

I forgot that tomorrow turned into "today"

Really took "classic" to the extreme with the old cartoons influence, loved it

Spoiler

But I can't believe it.. Eggman... Eggman is dead.. he won't be in Mania 2 now...

And, did Sonic have that Emerald with him the whole time?

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

But I can't believe it.. Eggman... Eggman is dead.. he won't be in Mania 2 now...

Spoiler

Which makes room for Eggette to replace him! jk

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

the trumpets that play when eggman laughs reminds me of the death sound in spinball (which is supposed to be robotnik laughing)

What more is there to say? I loved it. It reminded me of something like Animaniacs. But with more of a coolness that Sonic should have.

Eagerly anticipating more. It's off to a great start and it has soooo much potential.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man that was so good. If this had been the show that appeared in 2014, I wouldn't have left Sonic for 3 years. This is more of what Sonic is, rather than that shit show that is Sonic Boom IMO. I don't see how they can't extend the time on these either if they ever wanted to go all out. Tom and Jerry did it with neither of them talking. It's also so good not to hear Sonic talk. It means we cut out his bullshit of loving the smell of his own farts, and he cuts right to doing what he does.

Can't wait for the next episodes, and then to die of cuteness when Tails shows up....and hopefully makes that face he has in the character sheets because it's hilarious and icon worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watched it and was about on par with what I expected. It's a neat and well done little animation that continue's Hesse's great work with 2D Classic Sonic animation. It doesn't look to be trying to do too much in the way of an actual plot (along with the animation itself only clocking in at around 2 minutes) so I guess the lack of VA work and sole reliance on pantomiming will be enough to sustain it for now. I mean what, with four more to go we look to be getting around 10 minutes (and I'm being somewhat generous with the rounding up there) of actual animation so I can't really harp too much on a lack of substance beyond the pure frame by frame drawing work.

It's Classic Sonic through and through so, beyond talking about the stellar animation, all I can really add is a solid "eh" atm.

1 hour ago, Depression Kong said:
  Hide contents

Little Planet was chained down to Angel Island for most of the game up until the ending. That's more than enough time to fly off the Little Planet before it disappears and get fixed up during the down-time between Forces and Adventures.

Spoiler

There is no downtime between Forces and Adventures, the downtime is Forces.

1 minute ago, Razule said:
  Hide contents

There is no downtime between Forces and Adventures, the downtime is Forces.

basically 3 "short" days... between ending of Sonic Mania and SM Adventures

43 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

It means we cut out his bullshit of loving the smell of his own farts, and he cuts right to doing what he does.

...what are you talking about?

4 hours ago, Marcello said:
  Hide contents

I can't believe Sonic just murdered Eggman.

5 hours ago, Bobnik said:

Hide contents

1) I can't believe Eggman is fucking dead.

3 hours ago, Razule said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Guys, I'm like.... 99.99% sure Eggman isn't supposed to be actually dead.... bearing in mind the tone of this cartoon, this is supposed to be the equivalent of Wile E Coyote having the TNT he laid for roadrunner go off in his face. I mean, how many times has Eggman been at the epicentre of some huge explosion and got out merely dazed and singed?

• Thumbs Up 7

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

...what are you talking about?

Modern Sonic loves to talk a lot while not doing anything. He does his own little stand up routine rather than just immediately jumping head on into whatever he is doing. Usually he'll stand around and make a bunch of dumb jokes, and love the sound of his voice rather than just be quick witted. You will find no better example than Sonic in Sonic Colors.

• Thumbs Up 2

Petition to only call Classic Sonic "Sonic" and Modern Sonic "Modern Sonic". 

The original Sonikku is back now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Guys, I have been thinking. The sound of a racing car when Sonic speeds off in trailer, but it is not in the animation itself. Maybe it is Sonic´s car from Sonic Racing...

17 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Modern Sonic loves to talk a lot while not doing anything. He does his own little stand up routine rather than just immediately jumping head on into whatever he is doing. Usually he'll stand around and make a bunch of dumb jokes, and love the sound of his voice rather than just be quick witted. You will find no better example than Sonic in Sonic Colors.

Ahem...

I think you meant Generations.

3 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Ahem...

I think you meant Generations.

Nah I think the colors one is worse when he talks to a robot that can't talk back before fighting the boss, with the dumbass stretching "comedian" run....the epitome of loving the smell of your own farts too much.

Well I think it better highlights the difference between Modern and Classic. One sits on his hands and talks like he's a Dragon Ball character, the other charges in and gets things done.

4 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This was priceless. Love the expressiveness and the whole thing feels like a hybrid of AoSth and the OVA, with none of Sonic or Eggman's chemistry lost in the translation. It makes me wish the 3D games would practice more with vivid facial expressions.

After seeing this, the rest of the day I was imagining that very same thing with the 3D games. Sure made work go by a lot faster.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mania continues to be the glimmering hope of this franchise. What can I say, it was brilliant and expressive  and I can't wait to see more 

33 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Well I think it better highlights the difference between Modern and Classic. One sits on his hands and talks like he's a Dragon Ball character, the other charges in and gets things done.

Dragon Ball characters don't talk...they scream, grunt, and power up for half an episode because padding.

43 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Nah I think the colors one is worse when he talks to a robot that can't talk back before fighting the boss, with the dumbass stretching "comedian" run....the epitome of loving the smell of your own farts too much.

What in the hell does this even mean. Is Sonic...not supposed to stretch?

• Thumbs Up 3