Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

I'm forgetting how many episodes there are supposed to be of this. I'm kind of surprised the wait between episodes is this long. When did they start work on Mania Adventures? Shorts do take time to do and given the animation team also works for Cartoon Network I'm kind of wondering what the schedule here is. 

I'm guessing Friday.

I'm forgetting how many episodes there are supposed to be of this.

It's supposed to 5. However, I'm curious as to what they will reveal or if it will foreshadow things for the game.

I'm hoping it gets a Classic Universe themed show off the ground, especially with no news on Boom getting another season and some of its show runners leaving.

It's episodes are meant to lead up to the release of Mania Plus, so I would assume it will foreshadow things that will happen in the expansion as you surmised. It would be amazing if it left some threads of plot unanswered hinting at a sequel tho. They didn't mention Metal being in it at the panel, yet he is, so I wonder how many surprises there are in store for us!

• Chuckle 1

58 minutes ago, Razule said:

Maybe it's a very loose adaptation of what happens in Plus.

Actually that's a good point..or fills in things we may not see.

What if Metal at the end of the first episode is at the crash site of the Phantom Ruby after the events of Mania/Forces. Since we have the Famitsu pics that show a certain something is still around.

Tails has always been my favourite character, so I really look forward to this episode. He does look very cute.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

I feel lied to, they said one a month. Tomorrow is May 1st here. So that means there have been no episodes in April for me. Semantics I know.. but I'm running with it lol

The first episode was probably stronger on the whole, but it's still nice to see the characters being expressive and likeable.

Also, neat little Mania Plus teases in the credits (for anyone worried about spoilers it's literally just alternate level palettes).

• Thumbs Up 4

Nice episode. 

Tails is adorable. I like how he saves Sonic and they combine to do a kind of super-spindash (like in Sonic 4 Episode 2) to destroy Eggman's machine. 

I guess episode 3 will be "Sonic & Knuckles" heh.

Weird that they teased Metal Sonic at the end of episode 1 but he didn't appear in episode 2.

8 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Also, neat little Mania Plus teases in the credits (for anyone worried about spoilers it's literally just alternate level palettes).

Yeah, I noticed that. Interesting...

• Promotion 1

Part 2 was a bit underwhelming compared to part 1, but at least it didn't make me question anything in terms of continuity cough greenEmerald

I still liked it tho.

1 minute ago, TheOcelot said:

I don't think those are any of the final designs for Mania Plus. 

Yeeeeeeeah, I'd raher not go through that again.

5 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Weird that they teased Metal Sonic at the end of episode 1 but he didn't appear in episode 2.

Maybe he could be appearing in the last short.

5 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

Yeeeeeeeah, I'd raher not go through that again.

What I meant to say is some appear to be, but I don't think all of them are the alternative palettes for Encore mode. Anyway, that's a discussion for another topic.

Something I just thought of: could these shorts lead into Encore Mode's story? (Assuming there even is a different story there in the first place)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

I loved that, I really did. Just as enjoyable as Episode 1, and I just loved the bromance between Sonic and Tails. The end when they clinked Emeralds, I had just such a huge grin on my face. The team are doing a fantastic job on these shorts, can't wait to see what they are going to do with Knuckles in the next episode. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, first "animation" error...Eggman's hands were flesh colored on the inside view of his drill machine.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

...That episode was so boring. Nothing interesting happend. No funny moments. The only good thing was the animation and the AI Act 2 small remix in the beginning.

Also thanks for showing how Encore mode is a completely half-assed mode. It took 2 minutes to see that Stardust Speedway """changed""".

I'm so disappointed. And probably the only one to feel like that.

Welp, I have a shaky feeling Episode 3 will be Eggman tricking Knuckles into fighting Sonic again because well we've gotta hit those Sonic cliches. 

Yeah, really underwhelmed with this one. The animation was fantastic as always, but I found it odd that Tails was somewhat sidelined til Sonic went in and got his ass kicked alone. There isn't a lot of funny moments either outside of a few funny expressions and while the animation is glorious, I wish Tails for his introductory episode could've got something a lot more entertaining. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I liked that. Wasn´t really as strong as Ep.1, but as an added value we had Tails´ cuteness and the Rolling Combo.

Plus: I´ve waited a long time for this !

Plus Plus: I see an association between this Mania Adventures episode and IDW issue 1... which means Sonic Team is definitely building a game besides the Racing one. That´s literally kind of hype.

• Thumbs Up 1