Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

22 minutes ago, superman43 said:

Or they may be last scene. I don´t think it will be some epic finale, most probably just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Mighty and Ray coming to the place and some kind of situation á la sending Team Sonic to the future in ´06. Albeit... sending them down to the Angel Island with Phantom Ruby (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles) and encasing Mighty and Ray. And the last scene of Heavy Magician/Mystic grinning with Phantom Ruby (that she might/might not have stolen).

I expect the explanation for how the other Heavies were taken down to be in Mighty and Ray’s story during the main mode.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:29 AM, Miragnarok said:

I expect the explanation for how the other Heavies were taken down to be in Mighty and Ray’s story during the main mode.

I'm hoping that's the case, assuming they were all taken out in the explosion when Sonic destroyed the Psycho Egg or whatever that boss for Titantic Monarch Act 2 is called seems a bit lazy.

I'm not counting on it, but having more than just the missing transitions and the Metal Sonic fight altered for Plus to give it a more suitable resolution would be great. Considering Mania Adventures and all I'm crossing fingers we get a revised intro, or at least a new ending cinematic. It saddens me to think we may not get more animation after Adventures episode 5...So I'll take all I can get elsewhere. 

• Fist Bump 1

That final shot of Eggman was perfection! THAT'S the mad scientist I know and love!

I don't know about others, but for me Mighty's always come across as a discount-Knuckles. What else does he bring to the table besides being strong? I remember Archie making him being overprotective of Ray or something, but that's all I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyson posted a teaser of some art work for ep5:

Tyson said he'll post the full image when Ep5 releases.

However, the the full image has been leaked:

Spoiler

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Tyson posted a teaser of some art work for ep5:

Tyson said he'll post the full image when Ep5 releases.

However, the the full image has been leaked:

Hide contents

Oh boy...

Spoiler

Ray is ever cheerful! Also, nice nosejob there, MIghty. That's worth a thumbson, isn't?

Jesus Christ, this looks absolutely godlike. I love this. Goddamn it. Wish this was the cover of a new game. FFS. It's so good.

• Promotion 1

On June 27, 2018 at 2:29 AM, Austroid said:

That final shot of Eggman was perfection! THAT'S the mad scientist I know and love!

I don't know about others, but for me Mighty's always come across as a discount-Knuckles. What else does he bring to the table besides being strong? I remember Archie making him being overprotective of Ray or something, but that's all I've ever seen.

The same can also be said for Ray, who is essentially Tails. IMO neither of them really bring anything interesting, either as characters nor gameplay-wise.

• Thumbs Up 1

That holographic art print!! I must acquire one some how!! It is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm hoping Sega can get it up on the Sega Shop for the merch for Ep.5. Seriously!!

Who knows, maybe it´s more than just "some holographic art print". ;)  It is pretty dope, as was mentioned Ray... but I would say that particularly Sonic and Tails look very well. Excellent job.

It's kind of reminiscent of that old classic style poster with Metal, his eyes in the background. But it's also similar to the final scene from the intro to Mania but instead of the HBH with Eggman's face in the background it's got all the heroes and Metal's face in the background.

Now that just makes me sad that we won't be getting an updated intro. Aaron already covered that in the stream. Now if it was a poster for the announcement of a new Sonic Mania TV series with Adventures 5-parts being merged into one pilot...that would be something. Getting my hopes up, I know, I know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

There are 2 previews for Part 5 in the Official Livestream today.

tumblr_pbruuyris51rplhyso1_500.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Episode 5 releases the same day as Mania Plus!

I thought it was out already?

On 7/14/2018 at 3:06 AM, DabigRG said:

I thought it was out already?

I thought they would release it on Monday.

This game deliberately stealing the hype from Team Sonic Racing, and because it's classic sonic, Sega won't ever stop promoting this game even after a year when compared to forces.

Poor Shadow and other modern characters, they desperately needs a good game like mania to at least put his haters at bay with well executed gameplay like this game.

35 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

This game deliberately stealing the hype from Team Sonic Racing, and because it's classic sonic, Sega won't ever stop promoting this game even after a year when compared to forces.

Poor Shadow and other modern characters, they desperately needs a good game like mania to at least put his haters at bay with well executed gameplay like this game.

Holy Conspiracy Theory Batman!

They’re promoting a game that releases in 3 days more than a game that releases in... at least 3 months, given we don’t even have a release date yet. It’s still being promoted a year later because Plus is about to come out and it adds a fair amount of stuff.

Relax. Give it a month and the TSR marketing campaign’ll be into full swing.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

Well, that was anticlimactic.

Not as much action as the others, lame ending, none of it made me laugh.

Spoiler

DAT METAL SONIC BOSS REMIX

And LMAO at Knuckles swooping in at the last second punching Metal Sonic and taking the Master Emerald casually like nothing happened.

• Fist Bump 3

I think this might be the best Metal Sonic has ever been. Love how is animated and how much personality and menace he conveys without speaking.

It is a little anticlimatic, but then this is a free animated Youtube series, so I don't think you can really complain too much. I think the little character specific past 4 episodes hold up better, but still, Mania Adventures has been a very fun ride.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

That was pretty fun. The Big Arm remix was absolutely lovely, and I must echo the sentiment of Metal Sonic's expressiveness. It really goes to show how much a character's eyes and body language are important to portraying their discrete traits. 

I would definitely love to see more of these types of projects for future games. 

• Thumbs Up 2

A pretty good finale albeit not as grand as I hoped. I'm gonna miss looking forward to these Sonic Mania shorts. They felt more in line with Sonic than any other show.

- Love how Mighty and Ray just appeared while Sonic was in distress...just like that....Ray apparently too innocent to just jump right in the fray. Mighty going for the punch.

-The fight with everyone was fun too. Though I thought Metal would get more than just a Super Saiyan aura.

-Speaking of which you clearly hear the Super Saiyan aura sound effect. It's really there.

-Knuckles comes in and just ends it. Love how he doesn't interact with anyone and just leaves. He got his emerald, he's done.

-Tails my boi. The MVP and giving the middle finger to Sonic Forces. Pretty much ended up saving the day before Knuckles then saved the day too. I love how everyone in the comment section is just riffing on that XD.

-Ending with chili dogs...and Tails coughing...or choking...I have no idea what the joke is. Maybe it's like the japanese equivalent to the sneeze when someone talks bad about you? In this case being infinitely better than your modern counterpart. I read too much into this but fuck it...

Until Next Time Heroes......and yeah even after all this I still don't get the point of Mighty and Ray.

• Thumbs Up 1

Best from Part 5 was Tails. And with the most screentime. I wouldn´t say it was really anticlimatic, sure it was short, but I was satisfied with all of it. 

Getting inside, being like "frozen" (obviously nod to Press Garden), Death Egg final boss remix for hyped up Metal Sonic. Tails knowing again that Sonic is too much into action. Mighty and then all 4 beating up Metal Sonic, then vice versa. Tails as a hacker. Master Emerald (nod to Super Mecha Sonic), Knuckles just casually kicking the ass of both Metal and Eggman and just casually going away with the ME. And Tails choking at the end. 

• Thumbs Up 3