Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

6 hours ago, Tails spin said:

Because it releases later than the Mania DLC. 

Same thing happened last year to Forces.

Watch Mania DLC story being tied to the story of the Racing Game (for the sake of having Classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, Ray and Classic Eggman in the roster).

1 minute ago, superman43 said:

Watch Mania DLC story being tied to the story of the Racing Game (for the sake of having Classic Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, Ray and Classic Eggman in the roster).

If this happens I'm out of this fandom !!

scared-kid-holding-a-cross.jpg

(but I'll still read the comics)

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

If this happens I'm out of this fandom !!

scared-kid-holding-a-cross.jpg

(but I'll still read the comics)

Well, "Cheer up, Tails. I am sure we´ll run into him again." :D And Phantom Ruby is back sooo... 

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but something may be revealed this week? No proof but, usually they reveal stuff a couple of weeks before E3.

I think it's save to say that classic sonic will appear in the new racer..maybe even more classic characters. I'm curious about the tracks, I hope there are some sort of Sonic R throwbacks, maybe a remade track?

• Nice Smile 1

Honestly Sonic racers don't tend to be too story heavy, so if they had any classic characters I wouldn't necessarily be opposed. Classic Sonic's inclusion in Forces was as forced (pun intended) as it gets, but Racers typically have much less actual plot to them and are more about the razzle dazzle and unique character stats so...it's more of a novelty that way. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, as one of the many, many people who were annoyed at how Classic Sonic was shoehorned into Forces, I wouldn’t mind seeing him in this racing spin-off at all, assuming it’s not plot-heavy. I mean, if Mario Kart 8 can have four different variations of Mario all racing together at the same time, I don’t see how a spin-off racing game with two different versions of Sonic is the worst thing ever. With that being said, I think spin-offs should be the only exception to having both Modern and Classic Sonic together in the same game at this point.

• Thumbs Up 8

7 hours ago, mikeblastdude said:

Yeah, as one of the many, many people who were annoyed at how Classic Sonic was shoehorned into Forces, I wouldn’t mind seeing him in this racing spin-off at all, assuming it’s not plot-heavy. I mean, if Mario Kart 8 can have four different variations of Mario all racing together at the same time, I don’t see how a spin-off racing game with two different versions of Sonic is the worst thing ever. With that being said, I think spin-offs should be the only exception to having both Modern and Classic Sonic together in the same game at this point.

Then Classic Sonic should not be in the story mode, and only in the casual racing mode!

• Fist Bump 1

19 hours ago, FReaK said:

I think it's save to say that classic sonic will appear in the new racer..maybe even more classic characters. I'm curious about the tracks, I hope there are some sort of Sonic R throwbacks, maybe a remade track?

I think there could be close to plentiful, and at minimum, around a balanced amount that fans could possibly wish for, Sonic R inspiration!  I am not familiar with the Sonic & SEGA games but I have read here that Sumo included all kinds of references!  Theoretically this is planned to be the definitive Sonic racing game,  comprehensive enough to not need a sequel, and it may perhaps expand from time to time via some DLC options! 

1 hour ago, BlueFlare said:

Then which Sonic is in Sonic R, classic or poly?

...a polygonal Classic Sonic 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 2
  • Chuckle 2

Not to say that it's impossible or even unlikely...but you guys say that with a lot of certainty that there will even be a dedicated story mode.
Not that it's not certainly a possibility, but you can't be sure yet considering nothing about the game's really come to light.

Also as far as racers with plots...? They're so meager and branching from their main series counterparts usually anyway that honestly, Classic Sonic being part of a potential story mode doesn't really bother me. Another mainline title? Please stop shoving him in. But a spinoff racer...? Who really cares, at that point, y'know?

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, SilentlyVocal said:

Not to say that it's impossible or even unlikely...but you guys say that with a lot of certainty that there will even be a dedicated story mode.a
Not that it's not certainly a possibility, but you can't be sure yet considering nothing about the game's really come to light.

Also as far as racers with plots...? They're so meager and branching from their main series counterparts usually anyway that honestly, Classic Sonic being part of a potential story mode doesn't really bother me. Another mainline title? Please stop shoving him in. But a spinoff racer...? Who really cares, at that point, y'know?

Sonic Riders and Riders Zero Graivity's stories were actually very good sotires. Only Free Riders had a bad story where everyone is a jerk.

I don't get why you guys are not bothered by classic Sonic. We are basically dividing the main hero into 2.

Let's get a movie with 2 Iron Mans, or 2 Spider-mans, or a Breaking Bad with 2 Walter Whites, or a Game of Thrones with 2 Khaleesii.

Heck imagine if Sonic Adventure 2 had Classic Sonic, wouldn't that be really fucking shitty???

Comic book heroes are a pretty bad example considering there can be multiple characters with the same moniker. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

4 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Comic book heroes are a pretty bad example considering there can be multiple characters with the same moniker. 

Same moniker but not same person.

So what would you like to see for alternate routes in the game? Something like Riders maybe, you can take different paths depending on your type (Speed, Flight, Power) maybe that transforms your vehicle as well, or something like R, where you need a certain amount of rings to open portals, that would be pretty good as well.

If there was a story mode, I wouldn't mind if it was divided into teams again, as long as there are interactions outside of them. Free Riders' issues weren't so much the teams, more like shitty characterization and lack of... trying and any kind of stakes.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Maniac said:

So what would you like to see for alternate routes in the game? Something like Riders maybe, you can take different paths depending on your type (Speed, Flight, Power) maybe that transforms your vehicle as well,

I'd love that!

The Babylon Rogues must be in this game since it's a racing game.

No need to explain why they give up Extreme Gears either. (Remember what happened to us when we asked for explanations about where the humans are?) (or SEGA's attempt to explain Classic Sonic from another dimension)

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

The Babylon Rogues must be in this game since it's a racing game.

Didn't Wave have a model in Transformed? I swear I saw something about that...It was a picture of her model next to Nights', and it surprised me a lot that she might have been a scrapped newcomer for the game, especially after the first ASR scrapped Rouge, Espio, Vector, Blaze and Silver. However I never really looked deeper into how legit that picture was, so take it with a grain of salt.

I keep wondering if this game might be an on-foot racer after all. Mike Pollock referred to the teaser as "Red Herring: The game", so I could see Sonic jumping out of the car in the full trailer. I'd have mixed feelings about it, but I could definitely see it happening. Only thing is there are upcoming Racing figures...

It is even possible that Gears may be in this game!

Multiple modes (an example being: one for cars, one for Gears, one for feet) with distinct, but perhaps related, tracks, would have at least been one option that was available during development.  Some characters might be mode exclusive and others could be in multiple ones. 

10 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Sonic Riders and Riders Zero Graivity's stories were actually very good sotires. Only Free Riders had a bad story where everyone is a jerk.

I don't get why you guys are not bothered by classic Sonic. We are basically dividing the main hero into 2.

Let's get a movie with 2 Iron Mans, or 2 Spider-mans, or a Breaking Bad with 2 Walter Whites, or a Game of Thrones with 2 Khaleesii.

Heck imagine if Sonic Adventure 2 had Classic Sonic, wouldn't that be really fucking shitty???

Except I'm not talking about main title games, a Racer is a spin-off at most
Mario Kart games have had Mario and Baby Mario, for example. I just don't think in a spin-off title, in a genre that historically boasts on big character rosters of characters people love from that particular property, that having Classic Sonic in it would be that big of a deal. In another main title? I don't think they should keep putting him in. Generations and Forces was more than enough. But in a Racer? I just don't see the big issue. What's to be bothered about? 

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, SilentlyVocal said:

Except I'm not talking about main title games, a Racer is a spin-off at most
Mario Kart games have had Mario and Baby Mario, for example. I just don't think in a spin-off title, in a genre that historically boasts on big character rosters of characters people love from that particular property, that having Classic Sonic in it would be that big of a deal. In another main title? I don't think they should keep putting him in. Generations and Forces was more than enough. But in a Racer? I just don't see the big issue. What's to be bothered about? 

Then don't include him in the story, just include him in the casual race

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Then don't include him in the story, just include him in the casual race

Like I said, that's assuming the game even has a story mode to begin with.
Sure, the Riders games did - but R didn't, neither did All-Stars Racing Transformed for that matter. And most popular group centric mascot racers of the current era (looking at you, Mario Kart 142) don't either. Not to say it's out of the question, but it's not a guarantee.

Plus even when racers in most franchises do have stories, they don't usually try to tie themselves very heavily to the main canon as much as they just try to be goofy racing sidestories. The Riders games in Sonic are by no means the norm, they're quite the rare exception, next to similar ideas like CTR/Nitro Kart.

• Thumbs Up 4

It would be a lost opportunity if we don't see at least fun interaction or competitivity between the characters, or to see who organized the race to what goal (example a scheme by Eggman).

Free Riders had that but these were non-cutscenes.