Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

26 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

SEGA really likes to use their new characters, or recently introduced/used (see Mario & Sonic Rio), so you should definitely expect Sticks, Classic Sonic, Zavok, Zazz, Infinite, and even Mighty and Ray, and I say Nack too because he was heavily requested for ASRT, appeared in Mania recently and was part of Sonic Drift 2, I'm expecting nods to that game too.

Perhaps Tangle to bump the IDW comic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty damn sure Sticks will be sticking around after the last M&S game. Infinite and Classic Sonic for sure too.

Shoot they can put Sticks in the main games and I wouldn't complain.

Not so sure for characters like Marine, Gmerl and the remaining Classic characters.

1 hour ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Not so sure for characters like Marine, Gmerl and the remaining Classic characters.

The classic characters are in Mania and probably future classic games. But who are those others? (SEGA asks) I mean, characters who appeared in some obscure portable game over 10 years ago and never appeared again, I know they have fans but Sega thinks they are irrelevant, and it's objectively true. Same for Vanilla, they can appear in the comics, I'm pretty sure they will, but otherwise they are forgotten one-offs.

You guys know I'm a Sticks fan and I want her to stay, so I'm biased, plus I think she is fairly popular, but yeah she has more chances to be in more games than other characters.

Can't wait to see Infinite in a car driving around
"I'm not slow! I'm NOT slow! I'M NOT SLOW!!!! RAAAAAAAGHHH"

• Chuckle 8
  • Way Past Cool 1

Hahaha oh my gawd yes, everytime someone passes him. They should embrace the ridiculousness of his character, since the "edge" part felt extremelly short. I almost forgot that's the reason Infinite is angry lol 

I think even Jet had better character, and his reasons were basically the same as Infinite (slower than Sonic).

42 minutes ago, Jango said:

Hahaha oh my gawd yes, everytime someone passes him. They should embrace the ridiculousness of his character, since the "edge" part felt extremelly short. I almost forgot that's the reason Infinite is angry lol 

I think even Jet had better character, and his reasons were basically the same as Infinite (slower than Sonic).

What if Shadow over takes him? Edgy Showdown!!!

14 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

So, I haven't really seen people talking about the timer on the top left corner. Apparently those clip cuts are out of order. I'm probably going into "conspiracy theory" type of crap with this and maybe it's already been discussed, but I just want to see your thoughts on this (I didn't actually look there before someone else noticed that, so it's not necessarily my own speculation).

So the trailer starts with the headlight turned off. It shows that it's the 4th second of the camera's footage that goes to the 5th second before fading:

Hide contents

img_1_1.thumb.PNG.e22a5ded269efcb056ef19b768ee6d58.PNG

Then it goes to the second part where the backlight is being shown, and it shows...the first second?:

Hide contents

img_2_1.thumb.PNG.74d232cf061001749c5dad07d0dc9511.PNG

After another cut comes the third part, and that shows it's the 9th second of the footage (that goes to the 10th second literally before fading:

Hide contents

img_3.thumb.PNG.9b29d113b10995e1adeebdcfb450fa7c.PNG

While it might not mean much, when you right the seconds in a row, it goes 4-1-9. The first thing that came to mind was 4/19, which is either April 19th, or April 2019. Again, just a speculation, but maybe we're getting more info on April 19th? It also coincides with a stream date and (at least from what I can remember) many announcements or showcases were on Thursdays. Or maybe all this is just a red herring and this was added just for a cool effect. It's just weird how they've shown 4th second, then the 1st second, and then later the 9th second.

Very interesting , I hadn't noticed that at all and I've watched that vid quite a few times now. April 19th could mean something if its a stream date which leads me to think this: 

Thursday is the 22nd of March and thats the date that the guy in the Racing helmet and leather jacket says he's going to shut it all down on the Sonic livestreams. I've always thought that this japanese guy has had something to do with this racer. Anyway, if he shuts the stream down on Thursday and official streams are every two weeks then the next stream would coincide with Easter week which would probably mean they'll take a break like they did at Christmas and then the return stream would be April 19th. You may very well have stumbled upon something here dude.

I'd normally say it's just insane conspiracy... But you never know with these guys, so... It might be right. April 19th. Some people are saying we're getting "news" March 22nd... Let's wait and see. Prease, be excited.

1 minute ago, Jango said:

I'd normally say it's just insane conspiracy... But you never know with these guys, so... It might be right. April 19th. Some people are saying we're getting "news" March 22nd... Let's wait and see. Prease, be excited.

I agree , I'd put nothing like this past Aaron Webber. I mean just look at trouble he went to with those numbers for the Sonic 25th anniversary party clues. Mental.

Well, you know what they say, Jango...

the more the merrier LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT MORE CLUES!

If the Chaotix put a royalty on that phrase, they'd never have to live in poverty again. 

My priority right now is the stream 48 hours from now. One because it's so close, and two because Mystery Man's attire is so fitting for racing.

• Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Was this before the the SXSW event?

Yes. And before latest Nintendo Direct.

3 minutes ago, Mefiresu said:

Full game title be - Sonic Racing Infinity

Nintendo Switch data mine (Reddit) https://www.reddit.com/user/anonymousdataminer

Hmm. My guess for the racing game has been "Super Sonic Racing" since it leaked.

The least believable is Sonic Heroes HD, but (sadly for me because the game was dull IMO) I can see at least why SEGA might be interested in revisiting and Modernizing that game. Modern fans won't shut up about multiple playable characters; the game's design would be cohesive with the Modern hedgehog engine, especially with the high speed corridor like gameplay with occasional stops to kill enemies. Ugh, I hope it doesn't turn out to be true and I'm definitely skeptical of its legitimacy...but all the other titular concepts seem like no brainers.

1 minute ago, Mefiresu said:

Yes. And before latest Nintendo Direct.

Still, Project Plus and Racing game rumors were still going at that time.

Is easy to make a fake leak about Sonic Mania Plus (the name is way too simple) and add Infinity to Sonic Racing. Not just that but we know that the Racing game's name ends with Racing.

• Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Mefiresu said:

Full game title be - Sonic Racing Infinity

Nintendo Switch data mine (Reddit) https://www.reddit.com/user/anonymousdataminer

These are literally all fake. Sonic Mania Plus was easy to piece together, but Mario and Sonic together in an actual non-sports crossover game? Sonic Heroes HD? Sonic Racing Infinity (which Henry already noted that the title ends in "Racing"), and STH: Movie: Hydro Atrocity? I looked into those "leaked games" on reddit. The guy has no proof these are in the switch's database, and most of the ones he "predicted" are either already confirmed, or are easy to guess (like Incredibles 2 and Shovel Knight 2). Although I have to say, Mario Kart 9 got a laugh out of me. I'll keep my eye out for that.

• Thumbs Up 4

So, tomorrow we're having more info on this game?

I'm not much of a racing game fan, unless it's Sonic, and even then... My favorite is still R, which is why I'm so excited to see how this game will relate to it!
Crossing my fingers for on foot racing. 

Characters I'd like to see:

Classic era:
-Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Fang, Mighty, Ray, Bark, Bean, Honey, Heavy Rider, Chaotix (running tethered together via magnetic rings)

Modern era:
-Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Shadow, Rouge, Jet, Blaze, Silver, Blaze, Emerl, Chaos, Chaotix (running together Heroes style).

Boom: 
-Sticks

AoSth:
-Scratch and Grounder (together riding a tank perhaps).

TRACKS:
Studiopolis
Chemical Plant
Press Garden

(Past stages)
Rainy Savannah (from Sonic Drift 2)
Radical City (Sonic R)
Babylon Garden (Sonic Riders)
Death Egg (S&SASR)

Just off the top of my head.

I don't get the appeal for an on foot racing game at the moment. Sumo Digital's kart racing games worked so great in the past. Just stick to it.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

8 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I don't get the appeal for an on foot racing game at the moment. Sumo Digital's kart racing games worked so great in the past. Just stick to it.

You don’t get the appeal for a racing game for a series where every character can move at crazy speeds? Like, not even a little? You don’t think it’s even worth a shot?

Sonic R while not the greatest game, had really neat ideas and I’d kill for a new on foot Sonic racer.

3 minutes ago, Strong Guy said:

You don’t get the appeal for a racing game for a series where every character can move at crazy speeds? Like, not even a little? You don’t think it’s even worth a shot?

Sonic R while not the greatest game, had really neat ideas and I’d kill for a new on foot Sonic racer.

Only if I see a great trailer or gamplay footage of that theoretical game. Until then I stick to a well made kart racer.

• Thumbs Up 1

A racing/platformer game? Seems pretty dang awesome to me than just another Kart racer. While I do give credit to SUMO for making an awesome concept out of Land/Sea/Air variety, I think the racing genre is where Sonic truly innovates. And with all of the changnes the series has gone through, I think they could make a PROPER Sonic R with today's resources.

Seriously, Sonic Drift, Drift 2, SASASR, SAASRT are 4 game on cars. Riders are 3 games on hoverboards Extreme Gear. Yet only 1 on foot racer for a franchise that consists of speedy antropomorphic animals? Without the weight of slow SEGA characters holding it back, I don't see why they should waste this opportunity.

They could control like cars, but be on foot, and have the ability to jump (and an air ability). Some characters are bound to be on vehicles (Eggman) which should give them some advantages and disadvantages that come with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Rock-DJ said:

Yet only 1 on foot racer for a franchise that consists of speedy antropomorphic animals? Without the weight of slow SEGA characters holding it back, I don't see why they should waste this opportunity

To be fair we've had 5 on-foot racing games (at least in recent time, adding Sonic Dash, Dash 2, Runners and Speed Battle).

It would be cool though if there was a sandbox-style racing game like R again. I loved some of the stages and the alternate routes.

Er.. going by the most recent games, only Sonic himself and Shadow could compete with each other. Knuckles, Tails, Amy, all the rest of the cast can't run nearly as fast. Unless it's their classic versions (or Knuckles in SA2, I swear he's faster than Sonic in that game) :P

So what's the point of having only 2 or so characters racing on foot and all the rest in vehicles?? Do you expect Sonic to "take in easy" on everyone? Haha

• Thumbs Up 1