Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

And just to note, CNK, the game that has its own team mechanic, used the same plot. Heck, that Donpa fellow on the cover might as well be our Velo for this go around if it lines up. Would explain why the cars have been provided by Donpa Motors too. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

I hope they have real cutscenes like Riders 1 and not photos like Free Riders.

I hope the cutscenes are as expressive as Riders 1 and not like Sonic Forces/Lost World/Generations/Colours.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

8 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

I hope the cutscenes are as expressive as Riders 1 and not like Sonic Forces/Lost World/Generations/Colours.

Lazy, unimpressive, stilted animation and expressions is the way of 3D Modern Sonic for now and forever.

Amy's supposed to look sad? Oh, just make the top part of her eye-lids close half way. There. Now she looks sad.

• Chuckle 3
  • My Emmerdoods 3
  • Absolutely 2

The eye's aren't exactly a good example, after Adventure 2, characters' eyes literally never change outside of the eyelids. Even in Riders.

Like when Amy gets mad at Wave for dissing Tails, her eye's don't change at all. Her eyelids lower slightly and curve around the middle...which honestly looks really weird.

image.png.0c347a7f2e49d35a51398e3d46bf8be0.png

3 hours ago, StaticMania said:

The eye's aren't exactly a good example, after Adventure 2, characters' eyes literally never change outside of the eyelids. Even in Riders.

Like when Amy gets mad at Wave for dissing Tails, her eye's don't change at all. Her eyelids lower slightly and curve around the middle...which honestly looks really weird.

I'm really not sure how that means it's not a good example. At best it just means it's been a reoccurring problem. A lot of the earlier games get a bit of leeway from me and Riders still tries to do more with their eyes then just moving their eyelids down slightly. The crazy eye spin Knuckles did and the anime sparkling eyes Amy had are neat little tricks that you don't really see happen anymore. Not just that but typically when a character has an emotion, it should be recognizable in the entirety of their face. That's usually what the benefit of animation is supposed to afford you. That's the advantage being a cartoon is supposed to have. 

The fact that I notice the only literal change in her face was basically akin to coloring in the top half of her eyelids in Forces pink is a bad thing. I can see more going on with her face in that Riders pic and it looks fine to me. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

It's not just a recurring problem. it's a smelly problem. Sonic Riders was just lucky. Plus the muzzles are used more than the eyes anyway.

I only said it looks weird, because I'm focusing on the lids directly.

• 2 weeks later...

So we can look forward to some more news soon, as the new teams [or team, as I suspect Rose would be one] would have to be revealed prior to the demo going live.

Hopefully we get a new track in with that news.

Interesting to point out that Ice Mountain is just the name of the single track (like Wisp Circuit) not the full zone, which has multiple tracks. Also Aaron said to expect news this week, so there is that...

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Ice mountain is actually Ice mountain zone (From Sonic advance 1) or just Generic the Name that happens to coincide with an older level, like Metropolis and mystical jungle in Sonic forces.

If it is, then wow, after 7 years of references to older games we finally get our first Sonic advance homage, other then music.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

I wonder if Ice mountain is actually Ice mountain zone (From Sonic advance 1) or just Generic the Name that happens to coincide with an older level, like Metropolis and mystical jungle in Sonic forces.

If it is, then wow, after 7 years of references to older games we finally get our first Sonic advance homage, other then music.

At the very least they’ll joke about it. 

Man, first Vector's dragged into Team Rose for Free Riders, and now he's tagging along with Silver and Blaze?

...Well, whatever pays the bills, I guess...

• Chuckle 3

Vector confirmed as the Sonic series bicycle, everyone has had a go at having him in their team.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 5

So we got Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Chao, Silver, Blaze, Vector, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Dr. Eggman, Egg Robo, and most likely Metal Sonic is still left to reveal.

Poor Vector, they really don't know what to do with him. It would've been nice to see Marine after 11 years, or even Sticks, but I guess it's easier to put in Vector cause his 3D model is already there lol.

Welp, that's our roster.

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

So we got Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Chao, Silver, Blaze, Vector, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Dr. Eggman, Egg Robo, and most likely Metal Sonic is still left to reveal.

Poor Vector, they really don't know what to do with him. It would've been nice to see Marine after 11 years, or even Sticks, but I guess it's easier to put in Vector cause his 3D is already there lol.

Welp, that's our roster.

SEGA really likes to destroy their lore.

And I thought it looked weird when I saw a preview yesterday that mentioned "Team Sonic, Dark, Rose and unnamed". I thought they meant unrevealed, but this is literally Team WHAT-IS-THIS.

No way these characters could even come close to the Chaotix's dynamic, they don't even have any reason for teaming up. This destroys any chance of an extra team as well, Espio, Charmy and also Cream have literally zero chances now.

I'm happy my boy is in and I'm happy for Silver/Blaze fans, but this could have been handled better.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Can't believe that Espio and Charmy fired Vector

Also why are Silver and Blaze together? They've never had any interaction with each other, ever. Never thought I'd ever see these two in the same picture tbh

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

Just now, LukA8 said:

And I thought it looked weird when I saw a preview yesterday that mentioned "Team Sonic, Dark, Rose and unnamed". I thought they meant unrevealed, but this is literally Team WHAT-IS-THIS.

No way these characters could even come close to the Chaotix's dynamic, they don't even have any reason for teaming up. This destroys any chance of an extra team as well, Espio, Charmy and also Cream have literally zero chances now.

I'm happy my boy is in and I'm happy for Silver/Blaze fans, but this could have been handled better.

Especially since Vector never met either of them before!!

Espio at least was Silver's teammate in Sonic Rivals 2.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Also why are Silver and Blaze together? They've never had any interaction with each other, ever. Never thought I'd ever see these two in the same picture tbh

They did have an interaction in Sonic Colors DS and possibly Sonic Generations.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

There's been a couple of times when Sega have tried to have them interact with each other, like the DS version of Sonic Colours. Dunno why they keep doing it, though.

Oh sorry I think I mentally blocked out Sonic Colors DS and officially disowned it as a potential part of the Rush series the immediate moment I saw Blaze as a minor NPC

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Espio at least was Silver's teammate in Sonic Rivals 2.

Hence I thought at least Espio would make it in. Now we can't even call this Team Chaotish!