Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

I think they’re just announcing the characters not not as a team though?

Did they announce the last lot of characters as a team? If they did then I can understand why anyone would think this.

But surly Team Chaotix HAS to be a Team right? 

Just now, Eurisko said:

I think they’re just announcing the characters not not as a team though?

Did they announce the last lot of characters as a team? If they did then I can understand why anyone would think this.

The last characters revealed were Amy, Big and the Chao. AKA this game's official Team Rose.

This is Team Alexa Play Despacito 2.

Silver has a ruined future forever, Blaze is trapped in another dimension and Vector lost his friends.

• Chuckle 1

Just now, DiamondX said:

This is Team Alexa Play Despacito 2.

Silver has a ruined future firever, Blaze is trapped in another dimension and Vector lost his friends.

Team what the hell happened to us

6 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

It’s Team Vector.

🤦

🤦

🤦

It took them 1 second to come up with a name for team. The most unconnected team ever.

Vector never met either of them!

But I'm still interested to see how they gonna make them interact with each other.

My headcanon is that Silver and Blaze missed one member from their team and they encountered Vector.

He would join, with one condition:

Team Vector.

"Sonic, I want ya to meet my racing partners: New-Espio and New-Charmy!"

"But... my name's Silv--"

"Look, pal. You can fly, right?"

"Well, kind of. But--"

"Then you're New-Charmy. Now get in the car!"

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

I can see them explaining this away fairly easily 

Vector gets transported to this world that they supposedly get transported to, minus the Chaotix

He assumes there’s a cash prize involved so he drags together the first two people he sees in a desperation move, declares them a team under the mighty banner of himself, and sets out to win

sorted lads.

*shrugs* Makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

I don't even hate this. I actually kind of love it.

Time will tell if nixing Espio and Charmy is actually a good decision (especially considering that Espio and Silver made a good team in Rivals 2), but I'm interested to see how this dynamic works. It's super weird though. I wonder why they've chosen to omit three characters from two previously established teams

• Thumbs Up 1

I would have called it Team Chaotic.

As in, chaotically thrown together.
Myeah, figured with only 15 characters, one team would have been random fan favorites crammed together.
Good to see Vector shares Amy and Sonic's narcasism of naming the team after his own.

Next time there's teams, I want Sonic, Amy and Vector to be in one team.
If only so we can watch them battle each other to the death over which name will be the team moniker.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 3
  • Fist Bump 2

Just now, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Next time there's teams, I want Sonic, Amy and Vector to be in one team.
If only so we can watch them battle each other to the death over which name will be the team moniker.

This would be gold!!

42 minutes ago, Sean said:

Can't believe that Espio and Charmy fired Vector

Also why are Silver and Blaze together? They've never had any interaction with each other, ever. Never thought I'd ever see these two in the same picture tbh

Lolwut? Technically they've never had any interaction with each other outside of Sonic '06, but they're still basically ALWAYS paired together in spinoffs, like in the Riders games where they're always the "bonus" characters. Even if they don't interact, the two often come together or are situated next to each other on the roster, probably as a nod back to Sonic '06.

In any case, haphazardly throwing Blaze and Silver alongside Vector really isn't too shocking. Vector is the "go-to" member of the Chaotix and when they don't have room for all three of them, they'll just throw him in with whoever else. Blaze and Silver are far more popular characters, and as Vector is the go-to member of the Chaotix (despite Espio being more popular I think), they put him in rather than Espio (except in Rivals 2 where Espio fit the game better).

EDIT: In Generations as well, Blaze is the character representing Crisis City and Silver is the boss. In the final boss cutscene, like Shadow and Rouge showing up together, Silver and Blaze also show up together. This has basically always been their thing when the two appear in the same game since Sonic '06.

• Thumbs Up 2

Silver and Blaze make perfect sense, their friendship in Sonic 06 was the focal point of Silver's story. And while the events of 06 are erased, that's still the most significant relationship Silver's had from a player perspective, it makes sense that they would retain it in a non-canon fun karting game.

And while I have very low expectations for the game, I appreciate them doing weird things like this. Team Chaotix would have been too obvious, which is one of the reasons I liked them swapping Cream for the Chao. I want to be surprised honestly.

Who's next? Eggman, Metal Sonic and Infinite?

Just now, Plasme said:

Silver and Blaze make perfect sense, their friendship in Sonic 06 was the focal point of Silver's story. And while the events of 06 are erased, that's still the most significant relationship Silver's had from a player perspective, it makes sense that they would retain it in a non-canon fun karting game.

And while I have very low expectations for the game, I appreciate them doing weird things like this. Team Chaotix would have been too obvious, which is one of the reasons I liked them swapping Cream for the Chao. I want to be surprised honestly.

Yeah kinda expecting that now. It makes the most sense for Team Eggman to be the fifth team, and is unlockable.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Plasme said:

It's canon!!

10 minutes ago, Plasme said:

While I do see where you're coming, I'm still not sure. I really wanted to see Cream actually be relevant in a main series game again, so seeing her replaced by Chao almost feels like a slap in the face. 

It took all my energy not to laugh on calls at work. This is exactly the same thing that happened to Dingodile when he got shoved into team Trance with Pura and Polar. 

If it cuts any more from that Espio at the very least will appear in some form. 

I mean I have another reason but I'm not going there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hid some posts since I don't want any needless conflict coming out of what I said. guys pls, it is joke

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Team "whatever are Espio and Charmy"? xD

Surely they will be in a team with Heavy and Bomb, amirite guys? Guys?

Just show more levels.. please?

Also, don't you guys wish the characters models were posing differently? Because Blaze is just standing like one of her many generic artworks and Silver is like he's ready to fight... This is a race, man. I like Vector in this tho', he does look confused and a bit out-of-place.

Silver over Espio? Blech. They should've kept the Chaotix together. Silver and Blaze should've teamed up with Marine.

16 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

While I do see where you're coming, I'm still not sure. I really wanted to see Cream actually be relevant in a main series game again, so seeing her replaced by Chao almost feels like a slap in the face. 

This is is a spin-off, not a main series game.