Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

Just now, Operationgamer17 said:

This is is a spin-off, not a main series game.

The main game series Sonic Forces left her out.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hid some posts since I don't want any needless conflict coming out of what I said. guys pls, it is joke

lol okay

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Alright, that's a pretty odd choice for a team, but it's a bit more interesting than just using the same crusty old teams they've been using since Heroes. Kinda wish they went further, even, and broke up teams Sonic and Dark...if they're gonna have teamwork as a theme, it'd be more interesting if the characters had to learn to work with people they weren't already used to teaming up with. Actually have the characters struggle and grow and change a bit instead of just already having the real superpower of teamwork.

This would be interesting, and already I'm disappointed that this isn't the case. Maybe partnerships instead of three-man teams, and seeing some opposing pairings would have been great fun like in Rivals 2. Knuckles and Rouge are always a fun pair because they have the same end-goal for wildly different reasons, or Shadow and Silver for their opposing methods. There would have been a lot of potential here. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Actually, you know what, I would not be surprised if this was like Sonic Rivals 2 and the rest of the Chaotix still talk to Vector in story mode. 

Well, its unexpected. Guess Vector is the breadwinner while Espio takes care of the house and kid.

16 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Alright, that's a pretty odd choice for a team, but it's a bit more interesting than just using the same crusty old teams they've been using since Heroes. Kinda wish they went further, even, and broke up teams Sonic and Dark...if they're gonna have teamwork as a theme, it'd be more interesting if the characters had to learn to work with people they weren't already used to teaming up with. Actually have the characters struggle and grow and change a bit instead of just already having the real superpower of teamwork.

That sounds good actually, but I figured they wouldn't touch the "iconic" teams.

On a game level, the fact this basically confirms we aren't getting the rest of the secondary cast is disappointing and the roster remains my biggest problem with the game, as it was with Transformed.

On a narrative level though, this sounds really interesting. These three have almost never interacted in the games (or other media for that matter) which could lead to some truly unique moments that defines character relationships previously only speculated at. The story mode really saves this team. Probably.

Yeah, my guess is the last team is Eggman, Egg Pawn, and Metal Sonic. If we get dlc who knows, but I don't expect anyone else in the base game now.

Everyone had an inkling this might happen, but it's still a bizarrely unco-ordinated sight to see them actually try to sell us on "Team Vector".  The whole Team angle is becoming increasingly flimsy; you can certainly argue that there are storytelling grounds a decent writer could use to make unconventional team-ups more interesting, and I agree - but it's blatantly obvious that that wasn't involved in the decision-making process at all here, this is obviously just a grab-bag of whoever was left when they realised they didn't have the budget for six teams.  I suppose this would also be the only team fronted by a character other than the Speed-type, at least until Team Eggman comes along.  What a bizarre game.  At least now we have proof that they won't let logic get in the way of their crowbarred-in gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 2

Judging by the weirdness of the teams so far, I'm gonna guess that the Eggman team is gonna be uhhh Eggman, Chaos, and a Shadow android

I'm not even mad about this, any criticism that i could have about this decision disappeared once i saw Blaze there.

1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

Just announced via Sonic twitter.

6C33058B-2255-4668-B2B8-A0ACD1773574.jpeg

Finally Silver and Blaze are in a Sonic Racing game outside of Riders. I see they have a Tron-ish style to Silver's car.. I do like Blaze's car, but it's harder to see.

Anyways I wasn't expecting this combination. With Vector on the same Team as Silver and Blaze is kind of odd. Actually now that I think about it, are they trying to separate Team Chaotix. Because we only had Vector appear in Sonic Boom and Not Espio and Charmy, same would be happening with this game apparently.

Which if that was the case, I don't know why they would. Espio in my opinion is the best of the 3, while Charmy was kind of annoying. Vector is likable and funny sure, but leaving Espio out just doesn't feel right.

I'm still low-key wishing for the final team to be Metal Sonic, Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll to at least somehow justify the Sonic R callback, although we all know that's not going to happen. I'm more realistically expecting to see Eggman, Metal Sonic and possibly the new character host guy from the boxart.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Why is sega trying to act like the chaotix aren't a thing?

They're not. This is the first time in 8 years they've been separated, and they've had numerous appearances as a team in that time (including just last year). 

Unusual character match-ups can be fun and help us see different sides of a character. Silver and Espio was fine from what I've seen of Rivals, and so was Sonic and Vector in Sonic Boom. HOWEVER - Sonic Free Riders' Team Rose portrayal is still giving me nightmares just thinking of it. Furthermore, most new dynamics developed in such games are always dropped immediately afterwards. Silver doesn't even look at Espio anymore, Amy and Vector are all friendly with each other (why not give them an awkward winning animation in Mario&Sonic, for example?) and I bet Vector will never interact with those two again after this game unless they don't have the budget/will to include Espio and Charmy in sequels.

Heck, why not go all out on it and mix up at least Team Dark as well? According to the story they've all been kidnapped to another world, but they are all free to choose their team mates? Why not give us Sonic, Silver and Omega? Amy, Rouge and Knuckles? Go some more Dingodile and make Team Vector brainwashed oppponents. At least that would make it more interesting than them being the ones left.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They're not. This is the first time in 8 years they've been separated, and they've had numerous appearances as a team in that time (including just last year). 

They were separated in Free Riders.

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well I'm aware that they were together in Forces, but I'm just saying this is the 2nd time it's happened since Sonic Boom season 2. Of course that's Not main series, but still.

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

They were separated in Free Riders.

... Which was 8 years ago, as I said. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Well I'm aware that they were together in Forces, but I'm just saying this is the 2nd time it's happened since Sonic Boom season 2. Of course that's Not main series, but still.

That not separating so much as Boom introducing elements from the main series gradually. For all we know if a third season was made the Chaotix could have been formed in an episode there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

...just using the same crusty old teams they've been using since Heroes.

But...the Chaotix was the only actual team. Why does he need to get the swinging ball?

I FUCKING CALLED IT. I knew they'd pull this move to cram the most important characters (which still doesn't explain the Chao and Big). Seriously it's like I felt it. Plus I was feeling it would be today. I don't know how I feel about this, I'm  happy for Silver and Blaze but honestly the Chaotix dynamic is very important in the series and very fun, it sucks that it's not in this game which uses the team mechanic. It just sucks but Silver and Blaze don't get screwed up. It's the Olympic ten (the most important in the franchise) plus 5 more.

1 hour ago, Plasme said:

Silver and Blaze make perfect sense, their friendship in Sonic 06 was the focal point of Silver's story. And while the events of 06 are erased, that's still the most significant relationship Silver's had from a player perspective, it makes sense that they would retain it in a non-canon fun karting game.

And while I have very low expectations for the game, I appreciate them doing weird things like this. Team Chaotix would have been too obvious, which is one of the reasons I liked them swapping Cream for the Chao. I want to be surprised honestly.

Who's next? Eggman, Metal Sonic and Infinite?

Or a “leftovers” team of Espio, Charmy, and Cream? 

On a serious note, will their absences be part of the game’s storyline? 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Maybe, but I don't know if Vector mentioned Espio and Charmy in Free Riders either. "Espio and Charmy are off on a case and couldn't join me! And they require a team?! Who else am I going to partner up with?"

*sees two guys standing over there*

"Hey, I see you're down a wingman! How about I join you as long as we're called Team Vector?!"

/shrug lol

Kinda calling Eggman, Metal Sonic, and Infinite as a secret unlockable team, but who knows. They may just go with someone else entirely and leave Infinite out to avoid Forces.

20 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I'm sure you're probably joking, but if there was going to be a "leftovers" team it would've been Silver, Blaze, and a filler instead, keeping the main team dynamic of the other four teams in fact.

And that is something interesting. Omega often gets shafted, so I'm kinda surprised they actually kept him if they're not even keeping Team Chaotix together. Maybe they just couldn't think of a third character... Eggman's probably heading up his own team for the fifth and final one, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, darn. Unless Espio is somehow involved in the last team, my hopes are dashed.

The Chaotix really are the only actual team, but there might still be times when they'd split, so I don't much mind the pairing. Silver and Blaze are good for fans, and I'd definitely be trying everyone out at least once. I think I'd settle for either the chao or Shadow at this point, but anything's possible once I get my hands on the game.

Again, I called this. There was a bit where I wondered if I was being too pessimistic but nope. I know how this usually goes down for me. 

Because I'm older, I'm less inclined to get mad at Silver and Blaze over this like I used to when I was a kid though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad they went this route tbh.  Not to completely judge but I really don't think Charmy alone is a very popular character and it would've been kind of a waste of a slot just for the sake of including all three.

I do feel like Espio would've gotten along better with Blaze and Silver though.  They could've been "Team Social Anxiety".

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 5
  • Too Many Rings 3

I don't understand why they couldn't have just added in another three slots. 

Keep Team Chaotix and Team Rose the same and put the chao on Silver and Blaze's team. Why not do the Smash Bros, thing and just include them all? I seriously can't think of a reason why they wouldn't. Maybe they just like the tradition of keeping Espio and Charmy out of shit. 

I don't know. I knew this would happen and yet I'm still somehow in a bitter headspace. The idea of "Not popular = waste of a slot" always pissed me off but there's never anything I can do about it. 

It's been so long since the Chaotix got a chance to work off one another properly and this thing has a story mode. 

Fuck man. I gotta stop thinking about it.