Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

The Final Character seems like a big secret so I'm guessing Infinite.

But I'm hoping Fang since we saw that classic Amy concept art on the Team Comms Slide.

I'm reading more tweets by people who played the demo and they all enjoyed it! It's refreshing to see some positivity. But we really need a new trailer... It's been more than 3 months since E3. Can't believe they showed that old trailer again twice at the japanese panel today. Forces' marketing was way better, I'm still not going full angry, because the game is still in the works and it's likely coming out next year, so technically there is still time to advertise it, if it was coming this year they would have announced it by now.

What do you think?

I’m gonna say the last character will be Tails Doll. Obscure, fan favorite and an R representation. I’m pretty convinced about this since the logo was announced

11 minutes ago, DaN said:

I’m gonna say the last character will be Tails Doll. Obscure, fan favorite and an R representation. I’m pretty convinced about this since the logo was announced

Would they have a roster that includes Metal Sonic, Tails Doll and leave out Metal Knux tho? I don’t think you can include one without the other at this point. 

And with only 1 slot left on the roster, I would wager that the safer bet is Infinite... or even (gulp) Classic Sonic 

They don't need to rep all the trio, though. Besides, Tails Doll is more well known than Metal Knuckles and would be visually different.
And I still have to wonder if there's a place for at least some of the old R tracks to be reimagined and placed into the locales being offered. Resort Island could easily fit inside Seaside Hill, for example.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic R tracks would need to be edited down then, don't think the openness and all the optional side paths of Sonic R's tracks will translate well. Not to mention the minor platforming sections.
But I agree it would be neat to see them pull it off, not to mention would justify the random R in the logo.

Heck, include an entire series of Retro style tournaments, Mario Kart style.
Sonic and Sega all star tracks should be easy to translate to the new game.
Sonic R and Riders would be more tricky because of game specific gimmicks, but it would be neat to race trough Sonic Free Riders tracks in a game that isn't a nightmare to control.
Heck, even Sonic Drift racing could be re-used like what Mario kart does with the Snes/ GBA tracks.

I really doubt it would happen, but it'd be awesome if it would.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now, I'd just say "Sonic R tracks aren't happening", but yesterday we did hear a Can You Feel the Sunshine remix that I'm sure is in the game. There can be multiple options what the remix is for, but if it is for a track, then it has to be for one of the tracks remade from Sonic R.

Though now that I think about, it could be used as an invincibility theme more than anything. Who knows, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

5 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

Now, I'd just say "Sonic R tracks aren't happening", but yesterday we did hear a Can You Feel the Sunshine remix that I'm sure is in the game. There can be multiple options what the remix is for, but if it is for a track, then it has to be for one of the tracks remade from Sonic R.

Though now that I think about, it could be used as an invincibility theme more than anything. Who knows, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't recall Regal Ruin being in ASRT though...

Remade levels from R, however loose the adaptation needs to be to work in a kart racer, would be really awesome. But I think a remixed track or two isn't enough to go on. That 'Can You Feel The Sunshine' remix would work really well on Seaside Hill. 

Livin' in the City remix by Jun Senoue pls

• Thumbs Up 2

So, I got the chance to play this at EGX earlier.

It took some time for me to get used to the game's mechanics (...actually, it took me A LOT of time) but after many, many rounds on it, I think it's... good, but maybe not something I see myself buying at launch.

At the very least, I felt satisfied with what I played... eventually.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:58 AM, VEDJ-F said:

Okay, so before that blows up a bit, I've been meaning to get this theory out on team Vector. 

So you know how Donpa is hosting this entire and has basically made the stipulations for racing himself? You know how one common theory is that Donpa is Eggman in disguise?

So say that it ends up being correct. My theory is that both team Dark and team Chaotix were on his tail, but Eggman, knowing how good the Chaotix are at seeing through him when allowed to work together, was like "Nuh uh, you're not allowed to race with those two anywhere close to here." Vector still wants to investigate, so he approaches Silver and Blaze about acting as team mates while still letting him do the work he needs. 

I mainly say this because while nothing close to this occurred in Sonic Free Riders, the games have gone to great lengths to emphasise his detective skills when they can since Generations, so I think they might hit that angle harder this time. 

That sounds like some weird, Wacky Racers shit.

Though I've never actually seen the show.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:38 AM, SchemingMinor said:

HHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh I finally get to play as Eggman again. The only character I will ever play.

So I am speculating that Eggman's art will be revealed really soon on the premise that he was allowed to appear in this demo build of the game. This makes me wonder who or what Dodonpa is on the prevailing theory he is actually Robotnik in disguise - either Robotnik is Neo Metal Sonic or Dodonpa could be Eggman Nega.

Or the magical flying tanuki is just a red herring because we are basing him off of appearances. Man what a farce that would be.

I'm hoping more that Dodonpa is a fresh new character for the game.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, Mayor D said:

Can definitely talk about it now. Spotted it during the stream.

Metal Sonic is in the game. Pic to come later. Internet is horrible here for images.

Hmph. As if there were any doubt.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:29 AM, Pawn said:

Ice Mountain has just been confirmed to be a combination of different levels, explaining its lack of a specific identity.

EDIT: They also mentioned that 12 of the 15 characters have been revealed so far. Now, obviously Eggman is not included in that, despite being included in the demonstration, but that means the Egg Pawns really are just generic enemies and aren't taking a slot. Perhaps this has already been stated; it's just I've noticed some concern expressed about it. So who will Eggman and Metal be teaming up with? Orbot and Cubot? Infinite?

Spoiler

I think it's already been said that it's Orbot and Cubot in one car.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:32 AM, Pawn said:

If Dodonpa is a disguise, then it would likely just be a badnik, since Eggman and Metal are in the race. Free Riders already did the Neo Metal Sonic schtick anyway, didn't it?

Regardless, I'd rather the little tanuki was just his own character. I can't think of any outcome where a ruse like that wouldn't feel cliche and unnecessary.

Sorta--it was Metal Sonic hiding inside E-10000B's body until Shadow and Rouge overworked it to the point of overheating.

13 hours ago, DaN said:

He would be a little more diverse in terms of color scheme and would fill a similar wacky quota that Omochao and Vector also fill.

13 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Would they have a roster that includes Metal Sonic, Tails Doll and leave out Metal Knux tho? I don’t think you can include one without the other at this point. 

And with only 1 slot left on the roster, I would wager that the safer bet is Infinite... or even (gulp) Classic Sonic 

Unfortunately, that's kind of another problem with the more recurrable Sonic villains--they use the same color schemes most of the time.

Also, I think Infinite can’t participate due to Dodonpa apparently having the Ruby, but that’s just a kooky hypothesis. Regardless, Orbot and Cubot as a two-man Act is a little dissapointing, though I may give them another chance this way, as there’s currently nothing with underlings of his other than these three at the moment.

Does anyone else feel like they've been showing too little for too long? It sort of feels like the same scenario with Sonic Forces(albeit that game had better marketing). Also, I'm a little concerned with the story mode, considering they still haven't really talked about it much. The most they have discussed/reveal is the characters(Dodonpa included) and tracks(although not too much of this either). I'm not saying they should be like Nintendo and reveal certain things for at an almost weekly basis like they do for SSBU, but I can't be the only one thinking this right now.

Edited by Ruomarta
Had to rearranged some of my words.
  • Thumbs Up 2

What I find interesting: Now that people at EGX and TGS are playing the game, I hear no one complaining about terrible frame rates & stuff, even though it's apparently the same demo that we've had for gamescom. And there were tons of people telling me "which game did you play, the game ran terribly!!1!!1!111 Sonic is doomed" and stuff.

Makes me believe that all the people who said that didn't actually play the game. Or are there just reports that I'm missing out on?

We' ve already seen 3 of the 7 race locations. They'll probably only reveal one more before launch.
How many of it's 7 zones did Sonic Forces reveal before launch?
And they deliberatly revealed 12 of the 15 racers (And 2 more by accident)

So what do you even expect them to reveal anymore?
I think we've seen the majority of the concent.
I expect little other then the shocking relevation if we get Seaside hill for the 100th time, or Green Hill Zone for the 5028th time.
I hope it's Green Hill, if only for the potential of a mecha/ Neo/ sand version of the track. Not to mention it'd be a shame to break the current streak of unbroken appearences.

And I don't think they care enough about the included story to make a big deal out of it.
 Much as I'd like full rendered cutscenes with a zany adventurous plot like Sonic Riders had, it's more likely we get a repeat of Free Riders cheap presentation and bad jokes marathon. Hard to make a trailer about that.

1 hour ago, Ruki185 said:

What I find interesting: Now that people at EGX and TGS are playing the game, I hear no one complaining about terrible frame rates & stuff, even though it's apparently the same demo that we've had for gamescom. And there were tons of people telling me "which game did you play, the game ran terribly!!1!!1!111 Sonic is doomed" and stuff.

Makes me believe that all the people who said that didn't actually play the game. Or are there just reports that I'm missing out on?

Hmm. Thinking back, while the game didn't exactly have a "smooth" frame rate (I think it got just the slightest bit choppy at times, but it was very rare) and there wasn't a major graphical improvement over All-Stars Transformed, I certainly wouldn't call it terrible.

2 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Hmm. Thinking back, while the game didn't exactly have a "smooth" frame rate (I think it got just the slightest bit choppy at times, but it was very rare) and there wasn't a major graphical improvement over All-Stars Transformed, I certainly wouldn't call it terrible.

That's exactly what I experienced. There were a few hiccups, but there were a lot of people calling it a slideshow & stuff after E3 and gamescom, which I could never understand. 

2 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

That's exactly what I experienced. There were a few hiccups, but there were a lot of people calling it a slideshow & stuff after E3 and gamescom, which I could never understand. 

E3, I could possibly understand since it was an earlier build than the Gamescom one (Team Vector wasn't revealed at that point). But I'd have to check the E3 footage to see if it was noticeably bad like some people claim.

As for the Gamescom build, assuming it's the exact same build that TGS and EGX got... Yeah, it definitely wasn't bad.

...Although, maybe the ones claiming it was terrible were playing it on a different console? EGX had the PS4 version available to play, but I don't recall seeing any Xbox One or Switch versions being showcased.

9 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

...Although, maybe the ones claiming it was terrible were playing it on a different console? EGX had the PS4 version available to play, but I don't recall seeing any Xbox One or Switch versions being showcased.

Same applies for gamescom, they only hat the PS4 version.

2 hours ago, Ruki185 said:

According to others, like Hitlersauras Christ over at Retro, the framerate was "choppy as hell" when he played it at EGX. But the thing is, poor framerates are not at all uncommon in demo builds. It's often one of the last things to get polished out in the last stages of development (finish the game before you start optimising it), and these demos can be months older than they seem when they're being showcased.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

According to others, like Hitlersauras Christ over at Retro, the framerate was "choppy as hell" when he played it at EGX. But the thing is, poor framerates are not at all uncommon in demo builds. It's often one of the last things to get polished out in the last stages of development (finish the game before you start optimising it), and these demos can be months older than they seem when they're being showcased.

I am well aware of that fact, but like I said, I did not notice anything like that and it seems like I am not the only one with that impression. Sometimes it feels like whenever something drops below 60 in the slightest it's called "a slideshow", even if that only happens once or twice.

Edit: Seemingly the guy from Retro played it at TGS, because he talked about Izuka and Jun being on stage. Not sure which build they have there, but I highly doubt it's the E3 one, that'd be pretty stupid on their end. I could imagine that Japan has an exclusive one due to the localization though. 

9 minutes ago, Ruki185 said:

I am well aware of that fact, but like I said, I did not notice anything like that and it seems like I am not the only one with that impression. Sometimes it feels like whenever something drops below 60 in the slightest it's called "a slideshow", even if that only happens once or twice.

I mean, it is a racing game and if I understand correctly then you can't choose which course you race on this demo. That, along with a bunch of other variables, will determine how well the game runs in an early state. There have been enough comments about the framerate struggling for me to be convinced that it's currently an issue, even though it likely has been improved somewhat since the earlier build. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I mean, it is a racing game and if I understand correctly then you can't choose which course you race on this demo. That, along with a bunch of other variables, will determine how well the game runs in an early state. There have been enough comments about the framerate struggling for me to be convinced that it's currently an issue, even though it likely has been improved somewhat since the earlier build. 

You're right about the course selection. The demo has both Wisp Circuit and Ice Mountain, alternating between the two with each demo run (i.e. after racing on Wisp Circuit and getting the "Thank You For Playing" message, the next race will always be on Ice Mountain and vice versa).

Anyway. Regardless of my own experience with the demo, I do hope that the issues people have expressed about the frame rate are sorted by the time this game launches.

4 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I most likely still plan to get the game but im going into it heavily thinking of it as a severally downgraded transformed

However, the devs made everything they could to make this game a completely different experience, in fact the gameplay has a lot of depth here. I'm only really sad about the content, Transformed was still at the same price but it had more things, the only way I can think they could be on par with that is if they added extra content for free in future updates. Because what the game offers now isn't much. I know it's extremely unlikely, especially for a game that isn't the most awaited by folks.

11 minutes ago, I Love Sticks said:

However, the devs made everything they could to make this game a completely different experience, in fact the gameplay has a lot of depth here. I'm only really sad about the content, Transformed was still at the same price but it had more things, the only way I can think they could be on par with that is if they added extra content for free in future updates. Because what the game offers now isn't much. I know it's extremely unlikely, especially for a game that isn't the most awaited by folks.

I just think transformed really went all out with the new feature. It was neat to see a track transform the longer a race went on. From getting use to the track being complete on land and in the last act break and force you on a section in the air or like the ages track where the entire map changed depending on who was in first and what side of the track they went down. Honestly depending on when the game sells I do not see it as a high seller. Lord knows if they release it early 2019 its going to have a hard time with the likes of kh and re2.  Honestly besides well this site cause its a sonic site mostly I do not see much hype for this game on twitter or instagram. Unlike say spyro. But it could come out and surprise me complelty and outdo itself in everyway