Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

5 minutes ago, kalion said:

Sounds like it's gonna be ARMS of Racing games.

What really cheesed me off is that I had to read your article to know Speed Characters were flimsy and Power characters can be a battering ram.

Where were all this information in the trailers? They need to get new PR people because Webber got promoted and the new people in charge have been faring poorly since Forces.

Look at how they handle the Yakuza trailers and then look at this mess. Believe it or not, it's the same publisher.

Not to be rude, but please don't compare this to no ARMS. Despite the steep learning curve, at least people understood what the game was. This however has poor tail promotion and marketing from start to finish.

"Please don't tarnish my holy grail because the steep learning curve is'nt similar" at all sure.

However, feel free to ignore the rest of that post which agrees with you.

Edit: Apology accepted: I just don't like people going "Despite the similarity, this is'nt similar at all!" Like, you wot m8?

35 minutes ago, kalion said:

Please don't tarnish my holy grail because the steep learning curve is'nt similar at all sure.

However, feel free to ignore the rest of that post which agrees with you.

Okay. Hopefully like I said earlier, I didn't come off as rude and if I did, I apologize.

Ok, so... It's probably gonna be an okay game at best with friends. Shitty playing alone. Yeah, pass. I rather not dive into online play territory again. This stuff never works. And as an young adult, I don't have any friends to invite over to play Sonic, so yeah. Gonna save my hard working pay for Sonic Mania 2, SEGA, so you better do it ASAP.

• Thumbs Up 2

If singleplayer is bad, then this isn't for me since I won't get any of my friends to play this anyway.  However, I will probably try this out later but only if I can find a team online. Btw, does this have online mode(s)? 

On 9/25/2018 at 12:56 PM, Mayor D said:

These complaints the the dialogue is too much or bad. Just not true.

Well, the trailers I seen so far sure made it seem otherwise. It made it seem like somebody was talking every 5-10 seconds.

And also it depends on your stance on the current writing and voice actors. Since I hate pretty much all of the current voices of the characters, it's no surprise I wish they would all shut up. Not a fan of the writing at all, so another reason I wish they would shut up. If you're fine with these, then naturally it won't bother you as much. To each their own.

Eh. I'll get it. I'll have fun. I won't be able to ignore all the things that are going to annoy me about it though. The lack of animations. The lack of character to the tracks. The lack of characters period. It's all going to be hard to get over when the two games before it had all that and then some. 

Sumo, I could always count on you, I don't want that to stop. If there's a next time, I hope things return to form and even further beyond.

And put the Chaotix back together Goddammit.

It's October 3rd and we still don't have a release date for the game. Is this going to be released before Christmas?

I'm not convinced it'll be a 2019 title either. The game may look naff, but deeper-set issues such as the single player supposedly being a bit crap due to the reliance on the AI and all that isn't stuff a delay will necessarily fix due to it just being how the game is designed (ergo, arguably pretty badly). It'd be to polish up stuff like what Hogfather mentioned such as particle effects and perhaps the framerate, and I personally can't see SEGA being arsed with missing Christmas for the sake of some particle effects. I'd argue a patch for that would be more likely, cuz hey ho it's 2018 lads

I'm gonna go out on a limb and still say that "Coming this Winter" was never meant to be "Coming Winter 2018". If it was supposed to be December, we would've had a release date some time ago, but we don't and we probably won't have it at least for a while.

A release date being in January or February wouldn't count as a delay, since technically it's still going to be "this Winter". Now if it had a March release date or later, then that I'd consider a delay.

About Christmas sales - if they wanted Christmas sales, they'd release the game even earlier, like mid to ens November, so by the Christmas they could lower the price a little bit. There's a reason why every year November is very competitive, yet December only has 1 or 2 notable titles.

So yeah, I'm team "January or February 2019". I'm also team "Stop being this ambiguous with release windows, at least give us a year you're targeting ffs". 

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Well seeing how sega rushed 06 I would not doubt a early December release

Way to use an example from 12 years ago.

I'm gonna call it as a late december so it's a couple of weeks after Smash but just right before X'mas.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

We' ve already seen 3 of the 7 race locations. They'll probably only reveal one more before launch.
How many of it's 7 zones did Sonic Forces reveal before launch?
And they deliberatly revealed 12 of the 15 racers (And 2 more by accident)

So what do you even expect them to reveal anymore?

We actually technically saw all seven of Sonic Forces' zones before launch, since at least Infinite's trailer contained footage from an Eggman Empire HQ cut-scene (maybe the Story trailer too, I forget).  All six of the other zones had gameplay footage before launch for sure.  For a non-story-driven game like this, I expect them to reveal pretty much everything like they did with Generations, unfortunately.  At least five of the seven track environments, no doubt.  Hopefully there's enough to set the 3 tracks for each zone apart so at least some of those are a surprise.

57 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Looks like it. I mean, we were never told it was 2018 were we. 

Well, I mean technically you're right. But if you look back at their first trailer, they said this winter and, I don't know, I don't count January and February as this winter.

1 minute ago, Ruomarta said:

Well, I mean technically you're right. But if you look back at their first trailer, they said this winter and, I don't know, I don't count January and February as this winter.

Well, January and February are in the Winter coming up (since it runs December to March), so they do count. 

It wouldn't be the first racing game released around that time either, Sonic Riders was a March release. 

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well, January and February are in the Winter coming up (since it runs December to March), so they do count. 

It wouldn't be the first racing game released around that time either, Sonic Riders was a March release. 

Don't Spring start in March though?

Edit: Your right about January and February still falling in Winter. My point still stands about March.

Edited by Ruomarta
Had to add to my response

It's not really a delay, Sega have been screaming "WINTER!!" for the last several months. They probably were targeting December, but they never really had a chance of making an impact even with the holidays. At least that means they will have another month to polish it up a bit.

It will definitely end up releasing sometime in January or February, with 14 of 15 characters revealed there's not that much left to promote especially considering who No. 15 is, so delaying it further into 2019 would kill the interest in the game even more. On top of that Sega have the license for the 2020 Olympics, so Mario&Sonic's next uninspired spin-off is just around the corner.

What's weird is that the insider who confirmed TSR (and who initially gave details on Forces such as the Avatar) also mentioned it was scheduled for an early 2018 release, before being pushed back to become a holiday title. And now they couldn't even make that deadline? Almost sounds like it's gone through development hell.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

Don't Spring start in March though?

Edit: Your right about January and February still falling in Winter. My point still stands about March.

First day of spring is March 20 next year so it is definitely still winter before then, which starts December 21 this year. So roughly, if you go by when the actual seasons start then you'd have like ten days of winter at the end of the year for a game to fall into, which is funny since I think from mid November through New Years is considered Holiday by the video game industry. Or in short, seeing 2019 to me makes sense since that would be the start of the winter season even from an advertising viewpoint so I'm not particularly surprised by the date.

• Thumbs Up 2