Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

3 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

First day of spring is March 20 next year so it is definitely still winter before then, which starts December 21 this year. So roughly, if you go by when the actual seasons start then you'd have like ten days of winter at the end of the year for a game to fall into, which is funny since I think from mid November through New Years is considered Holiday by the video game industry. Or in short, seeing 2019 to me makes sense since that would be the start of the winter season even from an advertising viewpoint so I'm not particularly surprised by the date.

Ok thanks!:slight_smile:

Games do have a five season year.

Winter Jan-Feb

Spring Mar-May

Summer Jun-Aug

Fall Sep-Oct

Holiday Nov-Dec

Roughly give or take a week the fall/holiday line is probably the vaguest.

• Thumbs Up 4

Of course making matters even more unnecessarily complicated is that most fiscal years start sometime after January, though I think SEGA's is even later then that. Or in other words, Winter 2018 in industry would actually be in 2019 despite how illogical that is.

Honestly guys, I don't know how they are going to hype this up now(smh). It's already little to non-existent as it is. Forgive me if it seems like I'm coming off to pessimistic about this game

Pessimism is natural of late with SEGA/Sonic so I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, unlike the haters your pessimism comes off as the worry and irritation that comes from loving something to me and I don't find that offensive. As for how the are going to advertise this... I'm guessing it'll be up to there social media team as normal with everything outside of Mania. It's a shame that SEGA won't spend the money on proper advertising, but it just highlights the lack of confidence they have in the brand/product. By not spending any money on advertising it shows that they either didn't budget any or don't think that the game sales will recoup the costs.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Breaking News: Team Sonic Racing will most likely get delayed, surprising absolutely no one.

Seriously, I've been calling this delay for months now.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:01 PM, Ruomarta said:

Don't Spring start in March though?

Edit: Your right about January and February still falling in Winter. My point still stands about March.

There are 2 definitions for seasons. They are astronomical and metrological definitions. Astronomical seasons go by the position of the Earth and Sun. This means winter starts on the shortest day of the year for the northern hemisphere or late December. Meteorological seasons used by meteorologists goes by grouping months together of similar characteristics. This means winter starts on December 1st and ends on February 28th/29th. Overall it depends on what you use. I personally go by meteorological definition since it matches weather more closely.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/7/2018 at 5:58 PM, Detective Kaito said:

Breaking News: Team Sonic Racing will most likely get delayed, surprising absolutely no one.

Seriously, I've been calling this delay for months now.

But... they aren't delaying the game...

If the projected release window is "This Winter" on a video that came out in 2018, then they have until March 19th 2019 to release without the need of a delay.

Doesn't sound like a Delay in my opinion, just a misunderstanding of the community.

1 hour ago, Gemster312 said:

But... they aren't delaying the game...

If the projected release window is "This Winter" on a video that came out in 2018, then they have until March 19th 2019 to release without the need of a delay.

Doesn't sound like a Delay in my opinion, just a misunderstanding of the community.

What if they meant southern hemisphere winter? That means sometime in the summer. But hey at least that means the game will be even better hopefully.

Well hey, delayed or not, they're too far in to fix the stuff I want to see fixed. If "This Winter" actually meant "The part of Winter that isn't this year but still technically THIS winter, wink-wink" then whatever. Go for it I guess. 

I keep seeing some people say that Team Sonic Racing needs a delay so it won't be rushed out but what makes it look like its rushed? I think their waiting for its comic to come out before they start showing off story stuff. 

I wouldn't exactly say rushed, but it is certainly lacking. I would have expected at least ten more characters and seven more locales. Can't talk much about the modes yet, but I don't have confidence there will be that many - considering how much they're pushing the team mechanic. Story is also... lacking, even if we don't know much if anything of it.

The series doesn't really have ten more regulars to begin with, unless you really stretch what counts. 

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The series doesn't really have ten more regulars to begin with, unless you really stretch what counts. 

That's pretty much why I think it would be cool if they used some of the more obscure and lesser known characters for this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Problem is that they wouldn't. That's not how these game go, unfortunately. 

The webcomics, Olympics, and Runners did feature a lot of the minor recurring characters, so who’s to say we don’t get bosses, cameos, or even playable DLC? 

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

52 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The webcomics, Olympics, and Runners did feature a lot of the minor recurring characters, so who’s to say we don’t get bosses, cameos, or even playable DLC? 

Off the top of my head, there's still Cream&Cheese, Jet, Zavok, Espio, Wave, Zazz, Storm, and Charmy to pick from in terms of recurring playable cast.

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

SEGA/Sonic Team/Historical Evidence does.

Who they allow to be playable has seen some shifts over the years, admittedly. Cream used to be a lot more prominent back in the day and Vector was no where near used as much as he is today. However, they've got a very expected pattern that they seem to adhere to as far as who to expect as far as playable characters. 

There are five Olympic Games and they stopped adding playable characters to the roster past the second one. When it comes to spin-offs, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, and Vector are the 10 that you can always expect nowadays. I've reached a point to where I always expect them by default. Sometimes, once-in-a-blue-moon flukes will happen like Knuckles not being playable in SEGA Superstars Tennis or Blaze not being in Forces. It's not a 100% full proof system but it's usually how things go.

Unless it's a mobile game, they hardly go beyond the call of duty as far as characters are concerned. The furthest I've seen them go was in the Rio Olympics, where they did a thing where in one specific event you could play as one character you couldn't normally play as... but that was it. They weren't allowed to be fully unlockable across all events which is honestly more frustrating. I'd honestly rather they not have been playable at all in that case but I didn't even buy the game so whatever. 

Cameos in those games were fairly reliable for the most part. Espio and Charmy were at least refs. Cream got to announce stuff with Omochao. Jet, Omega, Rouge, and Eggman Nega were at least boss characters. Those games aren't really the norm for Sonic spin-offs though. This is honestly the first spin-off in a long, long time that's had itself both 100% Sonic centered and fully focused on something that would rely on a neat cast of characters to beef up its roster.

However, despite that, they couldn't even get in the full teams. They put in Big (because memes) and Omochao (because Chao Gardens were a thing people liked according to our business charts) and that's it. I guess Omega was a neat surprise though. I would not have called that. I suppose there's only so much you can split apart the teams to squeeze in all the popular characters though. At least two of them would have to remain the way they were. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Toadochao. Whatever. They yip and exposit stuff at you. 

I swear I almost misread that last sentence because the first. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

There are five Olympic Games and they stopped adding playable characters to the roster past the second one.

Not true- Rio doubled the roster in the 3DS version, though some were cut from Wii U (Namely, Cream, Omega, and Eggman Nega)

Course, each newcomer was exclusive to one event, so it didn't really matter.

My bad. Just read that last bit.

But yeah: There aren't that many characters Sega's willing to regularly put into these spinoffs. I would say adding Omochao's up there with the likes of Pink Gold Peach, but Mario Kart's still a fantastic series with plenty of fan-favorites in spite of a few headscratchers.

1 hour ago, Fear-Metallix said:

Not true- Rio doubled the roster in the 3DS version, though some were cut from Wii U (Namely, Cream, Omega, and Eggman Nega)

Course, each newcomer was exclusive to one event, so it didn't really matter.

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Unless it's a mobile game, they hardly go beyond the call of duty as far as characters are concerned. The furthest I've seen them go was in the Rio Olympics, where they did a thing where in one specific event you could play as one character you couldn't normally play as... but that was it. They weren't allowed to be fully unlockable across all events which is honestly more frustrating. I'd honestly rather they not have been playable at all in that case but I didn't even buy the game so whatever.