Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

8 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I feel the same way when people complain about a frame rate drop in games, I understand what your saying.

Well...one is a visual trick to help the game flow better while cutting some corners and the other is a flaw that actually compromises your ability to play the game.

So while one is a design decision made by the developers having in mind the budget and deadlines of the game, the other is probably a failure on part of the team to optimize the game that may or may not be because of said budget and deadlines.

So I wouldn't really compare the two.

However everyone has his own opinions, you don't like that small choice they made, understandable.     

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

22 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Yes, the logo pops up every time the player falls off course how doesn't that make sense? Games are made for everyone and not "you must be this tall to enter" type of thinking just imagine if Mario Kart 8 had its logo popping up like that it would feel lazy. Oh and nice burn with that "as long as I'm less crap at this game, it'll be a better game" line, it made so much more sense then the point I was making. 

He's... He's right you know... You basically said that as long as you do good at the game, it makes it better. I'm not calling you out, I just got intrigued with what you stated about All-Stars Racing Transformed, because when you said the logo pops in your face, it's clearly because you got off the track... Would you feel better if the screen simply fade to back or something else? I don't know about you, but I love when games challenge me instead of holding my hand the entire time, and the challenge Transformed brought to the genre wasn't unfair, impossible or unballanced, it was very rewarding and solid TBH. The "bounce" thing in fact happened a lot online tho' and that sucked, and hopefully that shit is fixed in TSR. Not that I'm buying this, but I admit it was an issue back then.

Still, intriguing statement you made.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jango said:

He's... He's right you know... You basically said that as long as you do good at the game, it makes it better. I'm not calling you out, I just got intrigued with what you stated about All-Stars Racing Transformed, because when you said the logo pops in your face, it's clearly because you got off the track... Would you feel better if the screen simply fade to back or something else? I don't know about you, but I love when games challenge me instead of holding my hand the entire time, and the challenge Transformed brought to the genre wasn't unfair, impossible or unballanced, it was very rewarding and solid TBH. The "bounce" thing in fact happened a lot online tho' and that sucked, and hopefully that shit is fixed in TSR. Not that I'm buying this, but I admit it was an issue back then.

Still, intriguing statement you made.

He's not right as I wasn't talking about a players skill level.  The logo bugs me as it keeps telling me what I'm playing if you fall off the road ether by driving off or bugs pushing you off, one time the game got stuck and made me repeatedly fall off the road having to look at that logo over and over again most racing games I've played just put me back on the road with out a black screen. This isn't a challenging racing game its full of bugs, water makes my boat flip losing all speed, I get suck on ramps, flying is to easy favoring speed characters, boost is the only good stat, the list just keeps going...   

2 hours ago, redhellc said:

Well...one is a visual trick to help the game flow better while cutting some corners and the other is a flaw that actually compromises your ability to play the game.

So while one is a design decision made by the developers having in mind the budget and deadlines of the game, the other is probably a failure on part of the team to optimize the game that may or may not be because of said budget and deadlines.

So I wouldn't really compare the two.

However everyone has his own opinions, you don't like that small choice they made, understandable.     

A frame rate drop doesn't effect me much at all. 

Well. We didn't played the same game then, I've never ran into these bugs as often as you're saying. They exist for sure, but you're making it seems like they happened 99% of the time lol. I had the PS3 version just to clarify. Also, you said the game bugged "one time" and made you look at the logo repeatedly and you didn't liked the logo... now that's really nitpicky, man... Everything else just feel like you strugling to nail the controls. I admit, the boat is tricky because the waves affects you pretty realistically, I've flipped many times at the beginning, but man oh man, once I've learned how to surf those bad boys, dang, I was flying. Great boost-awesome boost-amazing boost all the time. Also, saying speed characters have advantage on planes, now that's just lie, there isn't even "classes" in Transformed, and you could mod literally any racer to make them faster and better than their standard stats. 

Also the All-Stars Racing Transformed logo is sweet, if I dare say so, I'm graphic designer myself. Just sayin'. 

Just now, Jango said:

Well. We didn't played the same game then, I've never ran into these bugs as often as you're saying. They exist for sure, but you're making it seems like they happened 99% of the time lol. I had the PS3 version just to clarify. Also, you said the game bugged "one time" and made you look at the logo repeatedly and you didn't liked the logo... now that's really nitpicky, man... Everything else just feel like you strugling to nail the controls. I admit, the boat is tricky because the waves affects you pretty realistically, I've flipped many times at the beginning, but man oh man, once I've learned how to surf those bad boys, dang, I was flying. Great boost-awesome boost-amazing boost all the time. Also, saying speed characters have advantage on planes, now that's just lie, there isn't even "classes" in Transformed, and you could mod literally any racer to make them faster and better than their standard stats. 

Also the All-Stars Racing Transformed logo is sweet, if I dare say so, I'm graphic designer myself. Just sayin'. 

One time you know a example of a time at some date and I'm not got going list all my bug moments, "nitpicky" just wow... and when did having bugs mean 99% of the time.

Some mods can be better than others its not like there all the same mod for each character Amigo and Amy stay slow in all their mods I mean even their "SPEED" mods are slow why did Sumo think that was a good idea.  

Turns out the new remix of Rooftop Run was a collab with Hyper Potions of Sonic Mania and Monstercat fame. Neat! 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

Awesome. Shame watching the event was complete cringe.

Unless I’ve missed something there doesn’t really seem to be any discussion on the Rooftop Run stage demo either from a day ago at TGS. Was this missed or is there just no interest in this game now? 😂 In case it’s not been posted already...

Gameplay of the level is at 20:00 onwards.

Seems... alright. I think the actual fast speed pace of Unleashed And Generations actual stages spoils this version unfortuantely. I’m still a bit hung up on the fact that tracks bend to the whim for anti-grav with little to no explanation. I know this has happened in previous entries but it feels so jarring here for some reason to me.

I like how wide the streets are, with several options where to go.
I like wide race tracks.

But yeah, with a direct Unleashed/ Generations comparison, it IS noticible how slow the game looks like.
Altough considering I've heard talk that the gameplay is a lot more strategy heavy, I guess that makes more sense, need to pay attention to your team mates more.

And agreed, the gravity defying bend looks really awkward when there's no sci fi elements or break neck speed from the racers to justify it.
Makes me wish they added spectacle moments more trough in-context logical things like going trough traffic or occupied railtracks rather then aping Mario kart 8. Oh well.

15 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Turns out the new remix of Rooftop Run was a collab with Hyper Potions of Sonic Mania and Monstercat fame. Neat! 

This is the most bizarrely awesome thing I've seen a little bit. 

Oh that's really awesome to hear. When Hyper Potions contributed so much to the 25th Anniversary event and Mania trailers, I was hoping they'd get a shot at actual music for a game at some point. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Sounds like the remix of Cool Edge also includes a remix of Reach for the Stars (06:22). That's pretty cool.

On 10/20/2018 at 11:40 AM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

I like how wide the streets are, with several options where to go.
I like wide race tracks.

But yeah, with a direct Unleashed/ Generations comparison, it IS noticible how slow the game looks like.
Altough considering I've heard talk that the gameplay is a lot more strategy heavy, I guess that makes more sense, need to pay attention to your team mates more.

And agreed, the gravity defying bend looks really awkward when there's no sci fi elements or break neck speed from the racers to justify it.
Makes me wish they added spectacle moments more trough in-context logical things like going trough traffic or occupied railtracks rather then aping Mario kart 8. Oh well.

Wider areas diminish the sense of speed though. Same thing was said of Gens vs Unleashed. While I do think that Unleashed was faster, the fact that some of the paths were very narrow accentuated the sensation of speed due to the parallax effect. The scenery rushes by that much quicker when its closer. On a wider track designed to accommodate 10+ racers you can't really do that.

Then there is of course the issue of playability. Probably slowed it down for control purposes. Cars can't quickstep after all...

On 10/21/2018 at 12:27 PM, Blue Blood said:

Sounds like the remix of Cool Edge also includes a remix of Reach for the Stars (06:22). That's pretty cool.

That's nothing. I actually love the "what if Planet Wisp was a Sonic Heroes' level" remix Jun performed. 

Shit, I miss Heroes. I always liked it better and had more fun with it than Adventure 1 and 2, believe it or not. It might be my favorite 3D Sonic, coz' as a whole there's less stuff that I disliked than all the others.

It really does sound like it belongs in Heroes. This is really going to sound great when it comes out.

Also count me as favouriting Heroes as best 3D game.

On 10/20/2018 at 6:40 AM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Didn't Mario Kart 8 just ape it from Riders ZG?

31 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Didn't Mario Kart 8 just ape it from Riders ZG?

If we're going for more accurate representation i'd say it aped it from crash nitro kart. ZG's is different in the fact that you control the gravity changes and not the game itself just automatically doing it when you approach a wall. If we're talking non-kart racers, F-zero x did it first (and better I might add).

5 hours ago, Jango said:

That's nothing. I actually love the "what if Planet Wisp was a Sonic Heroes' level" remix Jun performed. 

Shit, I miss Heroes. I always liked it better and had more fun with it than Adventure 1 and 2, believe it or not. It might be my favorite 3D Sonic, coz' as a whole there's less stuff that I disliked than all the others.

Oh my goodness, I need to hear this.

EDIT: Oh, it's more like they borrowed a cue or two from it one point, okay. Still, the song itself really does give my Sonic Heroes 2player mode flashbacks.

Also, gotta love how the Youtube video has a comment about Sonic Team hiring hookers again.

So it is a 2019 title after all... But that's a pretty big delay. I hope it's gonna become beneficial to the game itself, but I can't say I'm too optimistic about it, mostly because they already have at least 2 problematic projects - one that was delayed several times before (Crackdown 3) and one that's been in hiatus for god knows how long (Dead Island 2). Sure, it's different teams probably, but that's still concerning.

I really wonder why they decided to delay it till the end of Spring... Maybe the internal testing gave really bad results? Or they just didn't finish making the content? It's a pretty substantial delay just for the optimization fixes.

5 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

So it is a 2019 title after all... But that's a pretty big delay. I hope it's gonna become beneficial to the game itself, but I can't say I'm too optimistic about it, mostly because they already have at least 2 problematic projects - one that was delayed several times before (Crackdown 3) and one that's been in hiatus for god knows how long (Dead Island 2). Sure, it's different teams probably, but that's still concerning.

I really wonder why they decided to delay it till the end of Spring... Maybe the internal testing gave really bad results? Or they just didn't finish making the content? It's a pretty substantial delay just for the optimization fixes.

Is Crackdown 3 and Dead Island 2 from the same Sumo team that is making TSR though?

• Thumbs Up 1

With this delay, if we ignore Mania Plus (which was just an updated version of a game released the previous year), I think 2018 will be the first time since the series began back in 1991 that we go an entire year without a new Sonic game.