Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

4 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Here's Eggman in his car in case it hasn't been posted yet.

It looks like he's got exhaust pipes hanging out the sides or something.

He may be a fan of Pimp my ride.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Eggman’s as a racer makes it less likely that Dodonpa is (modern) Eggman. 

Is there any sign that Dodonpa is a racer as well?

23 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Is there any sign that Dodonpa is a racer as well?

No. But it may indicate Eggman and Dodonpa will be on screen together.

One thing that sort of popped into my mind earlier that's been sort of bugging me now, remember how one of the games descriptions was that we'd get customizable cars this time around? I'm feeling like it's probably just going to be mods again like transformed instead of full on customization since they haven't really shown that feature off, which would really suck since it was one of my biggest disappointments with transformed.

• Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

One thing that sort of popped into my mind earlier that's been sort of bugging me now, remember how one of the games descriptions was that we'd get customizable cars this time around? I'm feeling like it's probably just going to be mods again like transformed instead of full on customization since they haven't really shown that feature off, which would really suck since it was one of my biggest disappointments with transformed.

They've confirmed visual mods so at least you can see them this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

While it does concern me that they haven't shown customization yet, there are hints that the customization will be a little bit more in-depth. For example, here's a character select screen taken from TGS demo showcase

Screenshot_2018-11-12-08-38-23-755_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.png.8cb6cc2b6f3f18d29ad35547a23f3b6b.png

Here you can see that it'll be possible to change the front, the back, the wheels and the transmission (supposedly). Not only that, the visual customization has also been confirmed a while ago. I wouldn't expect really deep customization, but it should be at least more in-depth than the mods in Transformed.

And hey, the game was delayed, so now there's time to actually showcase that part of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Just now, do a barrel roll said:

Please tell me that's not Classic Sonic... Didn't Aaron Webber state that classic characters wouldn't be in the game?

Spoiler

It's Metal. Why would Classic Sonic be on the same team as Eggman?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

On 11/10/2018 at 10:45 PM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Here's Eggman in his car in case it hasn't been posted yet.

Eggman in TSR.png

It looks like he's got exhaust pipes hanging out the sides or something.

I noticed that when he slightly appeared last time. It seems that they are going for a cross between a futuristic dragster and his monster truck design from the Sega All-Stars Racing game, albeit a little less from the latter.

5 hours ago, SchemingMinor said:

I noticed that when he slightly appeared last time. It seems that they are going for a cross between a futuristic dragster and his monster truck design from the Sega All-Stars Racing game, albeit a little less from the latter.

I loved that monster truck from the first All-Stars Racing. Eggman driving around this huge, imposing, beast of a machine just fits. 

"My kart has the BIGGEST wheels. I use this to run over flickies with my huge ass tires!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Metal Sonic and Eggman in that trailer? (It's not Classic. There's a frame where you can see Metal's black eyes and exhaust).

• Thumbs Up 1

I don’t think we have seen that track before, either. Looks rather festive. And I guess the Orbot n’ Cubot leak is probably correct.

3 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I don’t think we have seen that track before, either. Looks rather festive. And I guess the Orbot n’ Cubot leak is probably correct.

That's just Market Street, the Rooftop Run track. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Speaking of Market Street...

I'm glad the OST's in the best possible hands, at least.

Now I wonder if there will be any Cash Cash tracks as well? Maybe Hoobastank, Bentley Jones, or even the likes of rumblebee?

4 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Now I wonder if there will be any Cash Cash tracks as well? Maybe Hoobastank, Bentley Jones, or even the likes of rumblebee?

Doubt you'll see Bentley Jones again sadly, he had a falling out with Sega for using his vocals on a new Dreams of an Absolution without his permission back in about 2010. 

1 hour ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Doubt you'll see Bentley Jones again sadly, he had a falling out with Sega for using his vocals on a new Dreams of an Absolution without his permission back in about 2010. 

I’m aware of that, but maybe he settled?

3 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I’m aware of that, but maybe he settled?

That'd be a nice surprise.

Like his rendition of His World for an 06 track would be really neat.

I'd pick Kingdom Valley or even Radical Train where the Train would weave in and out of the track and maybe destroy part of it in an explosion in the final lap.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Speaking of Market Street...

I'm glad the OST's in the best possible hands, at least.

Yikes, that's bad. Especially coming off of "Boo's House".

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

Yikes, that's bad. Especially coming off of "Boo's House".

I think the main issue is the use of instruments. It's an odd mix of synth instruments of Jun's heavy guitar work and it sounds uneven as a result. Not helped that a fair amount of the instruments of the original track (namely the violins) are also absent for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's very energetic and sounds like the sort of thing I'd expect from Hyper Potions. It's pretty good. Not the best version, but I do like it. I want to hear a clean version of the Wisp Circuit track next.

I mean, yeah, it sound alright. It's not getting me all jazzed like Boo's House did since it's a bit hard to be too excited about yet another remix of Rooftop Run. 

Perhaps next time they could do Dragon Road or Eggmanland. Or even Skyscrapper Scamper if they want to appeal to the nostalgic old New York vibe it gives me. 

14 hours ago, Yeow said:

I think the main issue is the use of instruments. It's an odd mix of synth instruments of Jun's heavy guitar work and it sounds uneven as a result. Not helped that a fair amount of the instruments of the original track (namely the violins) are also absent for some reason.

Yeah, it sort of reminds me of Sonic 4's music in that sense.

• Thumbs Up 1