Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

5 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

Well this is a track I didn't expect to be remixed. Also Tree Popes is involved with this track as well.

Don't you mean Tee Lopes. Out of all the Sonic game levels, I never expected an Adventure level getting into this game. But now we just need some tracks and remixes from Shadow, Rush Adventure, 2006, Secret Rings and Black Knight.

Interesting how I tend to get more excited when its a track that hasn't been done to death. I guess that's just how nostalgia actually is supposed to work. Fancy that.

Tails might have a significant lead on the competition here since he did this on a board once. 

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Don't you mean Tee Lopes. Out of all the Sonic game levels, I never expected an Adventure level getting into this game. But now we just need some tracks and remixes from Shadow, Rush Adventure, 2006, Secret Rings and Black Knight.

The ice stage is also inspired from Ice Cap (and presumably Red Mountain?) from SA1, besides Cool Edge. It was said in an interview.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, I Love Sticks said:

The ice stage is also inspired from Ice Cap (and presumably Red Mountain?) from SA1, besides Cool Edge. It was said in an interview.

Didn't know that, I must've been keeping up with Spyro at the time. So could the ice stage be considered a cross between Adventure's Ice Cap and Unleashed's Cool Edge?

Now when I just seen Sand Road I was thinking Lost World's Desert Ruins. Until I looked up Sand Hill, then I realized it was an Adventure 1 track.

The music nice an all, but I really need to see some gameplay for once. Crash Team Racing at the moment has got only one trailer and they have shown more of the game in this one trailer than Team Sonic Racing in over 6 months of marketing. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Bobnik said:

Well this is a track I didn't expect to be remixed. Also Tree Popes is involved with this track as well.

Beautiful song but I like the beginning more then the end.

Just now, Rowl said:

The music nice an all, but I really need to see some gameplay for once. Crash Team Racing at the moment has got only one trailer and they have shown more of the game in this one trailer than Team Sonic Racing in over 6 months of marketing. 

There are tons of gameplay videos of Team Sonic Racing up on youtube.

18 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

There are tons of gameplay videos of Team Sonic Racing up on youtube.

Most of those are off camera and not officially released by the distributor, SEGA. As a result they can not be considered part of the official marketing campaign and as TSR has only had CGi trailers officially SEGA has not promoted eth gameplay as much as CTR. That is where @Rowl is having his problem is because SEGA is not showing off the game and seems to be actively hiding it whereas CTR has been shown off in great detail in a single trailer. So sure, you can find lot's of footage on YouTube, but distribution of that footage is not being handled by SEGA meaning that they are still not showing off the contents of the game themselves, unlike with CTR.

Yes. So far from Sega's side we only saw CGI trailers, character renders, some screenshots and lately a lot of music tracks. Which is all fine at all, I mean the marketing of the Spyro trilogy also showed us concept arts and music tracks, but they also showed us gameplay videos, sure some of them where pretty short, but at least it was something. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Interesting how I tend to get more excited when its a track that hasn't been done to death. I guess that's just how nostalgia actually is supposed to work. Fancy that.

Tails might have a significant lead on the competition here since he did this on a board once. 

Which should happen always and more often. Everyone is freaking tired of Green Hill/Seaside Hill, Chemical Plant and Death Egg. 

Amazing how they choose a level from Sonic Adventure, and even more amazing that they choose this level , I mean, it was a 20 seconds mini-game, lol. Granted they probably got most assets from Lost World and threw the Sand Hill remix over it to mask a likely lazy decision... I mean, desert levels are easier to render I imagine. But whatever, at least it's not Green Hill or its cousins.

I've just now got a good look at the Sand Road screenshot that's included in the music video. 

The artstyle continues to make this game look crap.

• My Emmerdoods 1

It doesn't look crap, but less amazing than Transformed, which was a gen before... I spy some echidna's statues on that screenshot?

8 minutes ago, Jango said:

It doesn't look crap, but less amazing than Transformed, which was a gen before... I spy some echidna's statues on that screenshot?

The artstyle is crap. Graphically there's nothing wrong with the game, but  the stylistic choices are weak and make the game thoroughly boring and bland visually.

ymmv

Just now, Blue Blood said:

I've just now got a good look at the Sand Road screenshot that's included in the music video. 

The artstyle continues to make this game look crap.

Crap? What does crap look like?

Just now, Sonic Fan J said:

Most of those are off camera and not officially released by the distributor, SEGA. As a result they can not be considered part of the official marketing campaign and as TSR has only had CGi trailers officially SEGA has not promoted eth gameplay as much as CTR. That is where @Rowl is having his problem is because SEGA is not showing off the game and seems to be actively hiding it whereas CTR has been shown off in great detail in a single trailer. So sure, you can find lot's of footage on YouTube, but distribution of that footage is not being handled by SEGA meaning that they are still not showing off the contents of the game themselves, unlike with CTR.

Sega has made a movie trailer, team play trailer and a comic CTR didn't show off anymore details then TSR did in their first trailer.

I'm still waiting for them to show Amy's gameplay. 

3 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Crap? What does crap look like?

Crap looks like Forces and Lost World. Neither without their conceptual merits, but both lacking sorely in execution. TSR just repeats the same mistakes, and in some cases it's even more egregious because we've seen the same locations with much better art direction. Generations has lower graphical fidelity, but its iterations of Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp are way more pleasing to look at.

And again, ymmv.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The artstyle is crap. Graphically there's nothing wrong with the game, but  the stylistic choices are weak and make the game thoroughly boring and bland visually.

It is not the most out standing art style, but to be honest I think it kinda fits the cartoony nature that the series has since Colors. 

Still not impressed with what I've seen of this game so far but if anything at least the soundtrack is going to be amazing. 

Choosing Sand Hill from SA1 is a bit redundant after choosing Sandopolis from Sonic 3, right? Well, unless this is actually Act 2 and not an entirely new zone.

I think the art style is lovely its has HD, good lighting, and sound the setting is a sand base track what other art style can they use?  

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Choosing Sand Hill from SA1 is a bit redundant after choosing Sandopolis from Sonic 3, right? Well, unless this is actually Act 2 and not an entirely new zone.

That's exactly what this game does, unfortunately. I think there's a total of 21 tracks spread across seven zones. And it's not currently clear whether or not Seaside Hill is included in that as it's a remake of an ASR track. But yeah, definitely expect to see a third desert track, along with more Rooftop Run (one of which is most likely set during sunset and on a floating glass road), Cool Edge and Planet Wisp.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

That's exactly what this game does, unfortunately. I think there's a total of 21 tracks spread across seven zones. And it's not currently clear whether or not Seaside Hill is included in that as it's a remake of an ASR track. But yeah, definitely expect to see a third desert track, along with more Rooftop Run (one of which is most likely set during sunset and on a floating glass road), Cool Edge and Planet Wisp.

There were three versions of Seaside Hill in the first All Stars Racing game so why not do it again? I mean aside from artistic integrity. 

As for the art-style, I've concluded that I think it looks fine. It's not my preferred style. I really wish for everything to just look like it did in Unleashed again. I still like its art. I love the models more. I'm forever saddened by the loss of it's excellent lighting despite slow-down. I seriously don't care about that at this point. 

But whatever. At least this isn't making me wretch like Lost World did. And somehow the laziness vibes still aren't as strong as they were with Forces. That's almost certain to change once the game comes out and is forgotten about when Crash Team Racing hits a month later. Then the movie will hit and they'll get to work on production of the latest Sonic merch, the Sonic Coffin. 

So look forward to that I guess.

The only thing I really do think it looks bad, are the character models. They're barely animated during race, even the first ASR had them moving/pointing/taunting around better. The lightning and shadow in the models also look really flat, they're lifeless... Just take a look at CTR Nitro Fueled. Hot damn, that's what I wanna see in TSR. I wanna feel like I'm racing as these characters, not just guiding a remote control car.