Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

This is news?

No, but we should appreciate it anyway.

And yeah I'm willing to bet that's stuff from a CGI opening that isn't at all a cutscene. I am hoping we get legit (probably simple in-engine) cutscenes, but I'm not holding my breath either because it's been a long time since the spin-offs were afforded that much of a budget.

• Fist Bump 2

God, its so hard to look at these magazine scans. I didn't even notice Eggman's choppers there.

I wouldn't get too excited about seeing any cutscenes just yet. Most likely it'll be from an opening cinematic showing off the racing in a context-less showcase before the title screen comes up. Or it might be the opening cutscene immediately followed by a sea of text boxes.

Hoping its more but expecting more with this game seems to be the wrong course of action.

9 hours ago, Delta Starfire said:

I got the impression somewhere that this game was coming at the end of 2018. Is there a release date for it yet?

It was, but it's been delayed to 21st May, 2019.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, FFWF said:

It was, but it's been delayed to 21st May, 2019.

Well, I'm kinda reassured by this. I'd sooner a game was delayed than rushed out to meet an arbitrary deadline.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:52 AM, Mayor D said:

The Eggman Empire has a most excellent private dental health care plan for all employees.

It's easy to afford good dental health care if only one of your employees actually has natural teeth.

....Or two of Infinite counts.

• Promotion 1

Better quality plus a bit of the translation:

https://nintendoeverything.com/team-sonic-racing-reveals-doctors-mine-track/

Dodonpa is tied to Team Eggman. Surprise surprise. It's not the full translation, though, I don't get that's up with that Blue Egg Pawn either, or why Zavok is in the team, there is a brief description of the track, but apparently not much relevant info.

This game has Free Riders 2.0 written all over it. Even the blue Egg Pawns look like that robot who was part of Team Dark there.

The article also mentions that Zavok appears independently in the story, so if people are curious why he'd be working with Eggman, there probably isn't any explanation and he's just a boss racer who joins the bad guys at the finale. And unless there's bonus missions for them, the character select for the Adventure mode showed the last team wasn't even playable in there, so there never really was a need for a Team Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Better quality plus a bit of the translation:

https://nintendoeverything.com/team-sonic-racing-reveals-doctors-mine-track/

Dodonpa is tied to Team Eggman. Surprise surprise. 

Oh boy.

3 hours ago, LukA8 said:

The article also mentions that Zavok appears independently in the story, so if people are curious why he'd be working with Eggman, there probably isn't any explanation and he's just a boss racer who joins the bad guys at the finale. 

"Hel-lo, blue nuisance. Gaze upon my delightful conveyance...AND CONSUME MY SMUT!!!"

team-sonic-racing-2-2.jpg

Also, I just noticed, is Dodon Pa literally wearing a leopard skin?

Btw Lava Mountain seems to be part of Ice & Lava world, I'm glad because if there had to be a Lost World stage I was hoping for that one.

51 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Btw Lava Mountain seems to be part of Ice & Lava world, I'm glad because if there had to be a Lost World stage I was hoping for that one.

Really now?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Also, I just noticed, is Dodon Pa literally wearing a leopard skin?

He is indeed wearing the skin of a big cat.  I really wonder if there's going to be some kind of payoff to the Big the Cat allusions in his design, or if it's just a red herring (or extended in-joke, rather).

Further notes: "Dodonpa" seems to be some kind of extant Japanese name or onomatopoeia, as I've seen it in other Japanese-origin media.  I heard that a Famitsu article from last year claimed that his outward appearance wasn't what he really looked like.  And apparently the original ASR had a cut story mode about a mysterious villain kidnapping characters to make them race for his own amusement, and it would've turned out to be Eggman in disguise.

Lots of stuff going on with Dodonpa.  I'm not intrigued enough to get the game by a long chalk, but I do look forward to finding out what his deal is.

3 minutes ago, FFWF said:

He is indeed wearing the skin of a big cat.  I really wonder if there's going to be some kind of payoff to the Big the Cat allusions in his design, or if it's just a red herring (or extended in-joke, rather).

Further notes: "Dodonpa" seems to be some kind of extant Japanese name or onomatopoeia, as I've seen it in other Japanese-origin media.  I heard that a Famitsu article from last year claimed that his outward appearance wasn't what he really looked like.  And apparently the original ASR had a cut story mode about a mysterious villain kidnapping characters to make them race for his own amusement, and it would've turned out to be Eggman in disguise.

Lots of stuff going on with Dodonpa.  I'm not intrigued enough to get the game by a long chalk, but I do look forward to finding out what his deal is.

Unless he's 

Spoiler

Dr. NEGA back from the Ifrit's dimension with a played up interest in games

I hope they keep the extent that revived idea to a  bare minimum.

Why do the racer EggPawns have perma-swarm brows? Look how edgy they are! Who's idea was that lol

Anywho - looking at the screens of Doctors Mine, it certainly looks to fall on the more interesting side of the stages that have been revealed so far. It takes place in the more industrial side of planet Wisp, which is a win for track diversity. Despite being the second planet Wisp entry, it looks nothing like Wisp Circuit.

It also appears to have the giant saws present as a stage hazard - which is good, as well as sections of the track dedicated to racing on walls and on the inside of a cylinder, both of which would be dynamic and welcome.

Still need to see it in motion, but I like what I'm seeing from that level so far.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:29 PM, DabigRG said:

Unless he's 

Hide contents

Dr. NEGA back from the Ifrit's dimension with a played up interest in games

I hope they keep the extent that revived idea to a  bare minimum.

Or Classic Eggman after Mania Plus’s ending, given his body shape. And how nobody who’s dealt with Nega before became suspicious of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

Or Classic Eggman after Mania Plus’s ending, given his body shape. And how nobody who’s dealt with Nega before became suspicious of him.

I still kinda doubt and vaguely dread it's Robotnik.

And Nega would at least be both a surprise and something of an understandable oversight given he hasn't been canonically involved in years in addition to being a little nebulous and/or in the shadows half of the time anyway.

I doubt its classic Eggman if only due to the fact that we haven't seen Classic Sonic yet. No way they would trot out Robotnik and resist the temptation to bring the blue short stack with him for the ride.

8 hours ago, Rowl said:

If this is a disguise, I still think it is Orbot and Cubot. 

Oh yeah. Didn't even consider that.

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I think it's another robot aka Captain Whisker. 

I mean, yeah, that would be the most open reveal.

Unless you're saying it is Whisker, in which case, WHAT A TWEEST!!!

18 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I doubt its classic Eggman if only due to the fact that we haven't seen Classic Sonic yet. No way they would trot out Robotnik and resist the temptation to bring the blue short stack with him for the ride.

Classic Eggman got sucked into the Ruby portal, while Classic Sonic stayed home.

17 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Classic Eggman got sucked into the Ruby portal, while Classic Sonic stayed home.

You expect the narrative of this game to tie directly into the main series?

Cause I sure don't.

• Thumbs Up 2