Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

There was an app in the works by Hardlight, but it was called just "Sonic Racing" presumably with no team gimmick. So I'm not sure about this.

21 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Vector, Silver, and Blaze? Metal Sonic and Zavok? It seems we have no shortage of interactions, right?

...A-are you being sarcastic?

16 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

https://steamdb.info/app/785260/stats/

Steam achievements. Confirms some of the nature of customisation, that the story mode is split into chapters and that Jade Ghost appears to be an "ignore terrain change" powerup. 

Ooh-hoohoohoo--that second one is givin me a little intrigue.

Also, there are apparently multiple vehicle palettes?

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Complete all team mechanics? So just make sure you're doing what you're meant to in a race?

Isn't that how some games in this vain tend to structure some achievements--do this technique and get one?

4 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Or just cartoonishly optimistic. 

Okaaay?

I mean, it's Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose with Omochao & three nonspeaking Chao instead of Cream&Cheese, Silver and Blaze with Vector thrown in, and Eggman and Zavok with the mute Metal. 

There's just a bit of random novelty in there.

The list is actually quite good.

Like I've been saying for months, the game has a lot of mechanics and tactics which if you're able to do really helps your fun mileage with this game.

The fact that you have achievements tied to these moves and one which appears to tie to using them all in one race is a really good way to encourage the player to actually learn what to do.

Even the online ones, there is only one which may cause you problems and that's the GP one, it doesn't try to force the player into too much online co-ordination or requirements. ASRT had this issue with one trophy requiring players to pick specific characters and then try to come in specific positions in a race.

Not to mention all the other online gameplay modes which barely anyone touched even on the first week of launch. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Not to mention all the other online gameplay modes which barely anyone touched even on the first week of launch. 

Hey man Battle Race was the best part about ASRT.

22 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Hey man Battle Race was the best part about ASRT.

Waiting 30min just to start Capture the Chao was not.

Yeah I'm hoping those are just base test achievements. The ones in the ASR series were a lot of fun with easter eggs and references. Anyway, 7 cups in Grand Prix I speculate will mix the zones, since every cup increases difficulty. While the story mode focuses on a team and 1 zone for each chapter, as the map indicates, yeah every chapter might focus on a different team similar to Sonic Battle, while it progresses the storyline, kind of like World Tour in ASRT but with a story, with the possible pattern:

Team Sonic, Rose, Vector, Dark, Eggman, Sonic again and Last with everyone.

Edit: wait, more info:

- Hard difficulty

- "Tricky tracks"?

- Online Grand Prix

- Stars to obtain via missions, likely

- Keys to collect?

- Obvious customization stuff

No mention of unlocking content, uhm... For no spoilers I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

There are apparently seven chapters (one per theme). Three tracks per chapter would be a bit short, so maybe they'll throw in some missions or variations.

EggmanSpinsOutSonicThreeTimes is interesting, giving the players some incentive to play as a another character and try different mechanics out, although it seems underutilized if there are no further achievements in that vein.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, Son-icka said:

So... this appeared on my Facebook feed today.

The main page for TSR isn’t fully developed but the links do take you to directly SEGA’s store front on the App Store as well.

It’s hardly a stretch to believe the game was going to come to phones as well. But either the app is actually out very soon or the page ads are just showing this by mistake.

8E7020FB-4CB1-4E55-869C-DB61C3DDA7FA.jpeg

0E0E449A-52E8-4632-B3AC-44EAF3223375.jpeg

Does this mobile counterpart mean potential expansions on the roster via updates? Given that past mobile games have done that. But at the same time, Sega nowadays has become more conservative in their character use compared to the days of Runners.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone remember when there was an official SUMO rep who would answer questions in the forums about ASRT on occassion? (aka S0L)

Or how about the contest for fans to submit graffiti art to be used in the game...

Doesn't seem like there is a lot of fan interaction with the development of this game in comparison, does there?... 😕

• Thumbs Up 2

They got driven off in the middle of the ASRT leadup due to how much abuse they were getting. I was there and I remember that clear as day. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

They got driven off in the middle of the ASRT leadup due to how much abuse they were getting. I was there and I remember that clear as day. 

Huh... don't recall it being that way at all. Seemed to inspire fairly civil dicussion from what I remember.

Perhaps I need to go back and revisit these threads haha

Edit: On another note, I seem to recall most of the speculation and feedback towards new info on and about the development of ASRT to have been well-received by the forum members, at the time... Possibly even conjuring up interactions that could be percieved as constructive... but that could be viewed through some sort of glasses with a bit of a rose-like tint to them.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I believe the shit show happened at the SEGA Forums, not here. 

I recall a bit of that stuff. Lots of people seemed upset with that fan poll they were doing, like a few distinct people really drilled him on the character choices of the game and exclusions he was making to the poll at the time. I also remember some users there being upset about the DLC characters, that some felt General Winter and Willimus weren't fitting additions. Kinda sucks providing free content to your users, only to have so many of them tell you "nothing would be better than this", huh?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

5 hours ago, EmmBee said:

I recall a bit of that stuff. Lots of people seemed upset with that fan poll they were doing, like a few distinct people really drilled him on the character choices of the game and exclusions he was making to the poll at the time. I also remember some users there being upset about the DLC characters, that some felt General Winter and Willimus weren't fitting additions. Kinda sucks providing free content to your users, only to have so many of them tell you "nothing would be better than this", huh?

It’s also seven years later. And a different division of Sumo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Shadow said:

While Aaron posts memes, Famitsu has some new screenshots along with old ones from the last TSR issue:

https://s.famitsu.com/news/201902/13171815.html

Translation states that we have a new zone, called Doctor's Mine.

The caption below the pic of Zavoks ingame dialogue states that he's here for a different purpose...

Egg Pawns are a part of Team Eggman apparently albeit NPCS.

Doctor's Mine is a part of Planet Wisp, with breaking roads and terrain.

25 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

Translation states that we have a new zone, called Doctor's Mine.

The caption below the pic of Zavoks ingame dialogue states that he's here for a different purpose...

Egg Pawns are a part of Team Eggman apparently albeit NPCS.

Doctor's Mine is a part of Planet Wisp, with breaking roads and terrain.

Plus Cubot appears in the story, and there is a Lava Mountain track in the Ice world. Hopefully with either its theme from Runners or Lost World final boss music.