Jump to content
Ryannumber1gamer

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Recommended Posts

Sypro actually had one game that is almost as terrible as 06. It was called Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. Not as a horrible game as Sonic 06, but still pretty glitchy and buggy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Crash and Spyro are still respected because they do not have a Sonic 2006 equivalent...

Um... I wouldn't really go that far in being respected. I dunno where you were when Crash has been made a joke of in the past in collegehumor and dorkly videos and even Sonic for Hire where as Spyro has been made into a abomination for Skylanders angering many people by his design and even so far as having his name be in the title despite him not really being the focus and then also as brought up in the last comment his own glitch fest mess of a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Now I love Crash, but still there are reasons to criticize this game, just like any other:

1. This is a remake, meaning most of the stuff gets remade with a few new features only, this is the opposte of TSR, which has to do most of the content from scratch and brand new.

I just would like to point out this. This isn't entirely true. There's a lot of stuff pulled from the other All-Stars Racing games: cars, characters and objects models, in-game graphics and assets. Also likely stuff pulled / rigged from other Sonic recent games... I'd say, save from the level design (obviously), making TSR was about the same or even LESS work than CTR: NF considering the later only had the vastly outdated (graphically) PS1 game as a basis. Now if TSR team pulled something from the GENESIS games, that would be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually more interested in TSR because it's at least a new game. The amount of recycled content is very bad, but at least most of it is new.

I'm utterly bored to tears of remakes. I'm only interested in this one because I adored CTR beyond belief when it first came out, but I really do not like the Crash remake style. I think it just looks terrible, especially when compared to Spyro. I know I'm alone in thinking this, but I really do prefer the poly look of Crash,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jango said:

Now if TSR team pulled something from the GENESIS games, that would be interesting.

Or even tracks from Rush Adventure, just imagine if that did happen. That would be great because those would be the 1st time we see those levels in HD 3D graphics. Plus they could even be applied to the next Modern Sonic game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 12:18 PM, Rowl said:

Sypro actually had one game that is almost as terrible as 06. It was called Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. Not as a horrible game as Sonic 06, but still pretty glitchy and buggy. 

Also you may want to add to that Spyro Shadow Legacy too which was a heavily flawed game in bringing in rpg elements and most notably the collision detection was horrid. It was the final game in the original continuity which really ought to say something. Not to mention the Shadow Realm theme for a kids game is just seriously what the hell were they thinking with that Silent Hill like music!?

Though speaking of hand-held Spyro games I actually back as a kid didn't mind the first two gba Spyro games Season of Ice and Flame though even they weren't completely well received but were in the middle ground in being passable is what I think and what I believe to be the general consensus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then there’s stuff like Earthworm Jim 3D and Nuts & Bolts, which so far seem to have spelled a definitive end for their franchises (Bubsy did come back as an irony-fueled zombie decades later).

 

On the other hand, is ANYONE interested in the new character interactions presented here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

And then there’s stuff like Earthworm Jim 3D and Nuts & Bolts, which so far seem to have spelled a definitive end for their franchises (Bubsy did come back as an irony-fueled zombie decades later).

 

On the other hand, is ANYONE interested in the new character interactions presented here? 

...Not exactly? But not completely indifferent either?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

And then there’s stuff like Earthworm Jim 3D and Nuts & Bolts, which so far seem to have spelled a definitive end for their franchises (Bubsy did come back as an irony-fueled zombie decades later).

 

On the other hand, is ANYONE interested in the new character interactions presented here? 

Where? I'm interested in the Chao interacting, they are like a family.

Anyway, the more I see gameplay of CTR, the more they seem on par for different reasons with TSR:

- Crash has the advantage on graphics and animations, love put into it I suppose, it feels more alive, but the gameplay is kind of samey, it plays safe, even the fact that it's a remake gives it away, obviously.

- TSR has a new gameplay, which could or may not work, it really depends on what we'll see, they certainly took their sweet time to polish it, but perhaps people just want to have fun and enjoy a traditional gameplay?

- Content is the same, 15 characters with the potential to add more, and 16 (or is it 18?) tracks with more incoming likely. Now the difference is that Sonic uses only some of its characters, they could add 15 more even without resorting to Classic cast, since they are more popular as well, so yeah it plays it safe, meanwhile CTR uses all of his cast and makes it playable.

- Tracks… eh, I've seen gameplay multiple times for Crash, I don't see how the track design is far superior to Sonic, wide open tracks doesn't make it empty, with the team gameplay and wisps there is already plenty of actions going on, but I've seen some risky routes as well. Crash has ok level design too, but nothing special in either game.

The one thing that bugs me is that apparently they put more love into CTRNF, Sonic deserves that too IMO. Other than that… Crash is just prettier. I don't see a big difference, and I'm not declaring any of the games suck or one is better than the other. Just my 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... this appeared on my Facebook feed today.

The main page for TSR isn’t fully developed but the links do take you to directly SEGA’s store front on the App Store as well.

It’s hardly a stretch to believe the game was going to come to phones as well. But either the app is actually out very soon or the page ads are just showing this by mistake.

8E7020FB-4CB1-4E55-869C-DB61C3DDA7FA.jpeg

0E0E449A-52E8-4632-B3AC-44EAF3223375.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Where? I'm interested in the Chao interacting, they are like a family.

Anyway, the more I see gameplay of CTR, the more they seem on par for different reasons with TSR:

- Crash has the advantage on graphics and animations, love put into it I suppose, it feels more alive, but the gameplay is kind of samey, it plays safe, even the fact that it's a remake gives it away, obviously.

- TSR has a new gameplay, which could or may not work, it really depends on what we'll see, they certainly took their sweet time to polish it, but perhaps people just want to have fun and enjoy a traditional gameplay?

- Content is the same, 15 characters with the potential to add more, and 16 (or is it 18?) tracks with more incoming likely. Now the difference is that Sonic uses only some of its characters, they could add 15 more even without resorting to Classic cast, since they are more popular as well, so yeah it plays it safe, meanwhile CTR uses all of his cast and makes it playable.

- Tracks… eh, I've seen gameplay multiple times for Crash, I don't see how the track design is far superior to Sonic, wide open tracks doesn't make it empty, with the team gameplay and wisps there is already plenty of actions going on, but I've seen some risky routes as well. Crash has ok level design too, but nothing special in either game.

The one thing that bugs me is that apparently they put more love into CTRNF, Sonic deserves that too IMO. Other than that… Crash is just prettier. I don't see a big difference, and I'm not declaring any of the games suck or one is better than the other. Just my 2 cents.

Vector, Silver, and Blaze? Metal Sonic and Zavok? It seems we have no shortage of interactions, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Vector, Silver, and Blaze? Metal Sonic and Zavok? It seems we have no shortage of interactions, right?

...A-are you being sarcastic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

https://steamdb.info/app/785260/stats/

Steam achievements. Confirms some of the nature of customisation, that the story mode is split into chapters and that Jade Ghost appears to be an "ignore terrain change" powerup. 

Ooh-hoohoohoo--that second one is givin me a little intrigue.

Also, there are apparently multiple vehicle palettes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Complete all team mechanics? So just make sure you're doing what you're meant to in a race?

Isn't that how some games in this vain tend to structure some achievements--do this technique and get one?

4 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Or just cartoonishly optimistic. 

Okaaay?

I mean, it's Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose with Omochao & three nonspeaking Chao instead of Cream&Cheese, Silver and Blaze with Vector thrown in, and Eggman and Zavok with the mute Metal. 

There's just a bit of random novelty in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list is actually quite good.

Like I've been saying for months, the game has a lot of mechanics and tactics which if you're able to do really helps your fun mileage with this game.

The fact that you have achievements tied to these moves and one which appears to tie to using them all in one race is a really good way to encourage the player to actually learn what to do.

 

Even the online ones, there is only one which may cause you problems and that's the GP one, it doesn't try to force the player into too much online co-ordination or requirements. ASRT had this issue with one trophy requiring players to pick specific characters and then try to come in specific positions in a race.


Not to mention all the other online gameplay modes which barely anyone touched even on the first week of launch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Not to mention all the other online gameplay modes which barely anyone touched even on the first week of launch. 

Hey man Battle Race was the best part about ASRT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.