Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

25 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Plus Cubot appears in the story, and there is a Lava Mountain track in the Ice world. Hopefully with either its theme from Runners or Lost World final boss music.

Yo good one, Lava Mountain's music in Sonic Runners is lit. In Lost World tho'.... Ew. But the boss music is alright.

8 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

While Aaron posts memes, Famitsu has some new screenshots along with old ones from the last TSR issue:

https://s.famitsu.com/news/201902/13171815.html

Zabok

Technic

race in the middle of a race in a race machine  

Overwork Sonic    

Battle Ethinicity Zetti Warrior

Egg Pong

Gramercy    

Still, neat to see confirmation Zavok is here for his own reasons.

Also

l_5c62993d3cc31.jpg

6 hours ago, Jango said:

Yo good one, Lava Mountain's music in Sonic Runners is lit. In Lost World tho'.... Ew. But the boss music is alright.

They could also remix it. With or without dubstep.

5 hours ago, Tyranno said:

Appropos of nothing, I hope given the recent controversy, it's not too late for Sega to replace Vic Mignogna as Omega in this game.

Sigh...

It was only a matter of time. :sweat_smile:

7 hours ago, Tyranno said:

Appropos of nothing, I hope given the recent controversy, it's not too late for Sega to replace Vic Mignogna as Omega in this game.

Sega are probably too cheap to do that. 

I absolutely love the track design in this image where the track go's in to a half pipe and you can choose the upper half and stay on solid road or the lower half for the jump where the pipe brakes. The jumps in TSR look substantially better than other Sonic Racers so far.

z_5c62993d2b6d3.jpg

20 hours ago, Tyranno said:

I would definitely hope so. Unfortunately, as Miragnarok said, I think SEGA is too cheap.

Just now, Jango said:

What controversy you guys are on about?

Vic Mignogna, the voice of Omega among many others, has had many allegations made against him, which get worse by the day. He's been really creepy to fans he meets, hugging creepily, kissing some, attempted rape apparently, bad feelings towards LGBT and many others. Its really come to a head since everyone is talking about him as Broly right now. He has had a lot of companys move away from him, including Funimation. I can't imagine Sega would rerecord lines, its too late and the gae can't be delayed anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh sheesh, just read about it, what the heck... I suppose they can re-record Omega's lines, there's plenty of time still. Shouldn't be that troublesome.

He voiced a lot of characters, rather big VA. But you know the old saying, the bigger they are...

3 hours ago, Jango said:

He voiced a lot of characters, rather big VA. But you know the old saying, the bigger they are...

That's really where this gets super disheartening and yet surreal.

And this is a B-list Dub VA we're talking about this time!

14 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I absolutely love the track design in this image where the track go's in to a half pipe and you can choose the upper half and stay on solid road or the lower half for the jump where the pipe brakes. The jumps in TSR look substantially better than other Sonic Racers so far.

z_5c62993d2b6d3.jpg

Where is Omochao seated in that thing, btw?

14 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

At the back of the car, you can see the head propeller at the very bottom. 

Oh, okay. I just would've assumed that was another part of the car. Thanks!

How does he/she see, though?

On 2/12/2019 at 9:30 AM, Jack the Shadow said:

While Aaron posts memes, Famitsu has some new screenshots along with old ones from the last TSR issue:

https://s.famitsu.com/news/201902/13171815.html

This is the kind of rhetoric that drives people to be dicks to SEGA staff on social media. Who knows what kind of restrictions Aaron is under?

Well, hey, Cubot's in the game. And he even speaks. That's neat.

I wonder if other non-playable characters will have a PNG of themselves from the internet thrown up in there so they could pass a few lines of dialogue by. 

... Like Orbot!

5 hours ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

This is the kind of rhetoric that drives people to be dicks to SEGA staff on social media. Who knows what kind of restrictions Aaron is under?

I doubt it's on him. Maybe SoA? I still don't like that only memes are posted, I don't buy the restrictions either, because Japan does a lot to promote the game. So yeah, I didn't directly mock Aaron, but the intention was to roast him with a non-offensive comment.

Still images... really? I doubt that the story will be that complex, that the character will have that much dialogue. They really could have used voice acting and animated models. Once again, Crash Team Racing will also win this battle. Even back then with the original game, they actually had spoken dialogues for the characters and moving models. 

10 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I wonder if other non-playable characters will have a PNG of themselves from the internet thrown up in there so they could pass a few lines of dialogue by. 

... Like Orbot!

Ch'yeah, seriously. :lol: 

Guess it makes sense though, since they may not be playable.

4 hours ago, Rowl said:

Still images... really? I doubt that the story will be that complex, that the character will have that much dialogue. They really could have used voice acting and animated models. Once again, Crash Team Racing will also win this battle. Even back then with the original game, they actually had spoken dialogues for the characters and moving models. 

Is there an indication that there isn't voice acting there?

Also, based on Zavok there, I wanna assume those are technically the models set to some default animation for the cutscenes. After all, Cubot(and presumably Orbot) is just a reused promo image, while the other characters presumably have full body models in-game for the award ceremonies and apparently alternative rides.

Either way, I hope they have emotes for certain scenes.

It'd be really weird for them to not have voice acting for the story mode when characters already talk a lot during the races, so I kinda doubt that will be the case.

If that is the case tho, then lmao this game.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Also, based on Zavok there, I wanna assume those are technically the models set to some default animation for the cutscenes. After all, Cubot(and presumably Orbot) is just a reused promo image, while the other characters presumably have full body models in-game for the award ceremonies and apparently alternative rides.

There are two story mode Eggman images in the Famitsu batch, facing from opposite sides of the screen.  I flipped one of them, compared it to the other, and I'm pretty sure the pose is absolutely identical.  It seems unlikely that two screenshots on a model even with a default "breathing" animation (a.k.a. weirdly pulsating) would capture exactly the same frame, so I'm fairly confident they're still images.  Somebody more technically proficient than me could probably prove it, though.

7 hours ago, Rowl said:

At least Free Riders had voice acting used for the images. This game will most likely do not have this as well. 

There's like no real reason for you to think this.

17 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

... Like Orbot!

At least a PNG with dialogue is better than nothing, especially given these may be new PNGs (hmm... sounds an awful lot like the comic or Sonic Channel but in 3D CGi)...

Wait, Cubot’s a reused PNG from Colors, which is nearly a decade old. 

Well; at least it’s SOMETHING. I was afraid that Sega were getting really conservative with characters. 

I'd hope for a few other CG ones besides an intro and ending...but Marza has their hands full with not only the Sonic movie, but with a bunch of other one's they've announced to be a part of. First one to come to mind is that monkey prince one.

• Thumbs Up 1