Ryannumber1gamer

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

What in the world. I had no idea dreadknux was still around

A new @Testbish status when

Live Action Trailer for the Game. Better than the movie? Lol.:

Also, Arby’s posted this.:

• Thumbs Up 5

Now that's a pretty cool trailer. TSR "Supermarket Sweep" style 😁

Having a Iizuka cameo was fine, but the close up of him wasn't necessary-looked weird.

Anyway, got my copy (PS4). 

Team Sonic Racing includes a mini physical manual and a leaflet advertising Mania (but not Forces lol). This made my day. Sure it's a really small thing, but I love this.

• Thumbs Up 2

I’ve gotta say, online is really infuriating me. Not because of the players, or losses or what have you - but because of the matchmaking. It automatically forces a game to start after 90 seconds, no matter who or how many is in the lobby. On top of that, there is no fucking semblance of team balancing. I ended up the second player in a lobby alone on a team, and two others joined - BOTH of them being paired into the first player’s team. What this meant was I was placed solo against three actual players and got stuck with two CPU as teammates,

On top of that, the CPU in online mode just sucks, and usually handicaps your team.

Playing on Switch. The entire UI broke after the first race... Text is missing, textures don't appear at all. Welp 

Finally got back with the game. Will start the Story in a minute or so.

How long is the campaign on average?

I like the game, but maybe its just me  but the handling and driving feels way more clunky and annoying than transformed.

I also fnd the weapons are really annoying.

9 minutes ago, Plasme said:

I like the game, but maybe its just me  but the handling and driving feels way more clunky and annoying than transformed.

I also fnd the weapons are really annoying.

Handling is taking more getting used to than I expected, but it's not bad. I'm also playing Knuckles a lot, and his handling is poor by default.

And I'm liking the weapons so far. They're essential to the experience of this game, and are a constant part of it. Very different to ASRT where the focus was on raw driving skill and sometimes turning off items made the game better. It's different though, and I can understand my liking them.

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Handling is taking more getting used to than I expected, but it's not bad. I'm also playing Knuckles a lot, and his handling is poor by default.

I’ve been playing speed characters primarily and haven’t had much of a problem. Took a race or two to get used to but nothing awful.

So I decided to do a quick Exhibition Match on Wisp Circuit with Team Sonic just to get a real idea of what I'm getting into. No sooner than the starting line does it sink it that I had no clue; the other racers engines would spark every second and on a whim I found that RT is the gas rather than A as the race kicked off.

I'm off to a great start.

6 hours ago, StaticMania said:

No it wasn't, plenty of games do it....

It just doesn't belong in a racing game.

Or just story mode only.

The Crash racing games pull it off just fine. It makes the races more lively and competitcare. It's way better than grunting and screams or whatever the Mario crew makes.

Also, I noticed that I could've selected any character/Team off the bat, including Team Eggman. Didn't someone say you have to unlock the other characters?

Does anyone have any tips for Ring Challenge 2 on Planet Wisp (it’s in chapter 2 of story), it’s driving me fucking crazy trying to do it.

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Also, I noticed that I could've selected any character/Team off the bat, including Team Eggman. Didn't someone say you have to unlock the other characters?

Pretty sure unlocking the characters is only for the story.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Does anyone have any tips for Ring Challenge 2 on Planet Wisp (it’s in chapter 2 of story), it’s driving me fucking crazy trying to do it.

Use someone who’s drift you can handle; for me it was Big also try to drift into every ring possible especially those long strings of rings.

Remember in the original ASR? How some fans tried to get an online lobby full of Big the Cats using a glitch?

Well... I've been waiting nearly 9 years to do this lol

Skip to 7:58 for when the madness starts... But we actually get organised at 12:00 and drive in full Big the Cat formation.

This is followed by us all playing as Knuckles and exploring Boo's house.

Also during this stream we found possibly the most obscure reference in the whole game. Skip to 1:12:40. I start to play the horns... Well... Sonic's horn is actually a reference to Sonic Spinball, it's part of the music used for the Sega chime when you start that game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, just finished Team Adventure Mode, so I can safely say the game is decent by the fact that I did so on day of release, basically played it all day.

It's a good little game, nothing special but plays well, as expected. Unfortunately I can't agree with Mayor D, Sonicka or a few others about the re-used tracks... for me they really stick out compared to the massive variety and spectacle of the newer tracks. The fact that they have new music definitely helps though. They're still fun to play, but they definitely don't feel like they might as well be new tracks. Mario Kart 8's GBA tracks they ain't.

The difficulty of story mode is also a little off-putting - most of it is fine, but towards the end I was BARELY scraping past some races as my CPU teammates constantly held me back. I'd spend almost every race in 1st the whole time without ever using Wisps, just constantly offering them to my teammates to 1. help them out and 2. build my ultimate meter faster. Said teammates would spend most of the race in 4th place or lower, I'd activate my team ultimate, they'd magically catch up to me in 2nd and 3rd for about 30 seconds before dropping back down again. In the end my tactic was to mostly repeat this, saving my team ultimate for the last 30 seconds of a race or just using it as a damage-control/get-out-of-jail free card when another team used their team ultimate to catch up to me.

In addition, I just don't GET the checkpoint post skimming missions or the ring-grabbing missions. For most of these I could barely make Bronze medals (with a few exceptions) and I can't fathom how one would get Platinum - especially in the checkpoint post ones where there is no way to add time to the clock. Honestly the idea of 100%ing the story mode seems so daunting that I probably won't even try.

Music is great though they might have spoiled a few too many bangers ahead of time. Hidden Volcano and Clockwork Pyramid were a bit disappointing, sounding just like bland generic Jun Senoue rock of average intensity with nothing that really screamed their mood or environment. Pinball Highway and Sky Road are interesting but fell a bit flat for me melody-wise, not as cool as the visuals. Luckily at least, Lost Palace, Frozen Junkyard, Haunted Castle and Thunder Deck were all great. The remixes overall are good at worst and amazing at best. Planet Wisp's songs were all great but a little similar to each other.

The story was fine, unfortunately it failed to make me last much, but seeing the extended cast interact with each other a bunch was still enjoyable. Omega never being acknowledged, Metal Sonic's lack of fanfare and Zavok's lack of explanation for being there and being Eggman's ally again were all kinda lame. Blaze and Silver getting some much needed time to be themselves was VERY appreciated though (in particular confirmation that Silver is definitely as much of a dweeb in game canon as he is in the comics, good).

Yet to try out online races, hopefully the teamplay mechanics will feel more satisfying when I know it's a human making decisions on the other end, and not a stupid CPU player who spent the entire last lap of a survival race in 6th place while ignoring my item offers and never using the item they DID have.

Overall I'd say it's definitely weaker overall than Transformed, mainly for track variety and basic gameplay. The team mechanics are an interesting idea, but the vehicle transformations of ASRT were more fun overall. I don't care about the SEGA stuff and am glad this is a Sonic-only affair, but the downgrade back to ASR's zones with 3-tracks-each-style is lamer than ASRT's whole game of individual tracks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my goodness, these cutscenes.

18 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

Pretty sure unlocking the characters is only for the story.

Oh, okay. I suppose that makes sense.

Are they divided into separate campaigns?

13 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh my goodness, these cutscenes.

Oh, okay. I suppose that makes sense.

Are they divided into separate campaigns?

Nah, it's one campaign. You're free to use any character you like for any stage too, regardless of whether the cut-scene beforehand implies that a particular character is racing.

33 minutes ago, knuckles20 said:

Use someone who’s drift you can handle; for me it was Big also try to drift into every ring possible especially those long strings of rings.

The drift isn’t the problem, the problem is no matter who I use, or what I try, I either can’t get to the second lap, or barely do and don’t have enough time for the second lap to finish it, I don’t know what is being done wrong.

They bought back Traffic Attack!!!! 😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬🤬 

If I come across those tank missions I WILL cry.

Well, I encountered what is my first major bug - during the first Traffic Attack race in the second world, if you retry, it’ll cause robots from your previous attempt to not be despawned properly - specifically - if you run into the score robots. They’ll be frozen upon your second try, but will still have hit detection. You won’t get points from them, but you will be stunned and hit, if you run into them, like normal. This is bad as it can happen literally in the middle of the road where you need to drive to get the score bots that work properly.

Regarding the ring missions... always drift into the rings. It doubles the bonus time you get from them.

The drifting missions are quite hard, for the planet wisp stage. Take the centre route it's easier.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, I encountered what is my first major bug - during the first Traffic Attack race in the second world, if you retry, it’ll cause robots from your previous attempt to not be despawned properly - specifically - if you run into the score robots. They’ll be frozen upon your second try, but will still have hit detection. You won’t get points from them, but you will be stunned and hit, if you run into them, like normal. This is bad as it can happen literally in the middle of the road where you need to drive to get the score bots that work properly.

Oh so its not just me this is happening too then?