Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

Big's problem...again is the voice.

It's quite monotonous.

Sonic Heroes had the best Big voice.

Is it just me or are the CPU racers really unforgiving even on the lowest setting? Especially noticed this in non team races.  I would be in first for the better part of a lap but after hitting a single obstacle or being hit by an item, often getting sent to eighth or ninth place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so the power characters aren't useless as I thought the gand just does a really bad job of explaining them.

You have to build them into top speed and boost powerhouses.

Dodon Pa is basically Oxide, Velo and Von Clutch mixed into one package...and painted with a Tanuki skin for good measure. 

Also I like the fact the implication is that team Chaotix interacted with each other more than team Vector despite them not being in the game. 

That being said

Big asserting that kings are good...I'm pretty sure this guy knows who Bowser is, there's no excuse Big.

15 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

....Whew, y'all are really selling me on this game.

It's no Transformed but it's still a fun game, and for those who favor Skill over item spam like Mario Kart does......granted the game can still get pretty chaotic

I really hate the Eggpawn Assault missions, no matter what your build, if you get hit, you literally just stop in place for seconds, one hit is enough to mess up a platinum run.

This game is way more item spammy than Mario Kart. You get blasted to hell with items and ultimates constantly and have to keep avoiding them. I get hit by 4 items and a ultimate once and lost 6 places at the end of a race.

2 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

Is it just me or are the CPU racers really unforgiving even on the lowest setting? Especially noticed this in non team races.  I would be in first for the better part of a lap but after hitting a single obstacle or being hit by an item, often getting sent to eighth or ninth place.

It’s called Rubber Banding. It’s been an issue in practically every Kart Racer ever. I’ve only noticed it not being as bad in like Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Team Racing. MK8D depends on the ai difficulty mode (normal and hard are bearable).

I've got to say - the online is really killing my enjoyment of the game. The problem is I like the online, when you can get a balanced match with a fair number of people, but it's absolutely atrocious when it comes to matchmaking and balance.

In the near majority of my matches - all of my matches are the same - join a lobby - multiple people are already in it. One team is full with actual players, the other players are placed into their own separate teams instead of together so they can at least make up a team while the other two teams are held by AIs. The results of this is always the same - one team completely curbstomps everyone else because the AI in this game is completely worthless, every game I've played, no matter how many items I give them, or how many slingshots I set up, my AI teammates are always either between 10th to 12th place.

It's just frustrating beyond belief.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I really hate the Eggpawn Assault missions, no matter what your build, if you get hit, you literally just stop in place for seconds, one hit is enough to mess up a platinum run.

Nooooo it's not....

The pink ones will stop you dead because they have the spike wisp on, the red ones only do if you linger too long an get caught in the bomb wisp blast.

But you can and in most missions you have to physically impact the pawns otherwise it's just not possible to do it.

14 minutes ago, Conando said:

It’s called Rubber Banding. It’s been an issue in practically every Kart Racer ever. I’ve only noticed it not being as bad in like Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Team Racing. MK8D depends on the ai difficulty mode (normal and hard are bearable).

Im aware of rubber-banding, but it really does seem really strict on normal mode and compared to the last games.

9 hours ago, Plasme said:

I'm wondering what the defence stat specifically means because Power characters seem to get affected by items like everyone else. Do I have to mod them to get their defence stats through the roof?

Because otherwise the Power types are complete garbage. They are slow, handle horribly and always come last. No one online even plays as them. Not great considering the game has such a tiny roster.

To me, Power characters have only really been bad either when there's a lot of difficult terrain and/or in the case of stages like the Clock Tower or Survival Challenges, when I'm not playing as them.

Yeah, once you realise you are supposed to max out the power characters' boost, sperd and defence stat then they are a lot more fun.

Maybe I was dumb for not realising that, but the game doesnt communicate it at all.

I ain't been keeping up with this discussion for the past couple of days because of PS Productions. But can anyone confirm if Infinite is in TSR?

I swear this game's story has ADD or something.

1 minute ago, Plasme said:

Yeah, once you realise you are supposed to max out the power characters' boost, sperd and defence stat then they are a lot more fun.

Maybe I was dumb for not realising that, but the game doesnt communicate it at all.

Oh yeah, you can upgrade your characters. Haven't bothered with that yet.

7 minutes ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

I ain't been keeping up with this discussion for the past couple of days because of PS Productions. But can anyone confirm if Infinite is in TSR?

Spoiler

He ain't here, son.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

That's odd. Then I wonder why all the Phantom Ruby hints then?

24 minutes ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:
  Hide contents

That's odd. Then I wonder why all the Phantom Ruby hints then?

What hints?

There really aren't any. In fact there really aren't many real secrets in this game at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because the alternative has the probability of making the AI always take the optimal route and avoid everything.

Are we sure that this game has rubber banding?

Just that I was under the impression both ASR and ASRT didn't use it.

Also... Infinite isn't in the game... But technically the Phantom Ruby is... do a custom local race and watch how the racers get onto the track.

• Thumbs Up 1