Jump to content
Ryannumber1gamer

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Recommended Posts

For those who are still having trouble with the side missions.
 

I did most of them in this stream. Time stamps are as follows.

Destruction Stage 5-10 7:23 (Here I show a way to absolutely cheese the stage, pretty much a guaranteed platinum medal.

Ring Challenge Stage 1-6 10:00 (Here I explain the 'snaking' drift method which makes ring challenges much easier, as well as air drift moves to get more rings + time.

Ring Challenge Stage 2-6 15:20 (I explain in a lot of details how to beat this stage, and show you can beat it even if you make A LOT of mistakes.)

Ring Challenge Stage 2-2 19:18 (This one takes me a few attempts, I explain in a few laps how to do it including how to drift between rings to pick up double the amount, you can see my route never changes, it's just a case of practice)

Ring Challenge Stage 3-3 32:00 (Quite a difficult one, follow my route, and take my advice in the later attempts about not pulling air tricks.)

Ring Challenge Stage 5-8 43:57 (Takes a few attempts, all about mastering the drifts on this one).

Ring Challenge Stage 7-9 58:00 (Quite hard, took me a good few attempts, the route is easy, but you have to be quite accurate in the pyramid at the start).

 

Daredevil Stage 1-5 1:13:30 (It's quite easy if you strictly follow the route I take).

Daredevil Stage 3-4 1:20:30 (There are 4 possible routes you can take, the route I take is the easiest, but it will take you a few attempts to get the red then yellow zones right.)

Daredevil Stage 4-8 1:35:15 (It's actually not that hard, there is one section which is tricky due to a hidden dash pad right by the checkpoint, do it on my first attempt.)

Daredevil Stage 5-3 1:41:00 (This is the easiest daredevil stage, you can completely lose your multiplier near the end and you'll still do it. But you MUST hit the red checkpoint before the balloon bounce. Otherwise you'll lose your multiplier, I do this one twice just to show how easy it is.)

Daredevil Stage 6-9 1:46:20 (The hardest Daredevil mission in the game, takes me a VERY long time to beat it. The route barely changes so skip to the last 3 runs and you can see which route I take and how I eventually do it.)

 

Hope some of you find this useful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was playing through the first three Grand Prixs today and this is the first time I've ever played as Metal and race on Pinball Highway.

4 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

@DabigRG Because Orbot and Cubot are really, really awful and unfunny characters in the story. From my point of view, they're just annoying. Take someone like Omochao though, and he was barely a character in previous games and was instead just annoying exposition. But in this game, he just meshes so well with the teamplay mechanic and tone. He's a pretty likeable and fun character. I'm much happier seeing him in play over Cream. Nothing against Cream personally... She's just dull. Kinda like all of Zavok's story appearances in every game he's been in.

Oh.

Oh....

4 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I had a good chuckle when Tails blurted out that he was banned from one of the Casino stages for counting cards. Blaze too commented how she had to try really hard and focus to not get distracted by the pretty lights (total cat cliche lol). The character banter for the most part was extremely well done. I was sure I would be sprinting for the mute button after five mins of playtime, but it has remained charming and endearing to the environment.

I love hearing other characters scream at me while they are tailgating and attempting to pass. It adds a nice friendly sense of road rage that comes with the territory for these games.

I don't recall that one, but then I never played Pinball Highway until today, to my knowledge. Eggman's apparently banned unfairly from all of them, though.

Eh, hate to join in either way, but that just sounds like a miscalculation offshooting from the Shitty Friends and anti-Modern stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I'm having that feeling again. The one where people are saying the race I lost was actually super easy.

Oh deary me. 

I mean it wasn't easy, I definitely dipped in and out of 1st place regularly, but Zavok and Metal Sonic were much bigger threats than Eggman, heck, I saw Egg Pawns trying to overtake me more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Grand Prix mode so eager to mix the teams? And often in ways that don't make sense. 

I had to reset twice previously in order to get a team I either liked or was simply balanced. So when I clicked Blaze for the fourth one and after literally partnered me up with Sonic and Shadow on the first retry, I just said fuck it. 

Won First Place as a Team in most of the races. Huh. 

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

I mean it wasn't easy, I definitely dipped in and out of 1st place regularly, but Zavok and Metal Sonic were much bigger threats than Eggman, heck, I saw Egg Pawns trying to overtake me more often.

Its almost like it's a big tin can slapped over a little race kart. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that Grand Prix gives you totally random teams, but it would be nice if you could tell it to balance character types or not. There's not much advantage to a team of just power or just speed types that I can think of, but a team with all technique types gives everyone access to off-road shortcuts that you can slingshot through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For characters that weren't in the game, what would their Vehicle Type and favorite Wisp be?

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

I like that Grand Prix gives you totally random teams, but it would be nice if you could tell it to balance character types or not. There's not much advantage to a team of just power or just speed types that I can think of, but a team with all technique types gives everyone access to off-road shortcuts that you can slingshot through. 

Yeah, though selection of any sort would be nice in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing TSR  a ton and really like it , is it better than Transformed? mmmmmmmm I'm not sure , in some ways yes in others no.

Anyway, One thing that's been bugging me is why cant you have all the custom paint jobs be included in the same race rather than just for the car that you're using? I've spent a fair amount of time decking these cars out and to not to be able to see all of them in the same event seems like a missed opportunity. Anyone else feel the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

I've been playing TSR  a ton and really like it , is it better than Transformed? mmmmmmmm I'm not sure , in some ways yes in others no.

Anyway, One thing that's been bugging me is why cant you have all the custom paint jobs be included in the same race rather than just for the car that you're using? I've spent a fair amount of time decking these cars out and to not to be able to see all of them in the same event seems like a missed opportunity. Anyone else feel the same?

I haven't bothered with customizing yet, so I wouldn't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played the Casino stages as Tails so many times and never once got any comment about him counting cards.

Immediately, I switch to Eggman and the first thing out of his mouth is "I've been unfairly banned from all these casinos."

I feel like that was a rare case of me getting lucky. Most of the dialogue I'm getting seems to be repeats. For the most part at least.

There was a moment where I got hit by Big and Big's response was "THEY told me to do that, Eggman."

Immediately, he's making sure that everyone knows he's actually really nice and he was told by Amy and those meanie Chao to attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I played the Casino stages as Tails so many times and never once got any comment about him counting cards.

Immediately, I switch to Eggman and the first thing out of his mouth is "I've been unfairly banned from all these casinos."

I feel like that was a rare case of me getting lucky. Most of the dialogue I'm getting seems to be repeats. For the most part at least.

No, I got the Eggman line as well and that was my first time playing that level period.

 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

 

There was a moment where I got hit by Big and Big's response was "THEY told me to do that, Eggman."

Immediately, he's making sure that everyone knows he's actually really nice and he was told by Amy and those meanie Chao to attack.

Yeah, Big is really chill.

"I'll come back and fix that later."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm writing up a more detailed analysis of Team Sonic Racing... and when looking at the tracks I noticed something about Boo's house which makes me like the track even more.


Basically, the track mirrors a classic horror movie set in Egypt. 

Click to see the full explanation but here is the abridged version.

In Boo's house, the racers start outside the pyramid, they break in and one thinks they see a ghost (First racer always see's Boo, then Boo hides behind a pillar).

The team explore the entrance one discovers a tunnel to another chamber. The team enter it.

There is no way back the way they came, the route constantly descends further down, deeper into the pyramid.

On the way evil spirits try to stop them (ghost hallway).

King Boom Boo also tries to stop them (he occasionally pops up and mocks you).

Eventually the team make it to the final chamber, face King Boom Boo... Open a portal and return to the surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those super basic features from Mario Kart I really miss in TSR since I've been playing more local multiplayer with my partner is the inability to play multiple races in a row outside of the preset Grand Prix. The lack of Final Fortress tracks (and the weird-ass final GP setlist that results) is a real bummer, but just playing random, one-off races feels less meaningful than doing a set of four with a culiminative scoring system.

I wish like Mario Kart, you could set the amount of races to play and then select the track before each race (or set it to random) and enjoy GP rules with whatever combination or number of tracks that you like, as you can in Mario Kart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After finishing TSR's story I have come to the conclusion that Amy has lost interest in Sonic in these recent stories becoming pure aggression in TSR but some characters are just oddly absent from the story. Amy and Zavok's lines within the race are amazing except the line where Amy calls Sonic her friend and not her boyfriend but Amy's "boost me to get a hug" and Zavok complementing Amy for attack him makes up for it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

After finishing TSR's story I have come to the conclusion that Amy has lost interest in Sonic in these recent stories becoming pure aggression in TSR but some characters are just oddly absent from the story. Amy and Zavok's lines within the race are amazing except the line where Amy calls Sonic her friend and not her boyfriend but Amy's "boost me to get a hug" and Zavok complementing Amy for attack him makes up for it.  

Oh-hoho, dear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not certain if this was explained somewhere already, but doing the Hard mode/Expert Mode versions of the levels in Team Adventure Mode WILL allow you to obtain extra things, if you were wondering.

It seems that when you clear every level in a chapter on hard mode, you obtain a horn. When you clear every level in a chapter on Expert mode, you obtain a Paint kit. 

Just reminding you guys if you wanted to "100%" this game that you won't get all of the horns/paint kits just from the mod pods, I already found myself wasting a good chuck of credits trying to see if I could obtain them, which I didn't. 

That's all.

 

Edit: If you're ever confused about whether or not you did the Hard/Expert version of a level.D7149eSU8AAd8zc.thumb.jpg.e628d54c097ec55e9afe59d6913767bd.jpg

Look at the top right corner of the blue squares (I'm talking about the Team Race/Team Grand Prix ones, not the Ring Challenges, Daredevils, etc.)

1 Light blue line - Normal

2 Light Blue lines - Hard

3 Light blue lines - Expert

Take note of this so you don't accidentally redo a level on Hard/Expert that you don't have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I played the Casino stages as Tails so many times and never once got any comment about him counting cards.

 

I feel like flavor texts like that are more likely to trigger in daredevil/ring challenges rather than actual races. 

 

Characters almost always says something at the starting line, and you tend to restart a bunch to take out those platinum medals, so you have more opportunities to get them to say things too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I feel like flavor texts like that are more likely to trigger in daredevil/ring challenges rather than actual races. 

 

Characters almost always says something at the starting line, and you tend to restart a bunch to take out those platinum medals, so you have more opportunities to get them to say things too.

I guess I'll try that then, cause Tails wasn't working with me there.

It's a testament to how much fun this game is that I never got tired of racing through those casinos though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TSR version 1.02 just went live that apparently fixes online multiplayer and lobbies.

They have also made it so The X/A buttons no longer skip the story but the square/X (on Xbox) skips it instead. 

AND , the YES/NO tabs have been reversed after you select ‘Restart’ from the pause menu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 4:05 PM, Fire-N-Space said:

After finishing TSR's story I have come to the conclusion that Amy has lost interest in Sonic in these recent stories becoming pure aggression in TSR but some characters are just oddly absent from the story. Amy and Zavok's lines within the race are amazing except the line where Amy calls Sonic her friend and not her boyfriend but Amy's "boost me to get a hug" and Zavok complementing Amy for attack him makes up for it.  

Yeah seems like Sega seen how well received Sonic Boom Amy is (Tomboyish, much more mature, smarter and sassy, life doesn't revolve around Sonic, etc), and is applying that to the games.

Course don't know how long this will last before they decide to make her intolerable again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

...Tomboyish, much more mature, smarter and sassy...

Tomboyish? Boom Amy was just as "girly" as regular Amy, that's fine.

Sassy? If you really track her interactions, she was like that before too.

She didn't really change at all due to Boom. She was like that in Lost World mostly.

There really isn't that much of a difference between the 2 anyway except that Boom Amy sticks out even more as "the girl" which shouldn't be a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eurisko said:

TSR version 1.02 just went live that apparently fixes online multiplayer and lobbies.

They have also made it so The X/A buttons no longer skip the story but the square/X (on Xbox) skips it instead. 

AND , the YES/NO tabs have been reversed after you select ‘Restart’ from the pause menu. 

Well that's nice. 

Maybe they can add a choose team option next time. 

2 hours ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Yeah seems like Sega seen how well received Sonic Boom Amy is (Tomboyish, much more mature, smarter and sassy, life doesn't revolve around Sonic, etc), and is applying that to the games.

Course don't know how long this will last before they decide to make her intolerable again.

Essentially. 

She comes across as a bit dismissive of Big too. 

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Tomboyish? Boom Amy was just as "girly" as regular Amy, that's fine.

Sassy? If you really track her interactions, she was like that before too.

She didn't really change at all due to Boom. She was like that in Lost World mostly.

There really isn't that much of a difference between the 2 anyway except that Boom Amy sticks out even more as "the girl" which shouldn't be a thing.

If not more so. 

She was more Cream-esque in Lost World though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.