Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

Eh, I'd disagree with that sentiment. CTR was my first ever Crash game (so wasn't fanservice at all to me) and I loved it. Meanwhile, Transformed was packed to the brim with SEGA fanservice and I hated it (which I keep having to mention, Transformed might as well be a punching bag on this end). If they can get the mechanics down solid, that'll be a good time for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

DlNq89rUUAAZWaD.jpg

Famtsu. Looks like Adventure is indeed talking heads, per say. Also looks like Seaside Hill might be there? 

Saying that it looks more like a beach area of GHZ to me, would make sense given GHZ posters have already been seen.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Too Many Rings 1

On 8/16/2018 at 12:45 PM, Bobnik said:

I mean, it's not too ridiculous considering how the game overall looks like it's being cheaply made. Sumo Digital also working on at least 2 projects that have been in dev hell (Crackdown 3 according to numerous rumors and reports, and Dead Island 2, which has been dead for years, yet apparently still being in the works?) also doesn't help the circumstances. New models, new animations, necessary testing, balancing, new voicelines, etc. still adds up. I wouldn't be too surprised that they just didn't put more than 15 purely because of budgetary reasons. I might be completely wrong on this, but that's my take on the whole thing.

Or maybe the original budget for TSR was slashed so Sega could allocate the funds to the upcoming live-action/CG Sonic movie.

Kaz.jpg

(Nah I agree with you. One only needs to look at Mania and Forces heavily recycling assets, and Sonic output in general slowing to a massive crawl after the Boom fiasco / 2015 restructuring to see where the state of Sonic has gone. Although I personally do think Forces revisiting past levels was more of a creative/designer decision by ST, rather than a financial decision by Sega.)

DlN29QdWwAIQ3C_?format=jpg&name=large

Here’s the second Famitsu page, shows us the new character and Adventure. Seems similar to ASRT’s World Tour.

• Thumbs Up 4

Can someone translate these pages?

Also, we know there's this new character since months and we don't even have his name!

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Can someone translate these pages?

Also, we know there's this new character since months and we don't even have his name!

The headmaster's name is Dodonpa, apparently:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

The headmaster's name is Dodonpa, apparently:

It's the name of a japanese rollercoaster

We knew this months ago technically. I said that Vector's car has the company name Donpa Motors underneath it when we saw it in the Wisp track, and that I suspected that it tied into the mystery character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

He looks evil (same big mustache as Eggman, Eggman Nega, Captain Whisker).

He probably isn't that evil:

Also if it's an Eggman disguise, it's gotta be his best one yet. Dude straight up has an animal muzzle and everything.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

PLEASE don't let it be a cheap Eggman in disguise!

I want an actual character. Not like Sonic Forces with "Each villain has unfinished buisness with Sonic" horsecrap.

I feel the story will have more effort put into it than Sonic Forces.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dodompa may be the Eggman disguised for the occasion or have something to do with it, he carries a kind of eggmobile and behaves as such.

Are "Donpa" and "Dodonpa" meaningful words or characters in Japan?  Golden Sun also had characters by those names.

1 minute ago, Plasme said:

If we get Seaside Hill I'm going to groan so hard, and I like that level. Are we just going to get Generations retreads?

But I love Seaside Hills! It's not shoved as much as GHZ!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

But I love Seaside Hills! It's not shoved as much as GHZ!

I like Seaside Hill a lot too. But surely we could have had another water level. Wouldn't Labyrinth have been cool. And while I know Hydrocity was in Mania, I'd prefer that to Seaside Hill.

We've seen Seaside Hill so many times, and it was in the Racing games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Plasme said:

I like Seaside Hill a lot too. But surely we could have had another water level. Wouldn't Labyrinth have been cool. And while I know Hydrocity was in Mania, I'd prefer that to Seaside Hill.

We've seen Seaside Hill so many times, and it was in the Racing games. 

How about Rail Canyon? If we want some Sonic Heroes levels.

• There's 21 tracks total, but divided into 7 zones, so 3 tracks per zone. Apparently the earliest they went to when it comes to tracks is Sonic 3, but then again, both of them mixed up Ice Cap and thought it's a level from Advance so lol
  • This was in their preview article that came before that, but there can be more than 1 character of each type, or even 1 of the same character (the rep said himself that your team can consist of 3 Bigs). Teams are set in Adventure Mode.
  • Don't know if this was confirmed before, but apparently you can play through Adventure mode with 2 other players (only split-screen confirmed tho)
  • When Sumo started making the game, they didn't have the team aspect in mind, but then Iizuka-san came in and said "I wanna play a racing game with kids, but they're scrubs at them so pls add something that makes them happy" (slight overexaggeration, but it is a slight one)

Maybe I missed something, but that's what I got from the showcase.

• Thumbs Up 6

14 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

• When Sumo started making the game, they didn't have the team aspect in mind, but then Iizuka-san came in and said "I wanna play a racing game with kids, but they're scrubs at them so pls add something that makes them happy" (slight overexaggeration, but it is a slight one)

Why does Iizuka always do this

3 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

...do what? 

I don't recall anything like this for Forces, and in Mania his input was basically "make this project like, 20x bigger" 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Does this also apply to his other ideas? (Chao, Shadow, the whole SA1 game...)

Regardless, this is a fucking awful idea and we know it came from Iizuka.

His ideas for Mania were great, but he's fucked it up here.

Sonic Team are a travesty, SEGA really needs to let them work on something new.

As obvious as it may seem , I actually hope its not eggman in a disguise. I would actually like some other eccentric weirdo who just.. hosts tournaments and junk  

• Fist Bump 1