Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

12 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Choosing Sand Hill from SA1 is a bit redundant after choosing Sandopolis from Sonic 3, right? Well, unless this is actually Act 2 and not an entirely new zone.

Exactly. I felt so deflated when I saw this in my feed. Why this mini level from Adventure of all things? With so little to offer from the original game so they make up the rest?  Why not Lost World or better yet Sky Deck?

Bet that would get more on board just like the Sandopolis track did.

3 hours ago, Jango said:

The only I really do think it looks bad, are the character models. They're barely animated during race, even the first ASR had them moving/pointing/taunting around better. The lightning and shadow in the models also look really flat, they're lifeless... Just take a look at CTR Nitro Fueled. Hot damn, that's what I wanna see in TSR. I wanna feel like I'm racing as these characters, not just guiding a remote control car.

Except the point of remastering a classic masterpiece is to bring it to new consoles with awesome graphics. So obviously it has better graphics. Still doesn't excuse TSR for being mixed on graphics.

21 hours ago, Bobnik said:

Well this is a track I didn't expect to be remixed. Also Tree Popes is involved with this track as well.

Nice remix.

21 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Now when I just seen Sand Road I was thinking Lost World's Desert Ruins. Until I looked up Sand Hill, then I realized it was an Adventure 1 track.

Probably because it's a half a minute minigame from Tails' Story that was added to the game late due to the developers learning what sandboarding is and thinking it's cool.

It reminds me more of Arid Sands or whatever from Unleashed.

19 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Beautiful song but I like the beginning more then the end.

Yeah, same here.

Probably because the song inherently had a specific melody throughout and thus they couldn't really ad lib much.

17 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Generations has lower graphical fidelity, but its iterations of Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp are way more pleasing to look at.

And again, ymmv.

I think that's due to how busy those stages are.

17 hours ago, Rowl said:

It is not the most out standing art style, but to be honest I think it kinda fits the cartoony nature that the series has since Colors. 

But that's the root of the problem now, isn't?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, kalion said:

Exactly. I felt so deflated when I saw this in my feed. Why this mini level from Adventure of all things? With so little to offer from the original game so they make up the rest? 

Well that's the thing about this screenshot--the original Sand Hill had a couple of unique design elements for something that was added late.

350?cb=20100703204448SHSUB3

(These are the only pictures I could find of the rock snake things)

Image result for sand hill sonic

SHSUB9Image result for sand hill sonic

Like, yeah, it might've been a little cluttered with Sandopolis, but it's something.

2 hours ago, kalion said:

Why not Lost World or better yet Sky Deck?

Bet that would get more on board just like the Sandopolis track did.

Probably because people have been complaining about them constantly reusing obvious levels...?

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Probably because it's a half a minute minigame from Tails' Story that was added to the game late due to the developers learning what sandboarding is and thinking it's cool.

It reminds me more of Arid Sands or whatever from Unleashed.

I didn't know that and I guess it does remind me a little of Unleashed. It's just Lost World stood out first, not sure why.

19 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I didn't know that and I guess it does remind me a little of Unleashed. It's just Lost World stood out first, not sure why.

Because of the simple artstyle.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Well that's the thing about this screenshot--the original Sand Hill had a couple of unique design elements for something that was added late.

Probably because people have been complaining about them constantly reusing obvious levels...?

I guess so even if it was'nt very relevant to the game itself.
Secondly, they were complaining about the reusing the repeated suspects not the obvious one, a distinction nonetheless.

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

But that's the root of the problem now, isn't?

Not for me personally. I mean sure, it is not as stylized as some other cartoon jump'n runs like Mario, DKC, Rayman, Sly, Crash Bandicoot or Spyro and it looks kinda generic, but I still would prefer this over the weird semi-realistic design they tried with SA, SA2, Shadow and 06.

On 12/13/2018 at 6:51 PM, Detective Kaito said:

Choosing Sand Hill from SA1 is a bit redundant after choosing Sandopolis from Sonic 3, right? Well, unless this is actually Act 2 and not an entirely new zone.

Kind of, however one is in a pyramid/tomb while the other is set in a desert during the daytime. So... yeah. However, there wasn't much to the Sand Hill level in Sonic Adventure and there certainly wasn't enough there to be able to theme an entire track around it in my opinion. Without the music this track is just a generic desert level and nothing else.

Edit: The music is cool though

11 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Now a track I would like to see is one base on Amy's room in Sonic Battle with all the Amy pictures.

it seems out of character for Amy to even have a house big enough for that

Perhaps it's a Sonic worshipping museum and she lives there temporarely to save up for more museum exhibits.
Joking aside, it did look a little too abstract and weird to be a Amy's home. I guess they just really had no idea what kind of Arena would fit Amy.

She's still lucky tough, I don't think Cream had any arena belonging to her.
According to Wiki, the library is Cream's arena. A library that has zero books, but does have a high tech goverment computer and a giant dinosaur skeleton in the middle. Because Cream is known for her thrist of knowledge, archelogical interests and computer hacking adventures. Appearently.

Also so happy to be reminded the Goverment in Sonic's universe decided to install a computer hosting confidential information in the middle of a public library.
Ah, Sonic Battle, I love you.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't mind Scrap Brain Zone(the 1st Act outside that gives that Robotropolis vibe from SatAM) with all it's various traps and buzzsaws being used as the first level of this game. :) It'd be something different like Underground Zone from Sonic 2 Game Gear.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

She's still lucky tough, I don't think Cream had any arena belonging to her.
According to Wiki, the library is Cream's arena. A library that has zero books, but does have a high tech goverment computer and a giant dinosaur skeleton in the middle. Because Cream is known for her thrist of knowledge, archelogical interests and computer hacking adventures. Appearently.

What da FUCK?!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to see Mystic Cave Zone turned into a Track. The Railways were there in the original, I bet even cars could drive on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2018 at 11:40 AM, I Love Sticks said:

Except the point of remastering a classic masterpiece is to bring it to new consoles with awesome graphics. So obviously it has better graphics. Still doesn't excuse TSR for being mixed on graphics.

But... But.. I wasn't critizing the graphics. I said they look good. Not great, but not terrible either. It's just the character models and their animations that look shitty. They're boring and flat.

Either way, CTR looks better in both ends so yeah :V

---

Ya know, this may be of ridiculous importance to the game, but I really wish that each track has the logo of the game they're from, like the other All-Stars games did. You know, during that little intro that plays before the race begin, put the logo there. I always though that was neat. 

Yeah I like logos.

---

Also, unrelated but I've played the Arid Sands daytime stage in Unleashed (HD) earlier today with this Sand Hill remix. It was awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2018 at 10:56 PM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

There were three versions of Seaside Hill in the first All Stars Racing game so why not do it again? I mean aside from artistic integrity. 

As for the art-style, I've concluded that I think it looks fine. It's not my preferred style. I really wish for everything to just look like it did in Unleashed again. I still like its art. I love the models more. I'm forever saddened by the loss of it's excellent lighting despite slow-down. I seriously don't care about that at this point. 

But whatever. At least this isn't making me wretch like Lost World did. And somehow the laziness vibes still aren't as strong as they were with Forces. That's almost certain to change once the game comes out and is forgotten about when Crash Team Racing hits a month later. Then the movie will hit and they'll get to work on production of the latest Sonic merch, the Sonic Coffin. 

So look forward to that I guess.

And the comics will keep on being ignored. Which at this point may be justified compared to inexplicable merchandise ideas and a live-action movie (and possible tie-in game).

2 hours ago, Scape said:

it seems out of character for Amy to even have a house big enough for that

Just make the characters smaller then like Mario Kart's Ribbon Road.

2 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Perhaps it's a Sonic worshipping museum and she lives there temporarely to save up for more museum exhibits.
Joking aside, it did look a little too abstract and weird to be a Amy's home. I guess they just really had no idea what kind of Arena would fit Amy.

Its not hard to see how the arena fits Amy it shows that she is adorable and that she loves Sonic.

On 12/15/2018 at 4:42 AM, Fire-N-Space said:

Now a track I would like to see is one base on Amy's room in Sonic Battle with all the Amy pictures.

Nice idea  , I would like a track for Rouge club  🤩

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/15/2018 at 10:30 PM, Fire-N-Space said:

Its not hard to see how the arena fits Amy it shows that she is adorable and that she loves Sonic.

Converting your house into a shrine dedicated to the target of your as-of-yet-reciprocated affections is magnitudes beyond "adorable" and goes right into the psycho/creepy/stalker territory that Amys character has been attempting to shed since that time period. 

There is a line. Amys stage in sonic battle crossed it then hitched a ride on a space shuttle to keep on going at maximum velocity.

If we are looking for a stage to represent Amy - I propose one themed around her Magic Carpet fighting area from STF. Not only would it be a nod to an oft forgotten part of her heritage, but it would also complete the desert trifecta with a flying stage. That way you could have one level underground (Boos House) one at ground level (Sand Road) and one that takes place above it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sega DogTagz said:

Converting your house into a shrine dedicated to the target of your as-of-yet-reciprocated affections is magnitudes beyond "adorable" and goes right into the psycho/creepy/stalker territory that Amys character has been attempting to shed since that time period. 

There is a line. Amys stage in sonic battle crossed it then hitched a ride on a space shuttle to keep on going at maximum velocity.

Sonic has reciprocated her feelings in Sonic X, Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Boom, on a shirt, Sonic Unleash,  and Sonic 06. Amy's not creepy, stalker territory , or psycho its just grabbing at straws.

If we are looking for a stage to represent Amy - I propose one themed around her Magic Carpet fighting area from STF. Not only would it be a nod to an oft forgotten part of her heritage, but it would also complete the desert trifecta with a flying stage. That way you could have one level underground (Boos House) one at ground level (Sand Road) and one that takes place above it.

More sand yay... how does a Magic Carpet flying over a random desert fit Amy more than her own room.

29 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Sonic has reciprocated her feelings in Sonic X, Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Boom, on a shirt, Sonic Unleash,  and Sonic 06. 

X and Boom arn't canon to the games - which is what we are talking about here. Chronicles isn't canon period and in 06 Sonic can choose Elise just as easily as he can Amy. I don't see anything in Unleashed that would count as reciprocating romantic feelings. They are stuck in eternal cat and mouse purgatory.

Amy's not creepy, stalker territory , or psycho its just grabbing at straws.

These are some dang easy straws to grasp then. Circa 2005 those would have been the key words to any Amy search.

Its no secret around here that Amy was absolutely at her worst in games like Battle mostly because she went too far in letting her affections for Sonic blind her to everything else. It stops being cute and adorable when her focus on Sonic causes her to work herself half to death with boxersize to impress Sonic. Its stops being cute and adorable when she honestly believes Emerl is Sonic's idea of a child rearing experiment. It stops being cute when everything about her character in that game is just another avenue to force Sonic into marriage.

Amy's character has notably backtracked from that kind of behavior into something much more reserved and safely in the cute cat/mouse zone. Her stage in battle is just a reminder of her dark ages and a direction Sega should avoid taking her character down in the future. There is no reason to revive a visual montage of a characters low-light reel.

More sand yay... how does a Magic Carpet flying over a random desert fit Amy more than her own room.

You do realize that we already know there is a third sand theme'd stage coming right? Complaining about more sand is kinda mute. You can... but it coming anyway. Might as well get something different out of it.

As for fit, it was a level designed around her tarot reading origins - which also happens to be the catalyst for her affections for Sonic as it was her cards that told her it was meant to be leading her to going out and finding Sonic prior to the events of Sonic CD. It pre-dates and is the origin story of her love affair with Sonic. It fits perfectly.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Sonic has reciprocated her feelings in Sonic X, Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Boom, on a shirt, Sonic Unleash,  and Sonic 06. Amy's not creepy, stalker territory , or psycho its just grabbing at straws.

I'd say it's more about what would be dynamic and interesting to include. And Magic Carpet is relatively deep cut. Plus, they can always have some other Amy motifs in the area--perhaps even combine the two stages into her version of "A Whole New World."

While we're at it, thought, does this room look like?

10 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Its stops being cute and adorable when she honestly believes Emerl is Sonic's idea of a child rearing experiment.

Eh, to be fair, I think that's at least one of the more benign, yet interesting takes from it. And it fits what Emerl was about anyway while giving Amy a distinct dynamic with him.

Just now, Sega DogTagz said:

X and Boom arn't canon to the games - which is what we are talking about here. Chronicles isn't canon period and in 06 Sonic can choose Elise just as easily as he can Amy. I don't see anything in Unleashed that would count as reciprocating romantic feelings. They are stuck in eternal cat and mouse purgatory.

Funny how every time Sonic shows that he likes Amy it gets call non-canon its like people are trying very hard not to admit that Sonic has feelings for Amy. 

These are some dang easy straws to grasp then. Circa 2005 those would have been the key words to any Amy search.

Its no secret around here that Amy was absolutely at her worst in games like Battle mostly because she went too far in letting her affections for Sonic blind her to everything else. It stops being cute and adorable when her focus on Sonic causes her to work herself half to death with boxersize to impress Sonic. Its stops being cute and adorable when she honestly believes Emerl is Sonic's idea of a child rearing experiment. It stops being cute when everything about her character in that game is just another avenue to force Sonic into marriage.

Amy's character has notably backtracked from that kind of behavior into something much more reserved and safely in the cute cat/mouse zone. Her stage in battle is just a reminder of her dark ages and a direction Sega should avoid taking her character down in the future. There is no reason to revive a visual montage of a characters low-light reel.

Absolutely at her worst in games like Battle? No, and all the Sonic characters take things to far when trying to achieve there goal this isn't a Amy thing no one can be cute and adorable 100% of the time and even then different people find things to be cute at there own level boxersize isn't the only thing she did in her story.

Amy wanting to be a good mother isn't a child rearing experiment and when did Amy have any force Sonic into marriage in her story she was working hard to get him to notice her.

Amy from battle still feels like todays Amy but under used and your opinion of what the dark ages are don't make them facts.

You do realize that we already know there is a third sand theme'd stage coming right? Complaining about more sand is kinda mute. You can... but it coming anyway. Might as well get something different out of it.

As for fit, it was a level designed around her tarot reading origins - which also happens to be the catalyst for her affections for Sonic as it was her cards that told her it was meant to be leading her to going out and finding Sonic prior to the events of Sonic CD. It pre-dates and is the origin story of her love affair with Sonic. It fits perfectly

I only know two sand tracks in TSR so far Amy's track should be about her love for Sonic and not the first time they met.

Just now, DabigRG said:

I'd say it's more about what would be dynamic and interesting to include. And Magic Carpet is relatively deep cut. Plus, they can always have some other Amy motifs in the area--perhaps even combine the two stages into her version of "A Whole New World."

I've never seen Amy fly using a magic carpet before so it doesn't feel like Amy and a magic carpet can be use in any other track.