Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I've never seen Amy fly using a magic carpet before so it doesn't feel like Amy and a magic carpet can be use in any other track.

Amy's stage in Sonic the Fighters literally takes place on a magic carpet that is flying around the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx. As it is her stage and mystical and magical knickknacks are kind of her thing it is easy to presume that the magic carpet is hers. I personally headcannon that it's how she get's around as easily as she does and accesses locations that should be well outside of her abilities to access. Regardless though, she has been shown with a magic carpet before, and in the game no less that introduced her Piko Piko Hammer.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Eh, to be fair, I think that's at least one of the more benign, yet interesting takes from it. And it fits what Emerl was about anyway while giving Amy a distinct dynamic with him.

On paper it was fine. In execution she so was foaming at the mouth rabid about it that it got to the point where she hallucinated a Sonic dopplganger to fight alongside her and help protect her "child" from Rouge.

There is a line. Thats all I'm saying

Funny how every time Sonic shows that he likes Amy it gets call non-canon its like people are trying very hard not to admit that Sonic has feelings for Amy. 

I find it more funny that before you even attempt to address any of my points, you feel the need to frame my argument as some kind of anti-Sonamy crusade. I can see where you're priorities lie right off the bat.

I am not trying very hard when I say the TV shows are not canon to the games. They just aren't.

I am not trying very hard when I say Chronicles isn't canon - because it isn't (and for the record I wish it was because I love the Gizoid lure).

Even if Chronicles was canon, its a mute point anyway because it follows the same track as 06. Since reciprocating Amy's feelings essentially boils down to player choice - and there is no 1 definitive path of canon conversation/events in the game - it cant be used as proof of Sonic's feelings for Amy anyway.

So back to square 1. Adorably affectionate, but kept at arms length.

10.png.f50c7f2816e35b9baf4dd0078a10e9e4.png

Amy wanting to be a good mother isn't a child rearing experiment

Amy made it very clear during her chapter that She thought of Emerl as a challenge by Sonic to prove to him that she could be a good mother - thus worthy of marriage.

and when did Amy have any force Sonic into marriage in her story she was working hard to get him to notice her.

*cough*

12.png.8dab7980a158dfe979b091a79d9fc0fc.png

I only know two sand tracks in TSR so far Amy's track should be about her love for Sonic and not the first time they met.

Sumo reps have already told us that stages will work in the rule of 3's.

7 "locations" with 3 "stages" each. Another sand course is on the horizon.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Even if Chronicles was canon, its a mute point anyway because it follows the same track as 06. Since reciprocating Amy's feelings essentially boils down to player choice - and there is no 1 definitive path of canon conversation/events in the game - it cant be used as proof of Sonic's feelings for Amy anyway.

Might I also add that in Chronicles, you also have the the choice to have Sonic be nothing but a cocky egotistical prick to each and every single character he comes in contact with, not only insulting Knuckles, belittling Tails, and iirc - mocking Amy and her "boyfriend" (which for the record, is an incredibly bad thing to do - creating a fake boyfriend to try make someone jealous). So trying to use any of the interactions in Chronicles is a moot point. Sure, you can have a Sonic who shows affection to Amy and treats her with love and attention...and you can also have one that is a complete and total dick to her and doesn't care one tiny portion about her feelings, to the point you can have Sonic show enough sarcasm that practically screams that he knows Amy is full of bullshit about the boyfriend thing.

In short, Chronicles isn't evidence of anything in regards to Sonic and his relations to any other character as it's all down to player choice, even if Chronicles was canon.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Sega DogTagz said:

*cough*

12.png.8dab7980a158dfe979b091a79d9fc0fc.png

That's still not force Amy is saying she's perfect woman for Sonic ( she's working hard so Sonic will have no more excuses about marrying her ). 

Amy made it very clear during her chapter that She thought of Emerl as a challenge by Sonic to prove to him that she could be a good mother - thus worthy of marriage

Being a mother is hard and challenging so Amy made a challenge to herself to get better for when the time comes.  

Sumo reps have already told us that stages will work in the rule of 3's.

7 "locations" with 3 "stages" each. Another sand course is on the horizon

I get that, but giving Amy a boring old sand course why not her room or Pleasure Castle (Twinkle Park).

On paper it was fine. In execution she so was foaming at the mouth rabid about it that it got to the point where she hallucinated a Sonic dopplganger to fight alongside her and help protect her "child" from Rouge.

There is a line. Thats all I'm saying

Foaming at the mouth rabid about it, really?

find it more funny that before you even attempt to address any of my points, you feel the need to frame my argument as some kind of anti-Sonamy crusade. I can see where you're priorities lie right off the bat.

I am not trying very hard when I say the TV shows are not canon to the games. They just aren't.

I am not trying very hard when I say Chronicles isn't canon - because it isn't (and for the record I wish it was because I love the Gizoid lure).

So back to square 1. Adorably affectionate, but kept at arms length.

I find it funny that you call that a anti-Sonamy crusade. Non-canon doesn't stop Sonic from meaning what he said as there all Sonic stories that aim to stay within the rules of Sonic Chronicles or 06 isn't mute by choice the player can only chose what Sonic would say this isn't the players story and can be use as proof of his feelings for her  so its not a kept a arms length.

And no, you do not know where my priorities lie at all.

As long as this game runs well, and the team mechanic isn’t broken or frustrating, I’ll have a lot of fun with this. The inclusion of something like Sand Hill alone feels more creative than Sonic’s past seven years combined. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

That's still not force Amy is saying she's perfect woman for Sonic ( she's working hard so Sonic will have no more excuses about marrying her ). 

Which is the problem here. She's working so hard that she crossed the line into "I want to have your babies" territory.

Being a mother is hard and challenging so Amy made a challenge to herself to get better for when the time comes.  

Which would be fine if her character arc was about self improvement - but it isn't. Amy is 100% under the impression that Emerl is a challenge thrown down by Sonic to prove her motherhood abilities to him. She just fabricates that out of thin air and runs with it. As soon as its mission complete she immediately uses it as ammunition in her marry me Sonic campaign and dunks it in his face.

Amy didn't challenge herself to try and be a better person out of the blue. She just assumed that this was Sonic's low key way of telling her to get ready for kids. She jumped the shark.

I get that, but giving Amy a boring old sand course why not her room or Pleasure Castle (Twinkle Park).

The Course is only as boring as the devs design it to be.

I for one think it would be a blast. The carpet could ferry you around to different stage set pieces. Race down the side of a pyramid, drift under the paws of a Sphynx, bounce over the ripples of a giant carpet like dunes, utilize the magic theme for some wilder stage transitions - there is plenty you can do with the concept.

Foaming at the mouth rabid about it, really?

Amy takes everything about her pursuit of Sonic too far in this game. So. Yeah. Thats how I'd describe it.

I find it funny that you call that a anti-Sonamy crusade. Non-canon doesn't stop Sonic from meaning what he said as there all Sonic stories that aim to stay within the rules of Sonic Chronicles or 06 isn't mute by choice the player can only chose what Sonic would say this isn't the players story and can be use as proof of his feelings for her  so its not a kept a arms length.

If you want to argue that the inclusion of player choice to woo Amy in Chronicles and 06 is somehow proof that Sonic has feelings for her - then I can throw the same argument back in your face with your same language.

Trying to hold up a non-canon choose-your-own-adventure plotline as evidence is pointless, because there is nothing stopping me from refuting your "proof" with the inclusion of the opposite path of the same game. Its a mute point. Saying anything otherwise is beating a dead horse.

@Ryannumber1Santa hit the nail on the head here. You can't use game like Chronicles as proof of anything when it comes to dialog or interaction - because they simultaneously allow for the opposite to be true at the same time.

And no, you do not know where my priorities lie at all.

Could have fooled me. Also have yet to convince me otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 3

If you want to argue that the inclusion of player choice to woo Amy in Chronicles and 06 is somehow proof that Sonic has feelings for her - then I can throw the same argument back in your face with your same language.

Trying to hold up a non-canon choose-your-own-adventure plotline as evidence is pointless, because there is nothing stopping me from refuting your "proof" with the inclusion of the opposite path of the same game. Its a mute point. Saying anything otherwise is beating a dead horse.

This is still not a mute point if you throw the same argument back in my face with my same language you will get the same result and not stop the other fact from existing Its not about who's right or wrong but what Sonic can say. Non-canon doesn't equal pointless.

Which is the problem here. She's working so hard that she crossed the line into "I want to have your babies" territory.

People will work hard for what they want not everyone is going to go about the same way to achieve something.

Could have fooled me. Also have yet to convince me otherwise

I'm not trying to convince you on anything but I do see someone trying to convince me that Sonic doesn't have feelings for Amy, non-canon means that Sonic isn't Sonic, Amy had a dark age and saying they know where my priorities lie all the while my post not even being about them.

18 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

This is still not a mute point if you throw the same argument back in my face with my same language you will get the same result and not stop the other fact from existing Its not about who's right or wrong but what Sonic can say. Non-canon doesn't equal pointless.

In this case non-canon does equal pointless. The linchpin of your argument hinges on things that never officially happened. You are asserting possibilities as evidence.

We are done with this.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 12/20/2018 at 7:05 AM, Sega DogTagz said:

Converting your house into a shrine dedicated to the target of your as-of-yet-reciprocated affections is magnitudes beyond "adorable" and goes right into the psycho/creepy/stalker territory that Amys character has been attempting to shed since that time period.

Don't you think you exaggerating a little bit ?? yes Amy has a massive crush on Sonic , but not to the point of worshiping him .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gumbit said:

Don't you think you exaggerating a little bit ?? yes Amy has a massive crush on Sonic , but not to the point of worshiping him .

I don't feel like I am. There was a time post SA2 where Amy was just thrown off the deep end. They have done a good job reeling her back in as of late, but at her peak she was lusting after him way too hard to be considered anything but rabid.

and I think a shrine is a very accurate term to use for her room in Battle.

4 hours ago, Gumbit said:

Nah, but she did try to beat him senseless on top of a building once for it.

18 hours ago, JokerJovahexeonJoranvexeon said:

Nah, but she did try to beat him senseless on top of a building once for it.

To be fair, I kinda get the feeling thinking about it that it was meant to be more her chasing him around that was rendered as a team battle for consistency reasons.

Both sets of characters notably don't react as if they're fighting throughout or after it.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:30 PM, Gumbit said:

Don't you think you exaggerating a little bit ?

The only exaggeration in any of that discussion was how long it was that Amy was like that. She was at her absolute lowest for Heroes, Battle, and Sonic X...

But that doesn't really cover much time, especially with how close Heroes and Battle were released together. She was like...immediately reigned in during Shadow and Riders. So her worst moments are a very brief stint in Sonic history.

And Sonic Riders has no memorable enough tracks to bring back...so sad.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:11 AM, StaticMania said:

And Sonic Riders has no memorable enough tracks to bring back...so sad.

That reminds me, Sonic Free Riders had a very European looking city track.
latest?cb=20120717203136
Could be an company piece to the Spagonia tracks.

Besides that, there's some neat track concepts from the Riders series, a frozen forest, Eggman having his own Robot company, or City streets filled with Police cars responding to the Babylon Rogues's recent robbery. I love the sunset mountains from Riders 1 too.
Or the tropical city from Free Riders. Heck, it'd be great to be playing trough any Sonic Free Riders racetrack in a game that's actually fun to control.

But I doubt Team Sonic Racing will go this obscure. Who needs original and interesting tracks when you can have Seaside hill again, after all.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

5 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

That reminds me, Sonic Free Riders had a very European looking city track.
latest?cb=20120717203136
Could be an company piece to the Spagonia tracks.

Besides that, there's some neat track concepts from the Riders series, a frozen forest, Eggman having his own Robot company, or City streets filled with Police cars responding to the Babylon Rogues's recent robbery. I love the sunset mountains from Riders 1 too.
Or the tropical city from Free Riders. Heck, it'd be great to be playing trough any Sonic Free Riders racetrack in a game that's actually fun to control.

But I doubt Team Sonic Racing will go this obscure. Who needs original and interesting tracks when you can have Seaside hill again, after all.

They do make exceptions for Classic games these days. Maybe we’ll get something like Rainy Savanna. 

Whats the point of bringing in a Riders stage if the most obvious add is avoided? If Jet Wave and Storm got snubbed in the character roster, I couldn't fathom the team reaching over to the riders series to pay homage to any of the stages. It'd feel like a slap in the face.

21 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Whats the point of bringing in a Riders stage if the most obvious add is avoided? If Jet Wave and Storm got snubbed in the character roster, I couldn't fathom the team reaching over to the riders series to pay homage to any of the stages. It'd feel like a slap in the face.

Not like Sonic Team is adverse to slaps in the face, but this isn’t Sonic Team developing (Though they’re possibly directing)...

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

Sadly, I think it's very likely that Dodonpa is Classic Eggman. I've done some research on Dodonpa and he has way too many similaries to Eggman.

Here's why I think Dodonpa is Classic Eggman (Warning: Spoilers for Sonic Mania Plus and the Team Sonic Racing IDW comic):

Hide contents

The fact that he drives around in a hover craft that looks awfully similar to the Egg Mobile, the way he laughs is similar to Eggman's laugh (hohohoho), him having a mustache like Eggman, letting Eggman join the competition in the Team Sonic Racing comic despite him being uninvited because he found Eggman's efforts to join the Grand Prix "amusing", Classic Eggman being sucked into the portal by the Phantom Ruby in Sonic Mania Plus, Dodonpa being a mysterious figure overall, etc.

Most of this barely constitutes being related to Eggman specifically, or stretching (the Eggmobile looks nothing like Dodonpa's craft). "He's mysterious" isn't a point of evidence either - god forbid SEGA doesn't tell us everything about a new character for once. 

This game has enough problems without making ones up based on extremely flimsy evidence. When are people just gonna take Mania Plus' ending as the funny visual humour it was very blatantly intended to be?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Absolutely 1

I'm all for being skeptical of how satisfactory story elements in a Sonic game are going to be but it's never been to the point where I was presented with confirmation that my fears for a specific plot point were unfounded only to twist it into something resembling the original fear, except far more implausible.

The silliness of Classic Eggman being a key figure in a game where the marketing's focus was only on the Modern aesthetics and characters as well as having the continuation of something vague from Sonic Mania be followed up in Team Sonic Racing, the game where they all race each other in cars, is almost too hard to wrap my mind around.

Is that what Classic Eggman's first decree upon being stuck in this world would even be? To dress as a cat and host a racing competition? Lose interest in Sonic and Shadow's rivalry the instant an explosion happened in a race? 

Sounds more like something Boom Eggman would do honestly. 

People, isn't it obvious? It's Big the Cat's brother. Big's being forced to race because his brother said he had to otherwise Froggy will be on the menu.

Or maybe it's Turbo who survived Wreck it Ralph and infestated another racing game.
Hey, if we're guessing anyway.

I doubt it's Classic Eggman, relies to much on the audience being familair with small details in the previous game, like Eggman's fate in Mania.
Besides, a lot of Modern SOnic games have a tendecy to leave the villains fates to be very ambigious, like the Deadly Six.
Or how Eggman escaped the void in Generations. And Eggman in Forces.

That said, it could be a cute twist I suppose.

2 hours ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Or maybe it's Turbo who survived Wreck it Ralph and infestated another racing game.
Hey, if we're guessing anyway.

I doubt it's Classic Eggman, relies to much on the audience being familair with small details in the previous game, like Eggman's fate in Mania.
Besides, a lot of Modern SOnic games have a tendecy to leave the villains fates to be very ambigious, like the Deadly Six.

That said, it could be a cute twist I suppose.

It could go either way in my mind, just wanting to see which between Adventures and Encore is canon. And I don’t think Kishimoto’s involved this time, similar to how Mania Plus resolves the fates of the Heavies (still doesn’t explain why Heavy King’s suddenly in no worse a state than three of the others, nor the sudden redemption at the end), which went ambiguous originally. 

On 12/25/2018 at 9:14 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

Well, that depends: Does SonicTeam, at minimum compared to the actual developers of this game, really care about the Rogues themselves?

Cause otherwise, a track could totally make it in if they like its look.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:48 PM, do a barrel roll said:

Sadly, I think it's very likely that Dodonpa is Classic Eggman. I've done some research on Dodonpa and he has way too many similaries to Eggman.

Here's why I think Dodonpa is Classic Eggman (Warning: Spoilers for Sonic Mania Plus and the Team Sonic Racing IDW comic):

Hide contents

The fact that he drives around in a hover craft that looks awfully similar to the Egg Mobile, the way he laughs is similar to Eggman's laugh (hohohoho), him having a mustache like Eggman, letting Eggman join the competition in the Team Sonic Racing comic despite him being uninvited because he found Eggman's efforts to join the Grand Prix "amusing", Classic Eggman being sucked into the portal by the Phantom Ruby in Sonic Mania Plus, Dodonpa being a mysterious figure overall, etc.

Nah, I sincerely doubt that's where they're going with this.

There is definitely the possibility that he is a robot created by Eggman, but if nothing else thus far, the comic heavily implies he's just a philanthropist out to see some thrilling(and destructive?) competition and just took a liking to Eggman because he brought that the hardest.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:48 PM, do a barrel roll said:

and it's bad that they bring back the Wisps for the millionth time (Seriously, Iizuka, just give the wisps a rest already)

Eh, they're fine here, being a spinoff and all.

I agree that they can/could've also make use of other items, though.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:54 PM, Tracker_TD said:

Most of this barely constitutes being related to Eggman specifically, or stretching (the Eggmobile looks nothing like Dodonpa's craft). "He's mysterious" isn't a point of evidence either - god forbid SEGA doesn't tell us everything about a new character for once. 

This game has enough problems without making ones up based on extremely flimsy evidence. When are people just gonna take Mania Plus' ending as the funny visual humour it was very blatantly intended to be?

Because we just can't have nice things anymore.

On 1/6/2019 at 1:47 AM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Sounds more like something Boom Eggman would do honestly. 

Oh snizzap...!

On 1/6/2019 at 7:05 AM, DarkRula said:

People, isn't it obvious? It's Big the Cat's brother. Big's being forced to race because his brother said he had to otherwise Froggy will be on the menu.

Dodon Pa is a Tanuki, not a Maine Coon.

...Waitaminute...

On 1/6/2019 at 8:42 AM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Or how Metal "survived" being left "unconscious" with Omega. Or how Dr. NEGA(and sometimes Eggman himself) survived/escaped most of his appearances. Or where Devil Doom landed. Or what the heck happened to Infinite's body.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:15 AM, Miragnarok said:

It could go either way in my mind, just wanting to see which between Adventures and Encore is canon. And I don’t think Kishimoto’s involved this time, similar to how Mania Plus resolves the fates of the Heavies (still doesn’t explain why Heavy King’s suddenly in no worse a state than three of the others, nor the sudden redemption at the end), which went ambiguous originally. 

Heavy King? Redemption? 

Wutchutalkinbout, Mira?

18 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Heavy King? Redemption? 

Wutchutalkinbout, Mira?

The scene at the end of the credits of you collect all Chaos Emeralds in Encore mode, where he shows up with an ice cream tray in Mirage Saloon.