Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well he's dead and sucks which is close enough.

Both of those apply to king koopa over here

Just now, Wraith said:

Both of those apply to king koopa over here

Lost World implies he's not dead (Eggman says he wants to get another conch and control the Zeti again) and he doesn't suck quite as much.

There's real slim pickings for villains in this series regardless so I'm not terribly surprised.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Lost World implies he's not dead (Eggman says he wants to get another conch and control the Zeti again) and he doesn't suck quite as much.

There's real slim pickings for villains in this series regardless so I'm not terribly surprised.

Orbot and Cubot, Egg Robo...Chaos? You're not wrong. The series doesn't have a vast array of villainous characters to choose from. I kinda would have liked to see them resurrect Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll. That would have been much more exciting.

• Thumbs Up 4

Welp! At least I found the character to abuse in races! I will buy TSR just to single handedly abuse Zavok. Screw getting first place I wanna tear the bitch apart.

Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll are also subject to the classic/modern split, so there was never going to be a chance of them happening. 

At least it's not the joke Orbot & Cubot, it's... the joke Zavok. Nah, I kind of like him, it's surprising, this roster is surprising, more than a Heroes rehash, because apart from Team Sonic and Dark, everything is different. Every formation I mean.

I surely preferred Infinite but not the robotic duo, so I'm calling it good for today.

Sad though that this is the final team according to the press. I was hoping for Team Babylon as pre-order bonus, or a trio of Sega reps at least.

I really don’t mind Zavok all that much to be honest. Though it is kind of confusing why he’s on a team with Eggman since he betrayed him in his first appearance. Forces obviously doesn’t count since that wasn’t the real Zavok.

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

Gonna be honest, pretty sure next to no-one expected or wanted Zavok... but he's still a better character than four chao in a car so whatevs.

I'll main Zavok. I do like his design so I'm happy.

I just wish they surprised us instead of the usual suspects. If someone from the Deadly Six has to be in, Zor would have been a neat surprise.

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

Eggman and Metal were predictable, but why Zavok? People don't care about Zavok...

Zavok again? I was hoping for Infinite, at least he was better received.

>coming in from a dude who only played Lost World on 3DS

Yeah, best character to choose there SEGA. Next thing you tell me is that there is DLC and that Cream is basically stuck behind a paywall.

Am I the only one okay with the Chao Racer? I know it's not good replacement for Cream, but they know how much people want the Chao Garden to return and this is kind of their compromise, I guess. lol

• Thumbs Up 7

Well, that's a 3rd game where Zavok is playable. That's as much as Chaos.

...I have only one good argument for Zavok. The need for "power" character for Eggman team formation.

Sidenote, I knew those god damn team formation would bite us in the ass eventually.

"I would like you to introduce a very charming group of characters. They form a team."

"Is there exactly 3 of them? Is one of them fast, other smart/flies and last one is strong?"

"N-no, but..."

"They to the bin with them!! Now help me decide to which arbitrary category we'll  force Silver into!"

4 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

...I have only one good argument for Zavok. The need for "power" character for Eggman team formation.

Sidenote, I knew those god damn team formation will bite us in the ass eventually.

They could've easily given Eggman the Power role, as he was in the Riders games. I can't imagine the type system had much of an effect on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll are also subject to the classic/modern split, so there was never going to be a chance of them happening. 

Well, they only appeared in a single random spin-off and the Classic/Modern split is the most asinine thing. I'm pretty sure that if there was any interest internally at SEGA in using them, they would have been considered. Not that I ever expected them to happen though. It's just another example of what could have been. Even one of the HBHs would have been a better choice than this. Just sod the already broken timeline/dimension story rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Am I the only one okay with the Chao Racer? I know it's not good replacement for Cream, but they know how much people want the Chao Garden to return and this is kind of their compromise, I guess. lol

I'm maining the Chao. Best surprise of the roster, along with Silver and Blaze.

Zavok... Guys, he got in because he's a recurring villain and Sega likes him. That's all.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Chao, Shadow, and Metal Sonic for me, though I might also put up some support for Vector.

Now we've got all the characters, can we get a new trailer, preferably one showing off some new tracks?

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

The Chao, Shadow, and Metal Sonic for me, though I might also put up some support for Vector.

Now we've got all the characters, can we get a new trailer, preferably one showing off some new tracks?

With Sega's PR record of late, you'll have to wait a while.

2 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

People don't care about Zavok...

Speak for yourself. :U

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

I really wish I could sum up my feelings to care about Zavok and his inclusion in TSR... I mean I thought that he seemed a bit interesting back when Lost World was coming out.

Not a fan of Zavok at all and I don't get why they want to push him so hard. They did it with Zazz for awhile too. I honestly would've liked Infinite or even the placeholder egg robots more as a choice than Zavok.

I'm okay with Zavok... But boy, the guys at Sega really like the leader of the Deadly Six and maybe the Deadly Six in General. I think at this point we can see the Deadly Six as recurring antagonist of the Sonic series. 

Believe it or not, but Zavok together with the Chao are the only real big surprises for this game so far. Every other character was really very predictable so far.  

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Well he's dead and sucks which is close enough.

Is it confirmed that Infinite died at the end of Forces. Because for me it seemed that he just flew away.

Also guys, there are no real villains left to fill in the role of recurring bad guys. Shadow is a good guy now (I think), same goes for Chaos. Black Doom was destroy, Erazor Djinn is stuck in his lamp, Merlina is also a good guy now, with Infinite I'm not 100% sure if he died or not, Nack, Bean and Bark can only be used in the Classic Timeline, same goes for the Hard-boiled Heavies, Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles and Mephilies was erased from the timeline. Besides the Deadly Six there is no other options left for another villain character.

This roster sucks. But we all knew that this will happen. I mean, they do not want to use any of the Sega characters, and also said that classic characters will also not be used, + we only have 15 slots this time around. All of this already told us in advance, that this roster will be really safe and predictable. 

Everything with Sonic lately feels so safe. I kinda wish that they would have gone full out with this game, now that it is Sonic only. If they really had to sacrifice all the Sega content for more Sonic, than they should have went deep into the Sonic history. But they didn't... no, this is one of the most save games they ever done.

This is how I would have made the roster:

1. Team Sonic: Sonic, Tails and Knuckles

2. Team Dark: Shadow, Rouge and Omega

3. Team Rose: Amy, Cream and Big

4. Team Chaotix: Vector, Espio, Charmy Bee

5. Team Eggman: Dr. Eggman, Metal-Sonic and Orbot and Cubot (as a Team)

6. Team Dimension: Blaze, Silver and Marine

7. Team Zeti: Zavok, Zomom and Zazz

8. Team Chaos: Tikal, Chaos-Zero and Chao

9. Team Unleashed: Chip, Prof. Pickles and Lah

10. Team Fangirl: Elise, Merlina and Shahra

11. Team Classic: Classic Sonic, Mighty and Ray 

I will say, as someone who likes Zavok, I was honestly a bit more curious to see Orbot and Cubot in a car together.

Also, this is another team that doesn't make much sense. I somehow can't imagine Zavok putting the attempted slavery of him and his men behind him so that they could win a racing competition together.

This is a very odd roster. It still feels like small chunks are missing from it too. Oh well. It's fine.

12 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Is it confirmed that Infinite died at the end of Forces. Because for me it seemed that he just flew away.

Technically not, it's open enough that they could bring him back if they really wanted to. But considering he turns into glitch dust like his fake villains, the phantom rubies are all gone by the end of the game, the game makes no effort to imply that he's still around, and that he sucked, I'm inclined to believe they have decided he is dead.

• Thumbs Up 1