Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

I mean, story-wise, our friend Dodonpa may contribute to why Zavok is racing with Eggman. If he can force the rest of the cast to race, it suggests he's got some power behind him. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

I have a theory about Infinite.

Spoiler

He appears in this game via a Forces track as an hazard, creating illusions and obstacles. Would be pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Man, Blue Blood already took the "Stop trying to make Zavok happen. It's not going to happen." post I was going to do...

Anyway, Zavok sucks. I'd rather have had even Infinite. Chaos would've been cool, even though he's not a villain at this point. Orbot and Cubot would've been cool too.

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

Am I the only one okay with the Chao Racer? I know it's not good replacement for Cream, but they know how much people want the Chao Garden to return and this is kind of their compromise, I guess. lol

Honestly, I'd rather have just had Omochao alone. Putting him with the other Chao makes him feel less like a character and more like just another random Chao type.

I really doubt any legitimate reason is going to be given as to why Zavok and Eggman are on the same team. I'm betting they're just the unlockable team with Eggman being the only member having a role in the story.

I don't think the story will be that big and dramatic. They will keep it simple like in Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Team Racing. A bad guy shows up (Wizpig and Nitros Oxid) and forces the hero characters to race against him. TSR will most likely have a very similar plot.  

3 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Eggman and Metal were predictable, but why Zavok? People don't care about Zavok...

...Huh... On Eggman's Team? ...Why?

Like, I know there was a kiosch or something where someone mentioned seeing him, but this is NOT what I was expecting.

Like, he literally looks like he doesn't belong there in that image. Was he cropped in or something? Is he made of plastic?

3 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Even though I bash the Deadly Six to the point where I made a video all about that,

Oh-ho, really now?

3 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

I would personally prefer someone like Infinite, but I suppose it makes sense since it looks like Sega wants to make the Zeti a recurring thing... or at least make Zavok recurring.

just flesh him out a bit more, pls.

I mean, yeah, it was pretty obvious that that was the plan the moment they officially revealed them.

But on that last note in particular, why put him with Eggman and freakin Metal Sonic? 

Hell, if you had to, wouldn't it have ironically made more sense to pair him up with Blaze and Silver?

Infinite was already out as a player the moment I saw the Phantom Ruby on Dodonpa’s turban. But Zavok’s an okay choice for a third villain. Nice to see how his vendetta against Mobians is building.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Like, he literally looks like he doesn't belong there in that image. Was he cropped in or something? Is he made of plastic?

All of them were.

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh-ho, really now?

Yup, in my review on Lost World in general.

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I mean, yeah, it was pretty obvious that that was the plan the moment they officially revealed them.

But on that last note in particular, why put him with Eggman and freakin Metal Sonic? 

Hell, if you had to, wouldn't it have ironically made more sense to pair him up with Blaze and Silver?

Hell, make three of the Deadly Six their own team. Like, Zavok, Zazz and maybe Zeena for example if they really wanna push 'em.

• Thumbs Up 3

Zavok is whatever. I don't think I have any particularly better choices for villain team. Most non-Eggman villains suck, any one they could have chosen would have felt wrong in one way or another. Chaos isn't evil, Eggman Nega is lame and visually boring, Zavok should hate Eggy, and everyone else is dead. You could make the case for Orbot and Cubot, but I don't think they're really much better except in the Boom cartoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll admit I'd have preferred Infinite, but I like Zavok a lot too so this is fine. I'm glad he's showing up frequently. Better than Orbot, Cubot, or an Egg Pawn.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one on this forum that isn't an Infinite fan? For me he was the most laughable, weakest, pitifully, forgettable excuse for a villain I ever saw in a Sonic game. He had the lamest motive out of all the villains in Sonic history. This over the top edgelord was edged down by a bigger edgelord and because he lost his edginess against this other edgelord he now joins forces with the biggest villain of his world to show the world how edgy he can be.

No... I take Zavok over him everyday. Sure, Zavok is a Bowser ripoff, but at least he is not as pathetic as a villain as Infinite. 

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

I was hoping Orbot and Cubot would share a kart like the Chao, but this is alright.

And it would've been their second playable appearance too.

Ah well.

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Here's hoping we at least get a reason for Zavok and Eggman working together again. (Did he finally get that magic conch shell back?)

Yeah, seriously.

3 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Somebody at Sega must really love Zavok lol.

I mean...yeah. 

They've pretty much done him like they've done with Silver back then, so it's obvious they also intended for at least him to stick around from the get go.

Which sorta makes sense from a cast standpoint, considering...well, look at him!

3 hours ago, FFWF said:

Apparently there's a press release out there that literally uses the Robotnik name?!  (Seen here, among others.)

Huh. So he's Heavy character to Eggman's Technique. That..sorta makes sense, I guess?

Still kinda have to wonder if there wasn't another character or robot they could've pulled that actually wants to work with Eggman.

3 hours ago, FFWF said:

Zavok, huh.  With this and Forces, Sonic Team must really think there's something about Zavok and the Deadly Six that's worth pushing.

At the very least, Forces was a matter of not having another managing/recurring villain to use [that they bothered to look for, at least(?)].

But yeah, onto why they seem to keep using them, it's partly because they are very different from the other characters. A little too different, many would say, but it's a aesthetic reason.

3 hours ago, FFWF said:

Can't imagine what, but I hope you're all looking forward to the Sonic Lost World Switch port!

:lol: 

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Let's not forget that Zavok wasn't even mentioned by name in Lost World apparent from in the text for a single mission. He's not a character that's ever been given a real introduction or reason to exist, and his debut game was pretty crap.

Oh shit, really?

He's not really liked at all. That's no problem with him being playable in theory, but it's really strange when he's put in above so many others. I could just about understand Chao over Cream and Team Vector instead of Team Chaotix... This is bonkers though.

Christ, the roster for this game is pretty weak.

Yeah, I think that's ultimately the crux of where this game's issues bother people.

Because, on paper, this sounds like interesting idea. Putting Sonic characters--SONIC characters--in a game headlined with Sonic and Shadow going at it in racecars without batting an eye? Bringing back the team based gameplay, complete with friendly and antagonistic interactions? Putting in characters that aren't the most exercised? On teams long time fans aren't used ot? And yes, even selecting some that few people are particularly fond of? All good, creative ideas.

But you take out Cream, who's been a mainstay for years, for Omochao? Have Vector leading a team with Silver and Blaze instead of own, specifically reimagined one? You put Zavok, who's both new, weird, and not very respected, on a team with a main character he's already had most of his interaction with and a character with arguably much less then he has?

Why? 

Although that said, I'm honestly kind of glad that they went with Zavok over Infinite.

...Yeah, I'm inclined to agree.

3 hours ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

There are times when SEGA cares a little too much about what people like and there are times when they clearly don't care at all.

And honestly, I want to appreciate the fact that they're doing the latter. Especially considering recent years.

3 hours ago, Bobnik said:

First Forces, where Zavok had more screentime than Chaos, Shadow (illusion) and Metal Sonic combined, now this.

To be fair, I think that was them more fucking up the story they had "planned,"

Especially since Zavok--while definitely less so compared to, say, Tails--definitely had an element of [over(?)]correction going on if you payed attention to how he actually fared portrayal.

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Honestly, even though I don't care for Zavok, he always struck me as at least having something to work with...unlike the other Zeti who were barely even one note. 

Oh what, Zor making life a misery or Zeena being...diva don't do much for ya? :lol: 

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

There's real slim pickings for villains in this series regardless so I'm not terribly surprised.

That seemed to be the intent from day one.

4 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Eggman and Metal were predictable, but why Zavok? People don't care about Zavok...

People don't care about this choice that the laziness of melding Metal Sonic's car with Zavok's has escaped them.
I mean c'mon Marketing is crucial for any game and nobody QC'd this?

• Chuckle 1

18 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

But you take out Cream, who's been a mainstay for years, for Omochao?

Well he does have seniority over her.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Though it is kind of confusing why he’s on a team with Eggman since he betrayed him in his first appearance. 

Eh, less betrayed and more turned against his slavemaster.

Which doesn't really help his case here, btw.

3 hours ago, kalion said:

I just wish they surprised us instead of the usual suspects. If someone from the Deadly Six has to be in, Zor would have been a neat surprise.

Fuck yeah!

Hell, I'll go as far as to say Team Zeti should've been free DLC.

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I'm okay with Zavok.  In fact, I really wouldn't mind if another mainline Sonic game used the Deadly Six again IF ONLY to allow them to maybe explain the Lost Hex's place in Sonic canon and flesh them out into better characters.  But doing that for six characters while also doing due justice to the series regulars in a game as plot-light as the Sonic cut-scenes tend to be is a bit of a tall order so uhh... hopes staying low on that'un.

Anyway, regarding Infinite's chances, to be fair, while it wasn't ACTUALLY Zavok the 2nd time around, Zavok has appeared in two games to Infinite's one (as well as appearing in Olympic Games if I recall).  It also makes sense considering this game, like most modern Sonic games, will have a kid-focus in mind, and Sonic Lost World is probably a Sonic game lots of kids-who-are-still-currently-kids played since it came out just under 6 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

Am I the only one okay with the Chao Racer? 

Oh no, I don't think anyone really minds the Chao Racer themselves(unless they really just don't like Omochao).

3 hours ago, Diogenes said:

They could've easily given Eggman the Power role, as he was in the Riders games. I can't imagine the type system had much of an effect on this.

Again, another weird thing.

I mean, you fixed Blaze after whatever you were thinkin with Runners, so why mess with E.G.G.M.A.N?

3 hours ago, Jack in the Snow said:

Best surprise of the roster, along with Silver and Blaze.

Were they a surprise, tho?

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Were they a surprise, tho?

I believe everyone expected Team Chaotix and I was in the minority when I said they wouldn't leave Silver and Blaze out, and said they were in a team with Vector. Still, they didn't go for a full Heroes rehash.

33 minutes ago, kalion said:

People don't care about this choice that the laziness of melding Metal Sonic's car with Zavok's has escaped them.
I mean c'mon Marketing is crucial for any game and nobody QC'd this?

Lazyness for EVERY car, I'd say. Eggman's is literally the Eggmobile with wheels. I loved his car's design in Transformed and even the monster truck in the original had more to it, but this? This looks bad.

2 hours ago, JokerJovahexeonJoranvexeon said:

Speak for yourself. :U

~He says ominous while standing behind a corner.

2 hours ago, Zeer said:

They did it with Zazz for awhile too. 

To be fair, Zazz was also more or less their mascot.Also, he's kinda fun.

2 hours ago, Rowl said:

Is it confirmed that Infinite died at the end of Forces. Because for me it seemed that he just flew away.

The idea of Infinite being killed off comes from a number of things

1.He was recalled to the Imperial Tower against his will after essentially failing Eggman for the last time. 

2.At face value, the Phantom Ruby he uses was potentially the original and/or the one Eggman uses at the end.

3.He's a deliberate throwback to Dreamcast and early Modern era villains, who were some mix of very ominous, very powerful, very irredeemable, and for the most part, didn't make it past their debut game. And Infinite was trying to be that turned up to 11.

4.He was, for all intents and purposes, a living vessel for the Phantom Ruby to act through--having allowed Eggman to effectively cyborize him.

5.The Phantom Ruby was seemingly destroyed.

2 hours ago, Rowl said:

Shadow is a good guy now (I think),

You think? :lol:

2 hours ago, Rowl said:

6. Team Dimension: Blaze, Silver and Marine

8. Team Chaos: Tikal, Chaos-Zero and Chao

Same here.

2 hours ago, Rowl said:

7. Team Zeti: Zavok, Zomom and Zazz

11. Team Classic: Classic Sonic, Mighty and Ray 

I think Zomom wouldn't make it in since Zavok is already an obvious Power type. And he wasn't portrayed as particularly smart or tricky, so Technique is also unlikely. Zor or Zik would be more likely.

On the Classic team, while Mighty and Ray are already kinda out, I'll go ahead and say Honey might've been a better contender in Classic's place.

2 hours ago, Rowl said:

9. Team Unleashed: Chip, Prof. Pickles and Lah

10. Team Fangirl: Elise, Merlina and Shahra

Huh. Those are some interesting choices. Who would be what, though?

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I mean, story-wise, our friend Dodonpa may contribute to why Zavok is racing with Eggman. If he can force the rest of the cast to race, it suggests he's got some power behind him. 

...Oh yeah. Good point.

2 hours ago, Jack in the Snow said:

I have a theory about Infinite.

Hide contents

He appears in this game via a Forces track as an hazard, creating illusions and obstacles. Would be pretty cool.

Huh. Yeah, you know, that would be pretty cool.

Unique way of featuring a character too.

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

Honestly, I'd rather have just had Omochao alone. Putting him with the other Chao makes him feel less like a character and more like just another random Chao type.

I mean, there IS more than one of em.

2 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

I really doubt any legitimate reason is going to be given as to why Zavok and Eggman are on the same team. I'm betting they're just the unlockable team with Eggman being the only member having a role in the story.

I mean, it's possible.

Be a lame[r] waste, though.

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Infinite was already out as a player the moment I saw the Phantom Ruby on Dodonpa’s turban.

Wait, WHAT?!

To be honest, I would of wanted Infinite in the game just for the utter silliness of him being a race car driver immedietly after his appearance as the edgelord villian in Forces. I love the suggestion someone put on here that his line would be: "I'M NOT SLOW!"

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

Oh god. Orbot and Cubot would at least have given us some entertaining/annoying banter, but 99 out of 100 Zavok lines recorded will probably be "Die Tails! Die Big! Die Omochao!" (well that one's okay)

This game will add so much depth to that nonexistence of a character. I like how they're trying to establish more villains, but Zazz would be a much better choice for the 6's poster boy, because he at least has something going for him - and let's be honest, the rest of them are all in the trash bin already.

On a more positive note, I like how this makes Eggman a Technique Type racer, since I never thought the Power Type in Riders fit him too well. And at least one team will have a Technique type as their leader, since they robbed Rouge of that role.