Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

Some quick snipets of Frozen Junkyard in there. First new footage we've gotten in some time. Considering how starved we've been - I take it lol

Also, the stage music continues the trend of kicking all the ass.

EDIT

Do you guys think Frozen Junkyard will fall under the same 3 stage stack as the Ice Mountain stage we saw before? That would be some serious diversity for Ice Levels and would follow suit in what we've seen from the 2 Planet Wisp stages.

The 7 trope thing might not end up so bad if the stages feel this distinctive.

Pretty on-brand for the game to release the first new footage in ages and then pull it because it was too early.

• Chuckle 4

lol they really ain't putting the video back on, huh? Holy shit. What happened? Did the official twitter at least mentioned it?

"The participation condition is to form a team with three people, to board a racing car prepared by Dodonpa."

So it sounds like Dodonpa made the cars before the characters even signed up. That explains why Espio and Charmy aren't with Vector then; Dodonpa set up the cars that way. 

• Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

"The participation condition is to form a team with three people, to board a racing car prepared by Dodonpa."

So it sounds like Dodonpa made the cars before the characters even signed up. That explains why Espio and Charmy aren't with Vector then; Dodonpa set up the cars that way. 

I still don't get it. Dodonpa chose the teams and transported them into his world, right?

Anyway, pre-order bonuses are up, for japanese at least. Today we could get the occidental bonuses. Btw, those renders are neat. For all that's been said, I still love this mini roster, yeah I'll take even Zavok (they needed a power type I guess), because the characters are my favorite thing in Sonic, so I'm glad Sega decided to give them a bit of a focus again. The Sega characters got their 3 games, and they will likely get more in the future. This is the time for Modern Sonic cast to shine and be in a good game? I truly hope so. Thank God for this game.

Here are the Car Names for those who don't wanna use the site.

Spoiler

Team Sonic: Speed Star, Whirlwind Sport, Land Breaker

Team Dark: Dark Reaper, Lip Spyder, Cross Dozer

Team Rose: Pink Cabriolet, Chao Pod, Frog Cruiser

Team Vector: Beat Monster, Lightron, Royal Chariot

Team Eggman: Egg Booster, Formula M, Road Dragoon

Shadow and Rouge, wth

Omega, why that?

Amy, a what?

Metal, lol

Zavok, isn't there some sort of serpentine dragon creature they could've cited there?

20 minutes ago, Jango said:

Formula M is great tho'. 

Yeah, that's legit clever.

20 minutes ago, Jango said:

Missed opportunity not calling Shadow's car "The Edgemobile".

Seriously. :lol: 

Its nice to see Amy sticking to calling her machine the Pink Cabriolet with it being so curvy when compared to the other machines it has nice stats and it isn't slow like it was in Sonic Transformed and Amy is marvelously cute here!

team amy2.png

38 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

Finally! Music sounds great and the track looks cool (no pun!) too. But... Frozen Junkyard is a remix of which zone? I didn't catch.

11 minutes ago, Jango said:

Finally! Music sounds great and the track looks cool (no pun!) too. But... Frozen Junkyard is a remix of which zone? I didn't catch.

I honestly can't tell either. The closest thing I can think of is this, but it'd be a super weird choice.

24 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Limited Editions announced... For Japan.

Ooh, really not helping Zavok's case there.

1 hour ago, Jango said:

It sounds like a mix between Eggman's theme in Runners and maybe one of Tails' tracks from Adventure 2.

Could just be an original track or even a remix of something super obscure.

Frozen Junkyard SORT of sounds like it could be a weird, darker mood-shift remix of Cool Edge (like, think Tornado Defense 2 compared to Tornado Defense 1) but that could just be coincidence.  Much as I think we'd have all been happy with a remix-album soundtrack, it'll be nice to have some originals mixed in too and let Jun stretch his legs.

• Thumbs Up 4

I guess it could be like the Wisp Circuit remix, which only has the recognizable Planet Wisp's "tam tam na nam" by the end of the song. Most of the track is Jun's original butt-rock.

11 minutes ago, Jango said:

I guess it could be like the Wisp Circuit remix, which only has the recognizable Planet Wisp's "tam tam na nam" by the end of the song. Most of the track is Jun's original butt-rock.

I totally forgot about that piece of music. Geez... They've done a pretty good of advertising game as nothing more than a remix album, and even that's inaccurate when just talking about the soundtrack.

11 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I totally forgot about that piece of music. Geez... They've done a pretty good of advertising game as nothing more than a remix album, and even that's inaccurate when just talking about the soundtrack.

Yeah it's funny you say that because...

I'm... quite surprised at how quickly that gained a bit of traction and none of the people with a lot of followers have retweeted it.

Basically... imagine this game was ASRT. A game which most of us agree on is a great title.

Nobody would be excited for it, yet we were all hyped for that game back in the day.

Even today's 'news', it's just Jun playing guitar over a few clips we've already seen, there's no making of at all... and this is part 1!

Yeah Jun is cool and all but... that's not selling me the game.

This might be a bit of a hot take, but this feels like one of the absolute worst promotional campaigns for a game I've ever seen Sega do, and I include Binary Domain in that!

• Thumbs Up 2