Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

On 5/23/2018 at 3:35 AM, Marco9966 said:

Sonic Riders and Riders Zero Graivity's stories were actually very good sotires. Only Free Riders had a bad story where everyone is a jerk.

I don't get why you guys are not bothered by classic Sonic. We are basically dividing the main hero into 2.

Let's get a movie with 2 Iron Mans, or 2 Spider-mans, or a Breaking Bad with 2 Walter Whites, or a Game of Thrones with 2 Khaleesii.

Heck imagine if Sonic Adventure 2 had Classic Sonic, wouldn't that be really fucking shitty???

Didn't age well AT ALL

• Chuckle 1

5 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Hahaha, I'll admit some other shows like Rick and Morty made multiples aleternations of the protagonists work, but Spider-Man and Rick and Morty had a reason to do that in the story.

To be honest, since you made that TV comparison, most shows have had doppelgangers, Fringe, Star Trek, Flash/Arrow, and many more. I would not say Breaking Bad because it's realistic. But even Lost had Locke and Fake Locke. Sorry for OT.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/15/2019 at 6:59 PM, StaticMania said:

There's like no real reason for you to think this.

Let's commemorate and remember this quote.

On 2/11/2019 at 6:13 PM, Miragnarok said:

It’s also seven years later. And a different division of Sumo. 

This is a bit of a late reply, but I'm not sure why you brought this up in reply to my post? I was just explaining what I saw back when Transformed came out. 

I'm not trying to insinuate there are problems with STR *because* of what happened, if that's what you're trying to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is no need to "fix" the roster, I like it just fine, even compared to Crash, it's okay, it needs a couple more to complete it. My ideas:

Sonic Pack:

Speed - Espio

Tech - Cream

Power - Sticks

Sega Pack:

Speed - Ulala

Tech - NiGHTS

Power - AiAi

Simple. Done.

There is a lot to fix with this roster. Especially if you compare it to Transformed which had 30+ characters. Now they cut the roster in half with TSR which is just lame. Especially if you think of how freaking huge the roster of this franchise is. This would have been their best chance to finally use all of Sonic's shitty friends and they blew it!  

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Rowl said:

There is a lot to fix with this roster. Especially if you compare it to Transformed which had 30+ characters. Now we are cut the roster in half with TSR is just lame. Especially if you think how freaking huge the roster of this franchise is. This would have been their best chance to finally use all of Sonic's shitty friends and they blew it!  

It's still an improvement if you compare it to previous games which barely used Sonic's modern cast if you think about it. Crash also has 15 characters so far so I really don't see the problem. I already said Transformed had a lot of unwanted characters, like Pudding, MeeMee, Reala and Gum which were added later because of the 10 players increase, and obviously all the unnecessary PC characters no one asked for, which also didn't fit the cartoony roster of the game.

I prefer ASR's roster, with only 22 characters it was great and proves you can have a great balanced roster without too many characters and filler.

I want to compare TSR to Mania, because both are budget titles (apparently), "small but neat" in my opinion. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges though.

16. Don't forget they already announced that Nitros Oxide is a playable character this time around. So yeah, Crash already has more characters than Sonic and they hinted that they might have more characters for this game.

And the reason why they didn't use so many Sonic characters back then was, because this franchise was a crossover of Sega IPs. Not sure if you noticed that, but the whole idea behind the all-star games was to use other IPs besides Sonic. Kinda like Nintendo does it with their SSB series. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I know? I never said this. It's an improvement over other SONIC GAMES that did not use the cast at all, not over ASR I already said that its roster was great and balanced. And yes I think it's an improvement over Transformed though. TSR will also likely have more characters as either secrets or DLC. I'm really not worried or pissed even about the roster. Idk, game looks a bit restricted in content but still fun.

52 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

I know? I never said this. It's an improvement over other SONIC GAMES that did not use the cast at all, not over ASR I already said that its roster was great and balanced. And yes I think it's an improvement over Transformed though. TSR will also likely have more characters as either secrets or DLC. I'm really not worried or pissed even about the roster. Idk, game looks a bit restricted in content but still fun.

What a strange way to look at it. Literally anything is going to be an improvement when "Sonic, Sonic again and Your Name the Hedgehog" is the best that other Sonic games have dished out in the past decade, but that doesn't make it good. Especially by the standards of an ensemble racing/party game such as this with 12 players in each race. Unless we've been misled and 15 racers is only the starting point with more to unlock (unlikely given the cast and the promotion that has been given), 15 is a tiny number and harsh criticism of it is absolutely fair game. ASR and ASRT are absolutely the predecessors to this game regardless of the absence of wider SEGA representation this time around, so the cast has nosedived in numbers. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

40 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

What a strange way to look at it. Literally anything is going to be an improvement when "Sonic, Sonic again and Your Name the Hedgehog" is the best that other Sonic games have dished out in the past decade, but that doesn't make it good. Especially by the standards of an ensemble racing/party game such as this with 12 players in each race. Unless we've been misled and 15 racers is only the starting point with more to unlock (unlikely given the cast and the promotion that has been given), 15 is a tiny number and harsh criticism of it is absolutely fair game. ASR and ASRT are absolutely the predecessors to this game regardless of the absence of wider SEGA representation this time around, so the cast has nosedived in numbers. 

It's not a strange perspective, it's just not bitter or 100% black. It's an okay roster, it doesn't need fixing but just more characters. I agree though that 12 players and 15 characters is absolutely ridiculous, 15 is not enough, we need more, but I'm sure Sumo realised this and I hope they used these months of work to add more content...

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Rowl said:

There is a lot to fix with this roster. Especially if you compare it to Transformed which had 30+ characters. Now they cut the roster in half with TSR is just lame. Especially if you think of how freaking huge the roster of this franchise is. This would have been their best chance to finally use all of Sonic's shitty friends and they blew it!  

I know, right?

So here is my reply to that tweet.

Because this is actually a good gameplay tip. Tails and the other technical characters can drive on rough and slippery terrain without a speed and control penalty. In fact if you are playing as a technical character, this is really useful way to overtake opponents and even access shortcuts or weapon power ups that power and speed types can't access.

Edit:

Actually I got a better question...

Tell me I is not crazy and someone else sees that?

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh cool, now they're selling some cool original art! Can't wait to get it with Jun Senoue's new remix album!

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm really annoyed by this approach of marketing any sort of game, no matter if it's a small spin-off game or a big project. I know there's gonna be a SXSW panel next month and they'll probably do an info dump there, but it's been nearly 6 months without any substantial footage and very minimal new info on some stuff. And it would've been less of an issue if a lot of stuff were showcased early on, but we don't even know about a lot of stuff the game provides. We still haven't seen any new tracks in action (except for some 5-second clips), we still don't know how the customization will look like (y'know, the thing that was teased since the announcement of the game), how does multiplayer look like, how intricate the character classes can be, etc. In fact, we haven't seen much gameplay after the delay was done (not counting 5-second clips, cuz come on), only music and concept art. I know the delay can mess with the game's marketing, but there's still stuff we know nothing about, and the fact that we haven't seen any of it between the TGS footage and now is just stupid.

If somehow we don't get any new substantial, new and informative footage at or before SXSW, I'm gonna be livid. I know the OST is gonna be good, I know that concept art department can make cool stuff, I just wanna see what THE GAME ITSELF has to offer and what the team did since TGS 2018 (aka what the devs were doing for the last 6 months or so).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Concept art.........."remembers forces concept art" yea I'm still treating this game like a barging bin buy atm. Heck at least crash tries to show us new stuff. Calling it now this will be a ps plus game by dec "jk"

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

So here is my reply to that tweet.

Because this is actually a good gameplay tip. Tails and the other technical characters can drive on rough and slippery terrain without a speed and control penalty. In fact if you are playing as a technical character, this is really useful way to overtake opponents and even access shortcuts or weapon power ups that power and speed types can't access.

Edit:

Actually I got a better question...

Tell me I is not crazy and someone else sees that?

OldfashionedFittingAfricanclawedfrog-size_restricted.gif

The Iron Heart, yes.

Not so much with Gummyface.

2 things come to mind:

Is there another delay? Would explain the lack of marketing.

Or is Sega just trying to kill off Modern Sonic. They don't seem to care about it.

52 minutes ago, Jango said:

What level is this anyways? 

Maybe the lava level that we saw in the background of the snow level. Or it could be the mine level we saw in the screenshots.

Anyway... once again, this shows me why Crash Team Racing is the better-marketed game of the two. Sure, the marketing team of CTR also show us concept arts of the tracks, but at least they also show us gameplay videos and small trailers that show us tracks and animated characters in it. They also talk much more about the game compared to Sega. Heck Crash Team Racing showed us in one single day gameplay videos of three tracks (Crash Cove, Dingo Canyon, and Polar Pass) and full gameplay videos I dare say. Unlike with TSR which only show us small clips of them.

1 hour ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Or is Sega just trying to kill off Modern Sonic. They don't seem to care about it.

Sega lost their care of Sonic many years ago. If they would care about Sonic, they never would let games like 06, Shadow and Boom happen. This game's marketing just shows me once again, how little passion Sega has for their biggest IP. Nintendo cares about Mario and Zelda, and Activision, although they are nothing more than a bunch of greedy assholes, at least care enough about Crash and Spyro to make good games of them. But Sega... they just do not care. The only make Sonic games now because they sell well. Sega knows that Sonic is such a beloved character that kids, families and hardcore fans will buy games as long as Sonic's name is on the cover. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What else could they show? We know all the characters and all the vehicles and power-ups. And I doubt that the story modus will be that exciting so that they can talk over 20 minutes about it. 

Whatever they plan, I hope they finally get people interested in the game. So far they didn't really do a good job in hooking people up. Maybe they should start showing us small trailers of characters and tracks like CTR does. 

• Thumbs Up 1