Jump to content
Ryannumber1gamer

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Because no-one knows how to actually programme a fully-fledged game here.

'course we can! We have plenty of good ideas, just gotta get the right guys. Like, if the people at Sumo ever suggested such characters to Sonic Team, why would they refuse doing it? Even the likes of Espio or Charmy.

*Sumo employee: Sir, I have an idea. ESPIO. What you think?*

*Sonic Team: That's nice, but can you make Omochao instead?*

*SE: B..but sir, Espio is a great, classic character, people have been asking for him for a long time and I don't think anyone cares for Omochao and...*

*ST: I like Omochao, the fans will like it too, they are always asking for a Chao Garden return!*

*SE: But sir, I don't think that's what they mea...*

*ST: Get back to work we gotta ship this before summer! Also, how's Zavok going?*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Why the President when his Secretary was so much more compelling? She even had her own menu theme but hasn't ever been playable ffs

Because he's a character that actually kinda mattered?

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Seriously, why are WE not making this game instead? 

Money.

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

Technically, some people already did! (And thanks to the modding community, there's a constant slew of new characters and tracks coming out for it)

Those palette swaps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I'm reporting this as a personal attack as I feel my post implied very clearly that I was misremembering how Maria looked with the in-engine graphics and was happy, Tracker. =(

You say that as if her ShTH CG render doesn't look like she's been possessed by a demon.

image.png.1931c1c3b16ac0dfc3ce255e06795c88.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jango said:

'course we can! We have plenty of good ideas, just gotta get the right guys. Like, if the people at Sumo ever suggested such characters to Sonic Team, why would they refuse doing it? Even the likes of Espio or Charmy.

*Sumo employee: Sir, I have an idea. ESPIO. What you think?*

*Sonic Team: That's nice, but can you make Omochao instead?*

*SE: B..but sir, Espio is a great, classic character, people have been asking for him for a long time and I don't think anyone cares for Omochao and...*

*ST: I like Omochao, the fans will like it too, they are always asking for a Chao Garden return!*

*SE: But sir, I don't think that's what they mea...*

*ST: Get back to work we gotta ship this before summer! Also, how's Zavok going?*

No one wants the ideas guy. That's a job literally anyone can do because everybody has ideas.

Knowing how to actually produce games is a skill, something which virtually no one here has.

People take the piss out of Sonic Team, but if the SSMB were put into a studio where they had to make a game, you would all be running to Nakamura and the guys who made Forces and would be useless without them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, seeing Infinite again may be a pipe dream. Or, perhaps they have a sequel to Forces in works and we finally will get the boss fight with him in that one screenshot since he's been absorbed into the nexus or whatever.

Although, you make that place explode so... But maybe not and they will use him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plasme said:

No one wants the ideas guy. That's a job literally anyone can do because everybody has ideas.

Knowing how to actually produce games is a skill, something which virtually no one here has.

People take the piss out of Sonic Team, but if the SSMB were put into a studio where they had to make a game, you would all be running to Nakamura and the guys who made Forces and would be useless without them.

I hope you know I was kidding.

And surely anyone can have ideas. But not everyone can have good ideas. Also, if Nakamura can press some buttons and program a good idea anyone here have, then there you go, done. Not to mention I think we'd all be running to Christian Whitehead, Simon, Tom, Tee, and not Sonic Team's excuse for devs :V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Technically, some people already did! (And thanks to the modding community, there's a constant slew of new characters and tracks coming out for it)

Ew, I tried it and it's really meh, it's a fun idea to make a classic karting game but, my God, is it impractical as hell to play. 

> wants to play a Solo race

> Only time trial allowed with ghosts and speed boosts

Ugh

> Wants to play as characters with original colors

> Has to swap between millions of color palettes

Duh

> Tries to play an actual race with Online mode

> No one is online because it's a fangame obviously, so not many people play it

Okay, I quit.

So that's my short experience with the game, I get it, it has cool power ups and 100 tracks, a cool drift system, but what's with the weird decisions? I know I should go easy on it because it's a fangame not not official, but here we are treating fan stuff better than official games, so it's a fair opinion.

Why can't they program AI? Is it that hard?

Why the frustrating color swaps system?

Why do I need mods to add more than 5 characters?

Online only, allowed. Got it, meh not interested. Impractical as hell as I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Ew, I tried it and it's really meh, it's a fun idea to make a classic karting game but, my God, is it impractical as hell to play. 

> wants to play a Solo race

> Only time trial allowed with ghosts and speed boosts

Ugh

> Wants to play as characters with original colors

> Has to swap between millions of color palettes

Duh

> Tries to play an actual race with Online mode

> No one is

Why can't they program AI? Is it that hard?

Why the frustrating color swaps system?

Why do I need mods to add more than 5 characters?

Online only, allowed. Got it, meh not interested. Impractical as hell as I said.

> Time trial is indeed currently the only single player mode. I think that’s a shame, but coding AI *is* difficult - and to be honest I find the staff ghosts are an OK stand in.

> if you want to play as the original colours just hit backspace on the colour selection menu. Simple. The colour swap system is so people can play as the same character but still differentiate themselves - that, and because it’s on the DOOM engine.

> there’s plenty of 24/7 dedicated servers and a lively Discord community for organising netgames too

> making characters takes time. That and every update adds new characters into the packed in bonuschars.kart file so it’s not much of an issue

I don’t want to make this topic about the merits of SRB2 Kart because I’ll probably make its own topic for it later, but c’mon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go on, make a thread for it to explain it a bit more. I'm all for it, I was actually interested in the game before I played it, I'm willing to give it another shot at online at least and mods. I need to try some arcade racing desperately, while I wait for TSR and CTRNF. Sorry for OT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jango said:

Ah nah man, remember Sonic Runners? Seriously, WHO was in charge for that game? The freaking Caliburn sword from Black Knight and the killing orca from Sonic Adventure were in that game, along with maaaany other throwback personalities, even goddamn Mephiles and the WEREHOG.

I really thought Team Sonic Racing would have this level of fan service back then... Too bad it barely scratched the surface.

Yeah, it seems Sega became way more conservative in 2017 and onwards. I was genuinely surprised to see Cream merchandise this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what that lava giant has to do with anything. Probably Dodonpa’s fault. He might have created that to serve as a distraction for the racers. I like how it fits Forces’s sort of in between the zany critters of Lost World and the grittier ones before that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Never realised Gerald was posessed too. Those eyes under the glasses are bulging, wanting to escape.

My dudes, we need a horror themed Sonic game!

Not only with demonic eyed humans but Tails as a vampire.

And Willem Dafoe is back as Ryuk.

Yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

No offence, but are you even serious right now?

The point is that yes, coding the AI for a mod of fangame thats actually a mod of Doom from 1998 is that hard. It's a multiplayer fan game made for multiplayer and let me just stress one part there; "it's a fan game". I don't even know what you're expecting. Blimey...

OK. I can't complain. Let's get back on topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I wonder what that lava giant has to do with anything. Probably Dodonpa’s fault. He might have created that to serve as a distraction for the racers. I like how it fits Forces’s sort of in between the zany critters of Lost World and the grittier ones before that.

Lava Giant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.