Jump to content
Ryannumber1gamer

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, StellarBlur said:

Yeah ! Imagine one of those tracks that doesn't have three laps but just keeps going until the end. It'd be awesome ! The one track I truly want is Night Palace from Secret Rings because that's such a cool aesthetic but it'll never happen.

Night Palace was also on my Wish List I posted a few pages back. So yeah, in total agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Night Palace was also on my Wish List I posted a few pages back. So yeah, in total agreement.

We might not be getting those but, hopefully, the game still has some nice surprises.

1 hour ago, Tracker_TD said:

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1176/345/index.html

002_o.jpg

Loooooot Boxes. Or rather, gacha. This article doesn't mention any paid method, fortunately, so it's likely just going to be like Mario Kart 8 where you unlock stuff at coin intervals. 

Wasn't that confirmed at the SXSW panel ? There is no way they'll make us pay for loot boxes tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, StellarBlur said:

Wasn't that confirmed at the SXSW panel ? There is no way they'll make us pay for loot boxes tho.

Oh aye, this is just our first image of it (and that in the JP version, it's literally referred to as "Gacha").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, StellarBlur said:

There is no way they'll make us pay for loot boxes tho.

We will have to wait until the game comes out.

Spoiler

or if it is leaked early.

 

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Oh aye, this is just our first image of it (and that in the JP version, it's literally referred to as "Gacha").

Let's hope it doesn't turn into Sonic Runners Roulette Wheel 2: Racing for Parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1176/345/index.html

002_o.jpg

Loooooot Boxes. Or rather, gacha. This article doesn't mention any paid method, fortunately, so it's likely just going to be like Mario Kart 8 where you unlock stuff at coin intervals. 

The SXSW panel said things would be unlocked at random. It's not my ideal method, but it's not bad. However, if there's any option (and therefore an incentive) to pay to unlock things faster, SEGA can fuck right off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gacha? Aw man, this is worst than playing the same modes again, again and again in World Tour to unlock your favorite characters in Sonic & Sega: All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I think the first Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing had the best unlock method of the series: Just gather Sega Miles while racing casually and buy whatever character, racing track or music you want.

IMG_0107.png

(This screenshot is from the iOS version. There's no option to buy Sega Miles in the console versions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cayenne said:

(This screenshot is from the iOS version. There's no option to buy Sega Miles in the console versions)

You sure? I could have sworn that you could spend more money to unlock all the characters & tracks IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

You sure? I could have sworn that you could spend more money to unlock all the characters & tracks IIRC.

Well, I played the DS, PC and Xbox 360 versions and I don't remember seeing that option before, but I may be wrong. To be honest, the DS version is the only one that is still fresh in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

The SXSW panel said things would be unlocked at random. It's not my ideal method, but it's not bad. However, if there's any option (and therefore an incentive) to pay to unlock things faster, SEGA can fuck right off.

If there's one thing my cynical ass is still certain of, it's the fact that this game won't have loot boxes or a pay to win thing. There's just some things I feel conditioned to expect them to do and to not do when it comes to certain games, good and bad. There's a lot of bad that they do when it comes to Sonic but this ain't it. At least when it comes to things that aren't mobile titles. Not saying it's impossible but it would be a first for them and I don't see "Team Sonic Racing" being the thing that broke the mold on that front. 

I also struggle to see what the point of implementing a system like that would even be considering how moderate the content of the game is. It's bad enough there's only 15 characters but if only 9 were unlockable in-game and the rest you had to pay for, that'd be going from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat after years of having no loot boxes whatsoever and all the DLC being completely free. I suppose the focus could be on the customization stuff but... for as interesting as that was I'm still not feeling the weight of it to see it as a sustainable loot box system.

I feel like the stuff that's unlockable in this game will be unlocked fairly easily and quickly. Which I'm also not too jazzed about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

If there's one thing my cynical ass is still certain of, it's the fact that this game won't have loot boxes or a pay to win thing. There's just some things I feel conditioned to expect them to do and to not do when it comes to certain games, good and bad. There's a lot of bad that they do when it comes to Sonic but this ain't it. At least when it comes to things that aren't mobile titles. Not saying it's impossible but it would be a first for them and I don't see "Team Sonic Racing" being the thing that broke the mold on that front. 

I also struggle to see what the point of implementing a system like that would even be considering how moderate the content of the game is. It's bad enough there's only 15 characters but if only 9 were unlockable in-game and the rest you had to pay for, that'd be going from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat for them after years of having no loot boxes whatsoever and all the DLC being completely free. I suppose the focus could be on the customization stuff but... for as interesting as that was I'm still not feeling the weight of it to see it as a sustainable loot box system.

I feel like the stuff that's unlockable in this game will be unlocked fairly easily and quickly. Which I'm also not too jazzed about. 

To add to this, they tried to sell us Super Sonic DLC in Forces and the backlash was so strong that they ended up making it free. I don't think they'd try something worse here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StellarBlur said:

To add to this, they tried to sell us Super Sonic DLC in Forces and the backlash was so strong that they ended up making it free. I don't think they'd try something worse here.

Even then, the Super Sonic DLC started out free and was going to be paid later. Which is still absurd. The idea of charging for something as (and I'm gonna say it) useless as Super Sonic when he's been in all the games as a free unlockable up to that point was stupid, regardless if it was going to be free at first or not. 

They're still a corporation so they no doubt want your money but they've not shown to be supreme active participants in the EA, Activision Blizzard, and WB "Give us a ludicrous amount right fucking now" scheme these loot boxes employ. 

I seriously think their biggest problems are just stupidity and laziness, above anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, it's been long enough since we last saw Final Fortress that I'm fine with them bringing it back. I don't feel fatigued seeing it again like Seaside Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

Team-Sonic-Racing-screenshot-04-5.jpg.9269c6f952a28545b47aea5c8f3a4092.jpg.a944978272e180cb854ab3db21ab1095.jpg

I was really hoping that the location Cubot was at in Team Sonic Racing wasn't yet another ripped track from the previous Sonic racing games, but after examining Cubot's background in this screenshot and Dark Arsenal from Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, it's safe to say they are bringing back Final Fortress, unfortunately.

Guess this means that literally almost half of Team Sonic Racing's entire track roster will be ripped tracks from previous games with little to no changes whatsoever.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Not to mention that Cubot’s render is the same one from Colors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iizuka said at SXSW that you unlock the parts clearing offline or online races regardless if you win or lose, so I don't think there's any greedy scheme behind that slot machine, you'll just randomly earn the parts while playing. Maybe those coins are scattered on the track like in Transformed, or they'll be converted from rings.

I wish they had made an item trailer on the wisps, some of them look quite interesting in how they're handled in the game, plus there's the Invincibility power-up that's supposedly only on hidden/difficult parts of the track no one has even seen yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, do a barrel roll said:

I really wish I could give this game a chance, but there's just so little content and so much re-used stuff from past games, and now possibly microtransactions...

 

Micro-transactions are only a problem when they are walling off content that should be free or the when the in-game economy is so heavily slanted against you that the micro-transactions are the only feesible way to progress. Nothing points to this game doing either of that.

Absolutely no one should be complaining over the appearance of paid content if they are reserved and implemented in a manner similar to Lost World. Extra lives were so monumentally easy to come by, that there was never a real need or urgency there to buy them with actual money. Its just an option there for people who want to use it, and there was no devious economy balancing or master scheme there to force the masses to buy them. Lets not start building mountains out of ant hills.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That just makes it all the more pointless selling lives if they’re already piss easy to earn in game, and just makes it feel like it’s there for the sake of it. Regardless, my stance on microtransactions is that they should only be implemented in free to play games to begin with, so either way, I really don’t give two shits about if they’re “justified” in having them there or not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignoring the Denuvo thing for the moment... I gotta say, I was originally skeptical about this game since they didn't show much, but now I'm interested to see what this game has in store when it comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I was looking back through the threads and I found something interesting. 

Apparently, customization was something we all collectively knew about back in June of 2018 when a Famitsu article was released. It was also how we found out about there being a single racing mode. 

Yet, when the customization trailer dropped a short while back we all reacted as if it was a new thing that was being revealed. This was most likely because months had gone by without any new info or any new reason to talk about it. 

Is there anyone here who actually remembered that customization was something that had already been revealed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

So, I was looking back through the threads and I found something interesting. 

Apparently, customization was something we all collectively knew about back in June of 2018 when a Famitsu article was released. It was also how we found out about there being a single racing mode. 

Yet, when the customization trailer dropped a short while back we all reacted as if it was a new thing that was being revealed. This was most likely because months had gone by without any new info or any new reason to talk about it. 

Is there anyone here who actually remembered that customization was something that had already been revealed?

 

When I first heard there was gonna be customization (back in May with the Walmart leak iirc), that was one thing I was waiting for them to showcase for a long time. It was a pretty rough wait for me, to say the least, but finally we got the look at it and it actually was better than I expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure most people remembered, I kept seeing the customization thing coming up in discussions why there's so few characters.

In fact, this whole Customize your car thing is really just the Avatar system again.
Still hoping the Forces Avatar shows up as a bonus character.
It just makes too much sense not too.
....Which is not a valid argument when it comes to predicting Sega.

Race track I'm mostly curious about is the Doctor's mine, surpringly.
I always thought the whole dangerous construction zone in the middle of a tranquil landscape was a cool concept and I love the red and green constrasts.
Seems that particular racetrack is going to play up the level theme once again.
Not to mention great to finally play trough that level with gameplay I actually enjoy and not all the Wisp puzzle nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.