Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

Famitsu seems to be really lenient  when it comes to reviews. Pretty sure even Forces recieved a high score from them.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2019 at 2:56 PM, Plasme said:

I'd much rather the light-hearted nature of those games then the grimness of Forces, probably one of the worst written Sonic games of all time.

Sonic getting tortured, a random shift to a dark tone, but for no reason because he seems unaffected by it.

Tails 'losing' it and then immediately going back to normal after seeing Classic Sonic.

Knuckles randomly being the leader of the group and taking the half-baked war aspect comically seriously.

And Infinite, while probably the best character out of the bunch, talking in ridiculously melodramatic lines and being almost completely two dimensional.

It's hard to think of a Sonic game other than 06 which is as atrociously written as Forces. 

Sonic Forces is both too dark and too lighthearted at the same time. Comic relief is relentless and out of place, juxtaposed carelessly against apocalyptic imagery that makes the whole thing feel hollow and fake. 

On 5/7/2019 at 3:56 PM, Plasme said:

I'd much rather the light-hearted nature of those games then the grimness of Forces, probably one of the worst written Sonic games of all time.

Sonic getting tortured, a random shift to a dark tone, but for no reason because he seems unaffected by it.

Tails 'losing' it and then immediately going back to normal after seeing Classic Sonic.

Knuckles randomly being the leader of the group and taking the half-baked war aspect comically seriously.

And Infinite, while probably the best character out of the bunch, talking in ridiculously melodramatic lines and being almost completely two dimensional.

It's hard to think of a Sonic game other than 06 which is as atrociously written as Forces. 

I little late, but like... they could just write a more serious game in future not like forces. Folks like sa2 for a reason.

As for now I'm fine with Team Sonic Racing the way it is, outside of voice acting and writing woes

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Because SEGA probably didn't put much money on this game...

That cheap tho ? It doesn't seem like it would have been that much more expensive.

6 hours ago, DaN said:

I’m still a little sad that there seems to be no  secret characters/tracks. I kinda expected something like Classic Sonic or Dodonpa itself and Radiant Emerald as the ultimate R reference. Heck, not even Eggpawn which is actually ready.

Nothing... there’s still hope for DLC’s...

I know this is a huge leap, but imagine if this game sells well enough we could have  a massive Expansion a la Ultimate Team Sonic Racing with 15 more characters and 15 more stages. No way huh? 😂

I still don't quite get why anyone thought there'd be any Classic characters. I never expected there to be any secret characters or tracks and I have no hope for DLC. Especially after Aaron said there won't be any after being asked twice on two streams.

They won't release a TSR Ultimate or anything like that either. It'll be like with Forces, where the game will release and they'll be done with it and move on without making mention of it again. Even if it got Sonic Mania reception I can't see them adding anything to it. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I still don't quite get why anyone thought there'd be any Classic characters

After Generations, Classic was it in quite a lot. Runners, Dash, Forces being the big ones to come to mind. Wouldn’t at all have surprised me to see him show up here as well. 

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

After Generations, Classic was it in quite a lot. Runners, Dash, Forces being the big ones to come to mind. Wouldn’t at all have surprised me to see him show up here as well. 

It would have to me.

Generations and Forces were done with a specific idea in mind. Generations was done to celebrate 20 years of Sonic by pitting the two Sonic's together in a game. Forces was done to shamelessly copy it. 

Runners and Dash are mobile games. Those usually tend to be more open and okay with throwing in whoever they want. That's why you can only ever play as Charmy and Espio in those.

It's different for them when it comes to their console party games though. Stuff like the Olympics, or Riders, or even this is usually a lot more strict with it's roster. If the game is focused on the Modern cast, it'll have the Modern cast only. That's just how it goes. 

There was never any chance that they were going to put Classic characters in this. They couldn't even put the entire Chaotix gang in this because they're so hesitant to use anyone in these console titles. That's also why the Olympics roster hasn't changed since the first Winter Olympics title. The most they've done is allow you to play as a guest/rival character for one event in the Rio Olympics. But only the one event they appear in. Not any others. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It would have me too. The classic appearances have been restricted to either Forces (which was story-related, as weak as someone may find it) or mobile games. Not this type of game. 

Aaron's saying the same thing about the DLC on the stream yet again. The same thing about everything being in the game and not taking anything out to sell it back to us. Every time someone brings it up, the same thing. 

They're bringing it up because they want it. Someone even typed in all caps in the chat "WE WANT IT THOUGH!" 

Is he really not understanding why it keeps being asked? 

Whatever. It's not like he can do anything about it anyway. It's just frustrating that he doesn't seem to be responding to the question correctly. Even a typical non-answer like "No news on DLC" would be better than the very idea of it being vilified like this. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Aaron's saying the same thing about the DLC on the stream yet again. The same thing about everything being in the game and not taking anything out to sell it back to us. Every time someone brings it up, the same thing. 

They're bringing it up because they want it. Someone even typed in all caps in the chat "WE WANT IT THOUGH!" 

Whatever. It's not like he can do anything about it anyway. It's just frustrating that he doesn't seem to be responding to the question correctly. Even a typical non-answer like "No news on DLC" would be better than the very idea of it being vilified like this. 

You do understand he cannot comment on DLC if there isn't information on it right? So what he's saying is a line he's gonna keep saying untill or if some gets announced.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

You do understand he cannot comment on DLC if there isn't information on it right? So what he's saying is a line he's gonna keep saying untill or if some gets announced.

You need to read my posts before commenting. You seriously need start doing that. 

First of all, HE IS commenting on DLC. He's straight up saying it's NOT in the game! This is the third time he's said the same thing about it.

Second of all, I straight up said that I would prefer he NOT comment on it and say that there's no news on it than him saying that it's not in the game and treating the idea of it as though they're microtransactions when they're not the same thing at all.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

You need to read my posts before commenting. You seriously need start doing that. 

First of all, HE IS commenting on DLC. He's straight up saying it's NOT in the game! This is the third time he's said the same thing about it.

Second of all, I straight up said that I would prefer he NOT comment on it and say that there's no news on it than him saying that it's not in the game and treating the idea of it as though they're microtransactions when they're not the same thing at all.

I did. And to respond to that and him " commenting " on it.

He didn't, that's a non answer. Untill you get official confirmation that the dev team has moved on to other shit, its a non answer. He can't say anything if it exists or if it doesn't exists. And before you say " well he said no " games have been leaked, some of them by sega , then the parent company denies its existence until they are ready to show it. If it exist, it will happen. It if don't, it wont. He can't say shit, stop worrying about it

10 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

He understands perfectly I'm sure. It's trying to spin no DLC as a positive and it's job so I can't blame him for it. I don't think there's any DLC planned at the moment, however, that might still change.

Also, I've found footage of Dark Arsenal and Turbine Loop online so that's it for that mystery. No Egg Hangar.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

I did. And to respond to that and him " commenting " on it.

He didn't, that's a non answer. Untill you get official confirmation that the dev team has moved on to other shit, its a non answer. He can't say anything if it exists or if it doesn't exists. And before you say " well he said no " games have been leaked, some of them by sega , then the parent company denies its existence until they are ready to show it. If it exist, it will happen. It if don't, it wont. He can't say shit, stop worrying about it

You're not. You can't be because your reply makes no sense. 

First of all, it's not a non-answer. He's saying it's not in the game. He's spelling it out. The dev team and them have decided that they "don't want to take things out and sell it back to us" so all the stuff in the game is what we're getting. That is what he's saying. This is not a non-answer. This isn't him going "no comment". 

If he was saying "no comment" he would say instead, "No news on DLC right now". That's not what he said.

Second, again, my issue is the fact that he's treating it as though DLC in and of itself is a bad thing and that's not the case. What's frustrating is that he's not actually acknowledging the actual intent behind the question. People want the DLC but he's responding as though DLC is a bad thing. 

Also, him saying no is not the same thing as a non-answer. That makes no sense as well. If you wish to say it's possible he's lying, then fine. But that's not the same as not commenting on it. He is commenting on it. 

1 hour ago, StellarBlur said:

He understands perfectly I'm sure. It's trying to spin no DLC as a positive and it's job so I can't blame him for it. I don't think there's any DLC planned at the moment, however, that might still change.

If that's his intention than that's unfortunate. I suppose I see the necessity for it since the game clearly doesn't have any DLC but it's just one of those things that makes me wish they took a page from Nintendo and started getting into the groove of adding some.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

First of all, it's not a non-answer. He's saying it's not in the game. He's spelling it out. The dev team and them have decided that they "don't want to take things out and sell it back to us" so all the stuff in the game is what we're getting.

LVyXWfg.jpg

Well, on the DLC topic, it isn't always planned ahead of time.  If they see that a) Enough people want it, b) People feel there's not enough content or c) The developers see it's success and want to continue doing it, we may get some.  SEGA said the exact same thing about Mania Plus, and they also did not initially have plans for Super Sonic in Forces.  So there's precedent for them to change their minds.

1 hour ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Well, on the DLC topic, it isn't always planned ahead of time.  If they see that a) Enough people want it, b) People feel there's not enough content or c) The developers see it's success and want to continue doing it, we may get some.  SEGA said the exact same thing about Mania Plus, and they also did not initially have plans for Super Sonic in Forces.  So there's precedent for them to change their minds.

That's fine. My issue here isn't whether or not it's in the game. I just don't like the fact that Aaron's response is to make it seem like DLC being in the game is a bad thing.

I wish he would just say "No news on DLC right now" or just say "No." Even if those were lies, it'd be better than making it sound like DLC in and of itself is bad. 

The fact that he's doing that at all is confirmation, to me at least, that they're not changing their minds on this. If they do then his comments about DLC being the same as "taking content out and selling it back to us" is going to come off as weird. 

Technically speaking it's also kinda hypocritical in the wake of Sonic Mania since additional character remnants were datamined from the base game way before Plus was a thing.