Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

Classic Sonic being unavailable to play as is a blessing at this point, though, with his oversaturation everywhere else. And much like Zavok, his prescence in the modern era is tarnished enough that people would have complained about more of the Modern era cast not being in.

Yup, everything is up there on you of tube now.

I’ve got to say from looking at some quick footage of all the tracks the game suffers the same problem Sonic Mania has - the returning content is great and all (and the new coat of paint is BEAUTIFUL)... but the new tracks are what kills me, because they are sooooo much better and more inventive than the older designs. 

It’s a horribly bittersweet feeling on that front. But also reliving to see the game is totally going to live up my expectations. I can’t wait to start playing this in just 4 days!

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, DaN said:

I’m still a little sad that there seems to be no  secret characters/tracks. I kinda expected something like Classic Sonic or Dodonpa itself and Radiant Emerald as the ultimate R reference. Heck, not even Eggpawn which is actually ready.

Nothing... there’s still hope for DLC’s...

I know this is a huge leap, but imagine if this game sells well enough we could have  a massive Expansion a la Ultimate Team Sonic Racing with 15 more characters and 15 more stages. No way huh? 😂

6 hours ago, StellarBlur said:

I don't understand why Egg Pawn isn't an extra 16th playable character than can be any of the 3 classes. It just doesn't make sense to me. His car and model are in the game and since he's a robot he doesn't require them to do much voice work, just use egg pawn sound effects. Sure, perhaps they don't want to implement customization for him but I personally would have been fine with him not having it tbh.

Well that's pretty questionably lame.

Also, spoilers?

3 hours ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Sonic Forces is both too dark and too lighthearted at the same time. Comic relief is relentless and out of place, juxtaposed carelessly against apocalyptic imagery that makes the whole thing feel hollow and fake. 

To be fair, Forces in general just kinda smelled of SonicTeam overcorrecting and then mostly slumming it after what happened with Lost World.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

After Generations, Classic was it in quite a lot. Runners, Dash, Forces being the big ones to come to mind. Wouldn’t at all have surprised me to see him show up here as well. 

So they'd put in Classic characters, who generally don't talk, are glorified clones but in reverse, and are now considered another dimension, over the more distinct ones like Cream, Espio, or even Zeena?

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Aaron's saying the same thing about the DLC on the stream yet again. The same thing about everything being in the game and not taking anything out to sell it back to us. Every time someone brings it up, the same thing. 

They're bringing it up because they want it. Someone even typed in all caps in the chat "WE WANT IT THOUGH!" 

Is he really not understanding why it keeps being asked? 

Whatever. It's not like he can do anything about it anyway. It's just frustrating that he doesn't seem to be responding to the question correctly. Even a typical non-answer like "No news on DLC" would be better than the very idea of it being vilified like this. 

From what I can tell by your account(I don't watch these things), it's essentially him going, "There is no DLC at this time, but I've been advised not to directly say that. So here's a professional workaround."

57 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

When will all the cutscenes be uploaded  on youtube?

Hopefully after the game officially launches.

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Classic Sonic being unavailable to play as is a blessing at this point, though, with his oversaturation everywhere else. And much like Zavok, his prescence in the modern era is tarnished enough that people would have complained about more of the Modern era cast not being in.

Zavok is Modern though...?

11 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

are glorified clones 

Shadows in

and are now considered another dimension,

And blaze would be...

over the more distinct ones like Cream, Espio, or even Zeena?

Not saying C. Sonic would take priority(though Zeena? Do people actually give a shit about her?), but Sega use him for that nostalgia grab, so even if we take into account party console games, and their tendencies with Sonic, given Sega’s nostalgia angle they love to milk, it wouldn’t really be a out there idea and hell wouldn’t even have been shocked to hear if he was considered. Though can’t say it’s all that much of a deal him being here or not. Simply saying it wouldn’t surprise me had he have shown up, even if that’d be a first for him regarding the Sonic party games. It’s one of the few instances though where I wouldn’t mind him showing up regardless though since this is first and foremost a party game vs a mainline adventure.

26 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Shadows in

Palette swaps then. You know what I mean.

30 minutes ago, KHCast said:

And blaze would be...

Blaze has her own name, abilities, backstory, and design though. Same with Shadow.

26 minutes ago, KHCast said:

(though Zeena? Do people actually give a shit about her?), 

Not really, but that's technically accentuating the point.

32 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Not saying C. Sonic would take priority(though Zeena? Do people actually give a shit about her?), but Sega use him for that nostalgia grab, so even if we take into account party console games, and their tendencies with Sonic, given Sega’s nostalgia angle they love to milk, it wouldn’t really be a out there idea and hell wouldn’t even have been shocked to hear if he was considered. Though can’t say it’s all that much of a deal him being here or not. Simply saying it wouldn’t surprise me had he have shown up, even if that’d be a first for him regarding the Sonic party games. 

Ah, gotcha.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Shadows in

This ain't it dog

On the note on the game itself

Out of context

Asset reuse is some crazy shit huh

And

Infinite just strait up gone huh

After seeing a clip, Silver's new voice is bad. Really bad. Like, I know he's had a chequered voice career (Future Trunks knockoff, Raiden knockoff) but now he jus sounds...naisily. Like Jet the Hawk in Free Riders.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Well that's pretty questionably lame.

Also, spoilers?

What spoilers ?

28 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

After seeing a clip, Silver's new voice is bad. Really bad. Like, I know he's had a chequered voice career (Future Trunks knockoff, Raiden knockoff) but now he jus sounds...naisily. Like Jet the Hawk in Free Riders.

Its not that he sounds BAD...just that he sounds NOTHING like he's been sounding since 2010. They didn't even attempt to make him sound like he did before, and that's jarring as fuck .

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, DabigRG said:

From what I can tell by your account(I don't watch these things), it's essentially him going, "There is no DLC at this time, but I've been advised not to directly say that. So here's a professional workaround."

Not it's not.

It is not.

That doesn't make any sense as a "professional workaround".  He's talking like the very idea of including DLC is bad and comparing it to nickel and diming people.  He's saying that they agreed that everything in the game should be IN the game because "we don't want to leave content out of the game and sell it back to you" . That is in no way equivalent to him saying "I can't say anything right now."

I do not understand how it's possible anyone could interpret that as him working around anything or him dodging the question. 

If he's lying than he's a really, really bad PR person. Why would he make the idea of including DLC sound so bad only to watch them include it later?

Plus, even if they for some odd reason, advised him not to say "There's no plans for DLC at this time" why wouldn't he just say "I don't know"?

Why go off on a tirad about how including DLC would be a bad thing? 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

If he's lying than he's a really, really bad PR person.

PR lies all the time dude

sometimes its their job

Corporations and their employee's are not your friend unless you know the latter personally.

39 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Silver is a good boy.

26 minutes ago, StellarBlur said:

What spoilers ?

Story details beyond the basic setup. 

10 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Its not that he sounds BAD...just that he sounds NOTHING like he's been sounding since 2010. They didn't even attempt to make him sound like he did before, and that's jarring as fuck .

Which to me just sounded like a more competent version of what he already sounded like.

Yeesh.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Not it's not.

It is not.

That doesn't make any sense as a "professional workaround".  He's talking like the very idea of including DLC is bad and comparing it to nickel and diming people.  He's saying that they agreed that everything in the game should be IN the game because "we don't want to leave content out of the game and sell it back to you" . That is in no way equivalent to him saying "I can't say anything right now."

I do not understand how it's possible anyone could interpret that as him working around anything or him dodging the question. 

If he's lying than he's a really, really bad PR person. Why would he make the idea of including DLC sound so bad only to watch them include it later?

Plus, even if they for some odd reason, advised him not to say "There's no plans for DLC at this time" why wouldn't he just say "I don't know"?

Why go off on a tirad about how including DLC would be a bad thing? 

So, overcovering his tracks? Okay, I see what you mean.

Also, Updates are a thing.

4 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Story details beyond the basic setup. 

I was talking about Egg Pawn tho.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

PR lies all the time dude

sometimes its their job

Corporations and their employee's are not your friend unless you know the latter personally.

I know that. Aaron lies all the time and says things don't exist when they do. He even lied about the existence of this very game.

However, if you actually read what I'm saying, what I'm frustrated about is the methodology here.

If he was going to lie, all he would need to do is say, "No." or "I don't know." or "There's no news about DLC at this time."

What he's actually saying makes it sound like DLC is a bad thing that they don't want to include for all these bad reasons.

If it were to turn out that the game had DLC in it, than his actions here make no sense.

Why make it sound like the idea of including DLC is bad if the game actually does have DLC in it? All that does is make your game look bad. 

That's BAD PR. 

I don't like having to constantly repeat myself and dumb this down over and over again. 

It sounds like he's just saying there's no "On-Disc" DLC...

"On-Data"?

Possible?

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, StellarBlur said:

I was talking about Egg Pawn tho.

Oh yeah.

Um, basically I think it revolved around a secret character in general. Not that we didn't know otherwise, sure, but you know.

So is no one going to talk about Silver's new voice? I have no idea why they changed it but here you go.

This is definitely Bryce Papenbrook. When I heard his voice I got instantly reminded of Makoto Naegi from Danganronpa.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Detective Kaito said:

So is no one going to talk about Silver's new voice? 

Plenty were talking about it on the last page. Thanks for posting something where I can finally hear it though.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

It sounds even better than before.

You know, the voice itself isn't bad at all. That's definitely Bryce. It's not quite his Eren Yeager or his Kirito but it's totally him.

When I first heard it, I was reminded of Jet from Free Riders a bit but the more I listened it started to come off very "Anime protagonist". 

I'll need to wait and see. I can see myself getting used to it but it's still incredibly jarring.

11 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

It sounds even better than before.

It doesn't sound like Silver at all. That might be the reason why you like it, but it misses the point.

He sounds like a dork, which fits my definition for sounding like Silver well enough.

• Thumbs Up 4

21 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

So is no one going to talk about Silver's new voice? I have no idea why they changed it but here you go.

This is definitely Bryce Papenbrook. When I heard his voice I got instantly reminded of Makoto Naegi from Danganronpa.

I was reading someone say their contracts where up do maybe Quinton didn't renew his? It'd certainly explain why Knuckles has a new voice too. 

BTW any idea who's voicing Knuckles? 

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

It doesn't sound like Silver at all. That might be the reason why you like it, but it misses the point.

Its a departure from where he was before, that's for sure. Even more from how he sounded in 2006.

Its gonna take some getting used to. Especially if he barely shows up after this game.

Interesting how yet another racing game ushered in a new line of voices.