Awoo.

Is listening to Sonic music online on youtube illegal/stealing?

ShadowSJG

1 hour ago, ShadowSJG said:

Also, with some tracks, there are extensions on youtube. Is there any way to get them as a consumer?

These extensions are usually edited by the person in question, so no they are not available on a consumer basis.  (Like, I seriously doubt there's a licensed CD out there selling six hours of Green Hill Zone out there, lol)

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Tara said:

These extensions are usually edited by the person in question, so no they are not available on a consumer basis.  (Like, I seriously doubt there's a licensed CD out there selling six hours of Green Hill Zone out there, lol)

The CDs are quadruple layered, I hear

• Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I upload tracks all the time to youtube from the osts i own lol. Unless sega ask me to  take them down they stay up. Same for nintendos stuff. Nintendo will usually claim the videos as soon as they process so they get the money for views from them. I never stick ads on things like music. And if they ask i take them down i do but Sega and Nintedno usually never do. And usually it depends on the games and companies involved. Sonic and Mario are pretty much fine. As for DL links I never upload the tracks for download even though im asked all the time to do it since i rip the flac and wmv lossless files.

2 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Am I infringing on copyright laws?

Also, with some tracks, there are extensions on youtube. Is there any way to get them as a consumer?

Thats just beginner level snipping and blending of said tracks.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I upload tracks all the time to youtube from the osts i own lol. Unless sega ask me to  take them down they stay up. Same for nintendos stuff. Nintendo will usually claim the videos as soon as they process so they get the money for views from them. I never stick ads on things like music. And if they ask i take them down i do but Sega and Nintedno usually never do. And usually it depends on the games and companies involved. Sonic and Mario are pretty much fine. As for DL links I never upload the tracks for download even though im asked all the time to do it since i rip the flac and wmv lossless files.

Thats just beginner level snipping and blending of said tracks.

So not copyright infringement or stealing?

Actually listening to Sonic music in any form is extremely illegal and everyone in this thread is going to jail.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3
  • Way Past Cool 2
  • Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, ShadowSJG said:

So not copyright infringement or stealing?

Nope. It's a lot to it. If the company gives it's blessing it's fine. If you upload live and learn and attach ads all over it to make money  that's not right

I'm starting to feel like we might need to lift the "no single-word replies" rule just for this one thread in order to definitively answer OP's question.

If it says the following, is it alright:

OST title: "Justice - Park Avenue"

Sonic Forces music that has been extended to play for at least 15.5 minutes.

Composer(s): Tomoya Ohtani, Naofumi Hataya, Kenichi Tokoi, Takahito Eguchi
Arranger(s): Takahito Eguchi, Yutaka Minobe

Developer(s): Sonic Team
Publisher(s): Sega

Purchase, pre-order, and/or download this game here: https://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/soni...
Purchase and/or download the album for this game here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WWCE...

You're constantly asking questions in rephrased ways that have been answered repeatedly - in fact, all of your posts in this topic have been asking the same fucking question over and over. I think there's absolutely nothing else to be said on the matter, not that there was much at all to say to begin with.

I mean, jesus christ dude. You've shown absolutely zero indication that you even bothered to READ any of the replies. What kind of answer are you looking for if the numerous ones in this topic have yet to satisfy you?

God fucking damn it.

• The topic was locked

Also, read the Bible. Right after "thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife" it says "If you listen to Sonic music on YouTube you go straight to Hell"

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 2