Awoo.

Solister writes stories... and are free to read!

Solister

539092_dystopian-girl.png

Dystopian Girl (Cover) - 2018

Since half 2017, I've been writing stories in my free time (When not accessing SSMB), and I decided to make some of them public. Most stories are written in English, and all of them should be available in English. The stories are hosted in Booksie, a site for indie writers as me. Here you can see my main catalog with some exclusive information.

In Progress:

Going to try something very unusual and publish my next story in chapters rather than the whole thing at first.

The Fall of a Digital Empire (2020)

617645_the-fall-of-a-digital-empire.jpg

Type: In Progress Book

Genre: Commercial Fiction

Description: (Taken from the Book Introduction)

"People have never been so connected. With the internet, information that took months or even years to come now takes less than a minute to cross the globe. At the same time, people become dependent on such technology which is hard to imagine a world without it as well never saw a communication collapse.

But if once the Internet fell?"

Writer's comment: Going to try something new and publish my next story in parts. Really a story I've been thinking and conceptualizing for a while. Wish, over all, you guys enjoy it.

Published Stories:

Those actually are all my published and finished Booksie stories:

Lost Mabel - The Sketch Book (2021)

648176_lost-mabel-the-sketch-book.png

Type: Book

Genre: Other

Description: This is not a story or something similar I made recently, but I take every development file of Lost Mabel (2019) and narrowed down everything it meant to the story. It even includes a finished scrapped short story and an early story demo!

Writer's comment: In short, this project should really be writer's comment for Lost Mabel. I'm really proud I managed to already release two projects this year and really liked how this one turned out, despite it didn't required much creativity.

The Day After the Storm (2021)

645232_the-day-after-the-storm.png

Type: Short Story

Genre: Commercial Fiction

Description: Ellie Ossen, 26, wakes up with a severe memory loss. She's determined to keep her life while investigating what happened to her. Meanwhile, she's set between work on her vocalist project, give a good impression with everyone she talks to and, of course, get back her identity.

Writer's comment: I like how this one turned out. Easy writing without many turnarounds. Based somewhat on a real life experience.

Unstable Worlds (2020)

634824_unstable-worlds.jpg

Genre: Romance

Description: Emily is a German girl with a bipolar disorder. With some of her plans done for 2020 such as live with her Brazilian boyfriend Joel, a global pandemic affects her life, and they'll need to find a way to overpass it without damaging her mental health.

Writer's comment: I had to write this for a school work originally in Portuguese. It took me a while to translate due to a hurry life and then I thought I've lost the translation work. After I found it, I decided to finish it. For this reason, it might sound a few months dated.

Lost Mabel (2019)

598141_lost-mabel.png

Description: Simon and Mabel are two persons with nearly no relation. One is a simple guy living in a small town on a short island and Mabel a girl who comes from a totally different kingdom and lifestyle. Between love, interest dispute and secrets to be revealed their destinies seems unpredictable in every day.

Writer's comment: Actually one of the few works which I announced and really finished it. Loss of time was certainly the biggest challenge of this one as my initial preview was March. Only 2 days of vacations were enough to finish it.

Dark Cadence (2019)

580251_dark-cadence.png

Genre: Young Adult

Description: Giovanna and Jane are two university friends who face a complex work from their teacher. After some distrust, Jane also finds her best friend might be hiding something.

Writer's comment: My first release after some long time hiatus. It was a really tiring book to write, plus I even had the idea (And still have) the idea of selling it (Or any further book).

Dystopian Girl (2018)

539092_dystopian-girl.png

Genre: Young Adult

Description: Claire is a 17 years old girl which is passing through a hard situation in her life. With almost no friends to talk, she starts to use drugs and live some intense periods in her life.

Writer's comment: This story was written in the intention of being something strong. I've picked some of my characteristic, put it on a girl and made it more intense, as she starts to use drug with only 17 years old. I also used a lot of bad words (Which isn't one of my common characteristics). Surprising it's my biggest success to date.

The Sapphire Mine (2017)

541062_the-sapphire-mine.jpg

Genre: Action and Adventure

Description: Mike and Mary are a couple looking for an adventure. After a news headline saying a Sapphire Mine was found, they go there to see what's happening.

Writer's comment: This story was written when I was without inspiration for "The Girls Avenue" (Which later was cancelled (See more in Further Projects)), and it's a very simple story. Really talking, I don't know if the mentioned mine really exist.

Solister Time Travel (2017)

536670_solister-time-travel.png

Description: Solister is a 14 years old guy who is tired of his own life at school, looking how he would love if he lived 10 years ago. After a strange vision he had on a night, on the next day he wakes up 10 years in the past (2007) and passes trough situations he never thought it could ever happen.

Writer's comment: This story started just as a joke between me and my friend at school. I tried to show him how I would like if my school life was 10 years ago, so I decided to write this. Is in somehow based in real facts.

China's Invasion (2015/2017)

537438_chinas-invasion.jpg

Genre: Historical Fictional

Description: The Medieval China is near to a war season, Chang Rong is an army man and once, he found a beautiful girl working in the army and is chosen to show her the Medieval China daily.

Writer's comment: This story was originally written in 2015 for a medieval story contest on an old Sonic Forum I've participated. In 2017, I've read it again and saw some potential, so I translated it to English and published on Booksie.

Kenny's Lucky Day (2013/2017)

544573_kennys-lucky-day.jpg

Description: Kenny is a 10 years old guy which passes through a lucky day on his life.

Writer's comment: I think this was my first story I've ever wrote, at least in my computer. I don't have anymore the original file, so last year I decided to rewrite it as I remember the story. For being my first story (And I was only 10 years old), it doesn't have anything "wow" as some other recent stories, but for being my first story, I don't think it should be forgotten.

She's a Magical Girl (2018)

546048_shes-a-magical-girl.png

Description: Christopher and Audrey are a shy school couple which wants to get in love, but don't know how.

Writer's comment: This story is based on a real fact which happened to me, so I decided to turn into a story. Particularly talking, I just wrote it because I was without any inspiration for other stories, I don't think it's something "wow". Possibly, now it's my most regretful story.

The Solister Catalogue (2018)

545716_the-solister-catalogue.jpg

Type: Miscellaneous

Description/Writer's comment: Like the Writer's comment of this topic, I tell how was the development of each story (Published or Further Projects). If you liked my work, you certainly should check it out.

Future Projects:

Anything showed here can be changed in any time as I need. Those are my future plans, stories concepts, ideas and cancelled projects which may see the light of the day.

Update: Most of these are likely canceled, for now at least. The most lucky ones might see their stories incorporated in other works.

The Atom Bomb Games

Genre: Sci-Fi

Description/Writer's comment:This still is a very early concept: Arial Nix is president of the planet Nial and her planet is chosen to be the host planet of "Atom Bomb Games". Note: I didn't draw the girl. Here's from where she comes from. Honestly, while I've created an interesting universe and story plot, I don't really see this getting released soon.

The Legend of the East Star

Genre: Western

Description/Writer's comment: Initially planned as a two part book I've decided to mix them up into only one work and be a short story (Where I was with my head when I though writing two books being continuations would be a good idea? I can't even write a decent book!).

An Ukrainian Love

Description/Writer's comment: In really, a concept idea of this story already was published in Portuguese, however I still think I can improve it and make something better. Iryna Ivanov is a Ukrainian Girl which born in USSR. She never found a beautiful guy, and with the end of USSR she became a diplomat and start traveling the world and found an American to love.

Update: Stupid idea, The Fall of a Digital Empire is the reincarnation of this. Also note on the typo; An Ukrainian Love. It should be "A Ukrainian Love" according to my spelling corrector.

The Girls Avenue

Note: Officially cancelled. No, this is not bad, this just means I used the idea of the book on Dark Cadence. Maybe, some day in the further, I took this book idea into some spin off, which I believe is pretty rare to happen.

Description/Writer's comment: This story start to be written quite after Solister Time Travel, but with some idea changes and inspiration troubles it was cancelled. From what I've thinking now, it will tell the story of a little girl called Chloe which creates a group with her friends called "The Girls Avenue".

Last Notes:

Meanwhile, I'm not taking those stories too serious, is just something I've doing to pass the time. All stories are free to read, and I'm also not going to ask some kind of donation or something else. If you want to help me, you can read my stories, click on the like button, and specially share in some social media. I'm still not going to win any money with this, but I really would love to see if someone appreciating my work.

All stories are written by myself with almost no help with other people. The covers are also done by myself using my computer graphic techniques or Booksie's cover generator.

I hope you enjoy the reading, any suggestion are welcome, tell me what you enjoyed (or not) in the stories. Any Feedback is welcome!

Edited by Solister
Updates and Clean-up
  • Nice Smile 1

Interesting setup. I've bookmarked some of these for my down time. You ever think about selling these books?

• Nice Smile 1

32 minutes ago, PaulyBFromDa303 said:

Interesting setup. I've bookmarked some of these for my down time. You ever think about selling these books?

Not going to say I never dreamed on that, but I think I still very new for this (I'm only 15 years old). I also don't think that people would like to buy a book with only 5/6 pages (If I'm not wrong, Dystopian Girl, my biggest story have 14 pages), maybe if someday I've a nice collection of stories and publish it, but certainly isn't my priorities now, I'm happy just to know that people can be interested on it.

• Way Past Cool 1

Just a quick update, I've wrote a mini "promo catalogue" talking about the writing of each story (Like the writer's commentary here in this topic), with some additional content and detailed commentaries. Hope you enjoy!

The Solister Catalogue

Also: Almost 500 of total reads, I'm so happy!

So, after passing though a hard situation without of inspiration, I finally could write and publish something. She's a Magical Girl tells one of those foolish School dating moments. It's based on true personal facts (With some fictional in the end), and different names.

A mini spoiler of the story:

Spoiler

In really, I never ended together with the girl, in the story we went.

• 9 months later...

Just added my latest book, Lost Mabel is now available to read for free!

Going unusual this time and publishing my next work in parts. Chapters 1 and 2 of "The Fall of a Digital Empire" are up!

SURPRISE!

I've found an unfinished translated of one of my works from earlier this quarantine and decided to finish it (for more info check the short story section on the main post).

Said this, Unstable Worlds, my newest short story is published!

• 4 months later...

I've been working on this for a while: The Day After the Storm is out now!

Ellie Ossen, 26, wakes up with a severe memory loss. She's determined to keep her life while investigating what happened to her. Meanwhile, she's set between work on her vocalist project, give a good impression with everyone she talks to and, of course, get back her identity.

Lost Mabel - The Sketch Book is out! (Also made a cleanup on the post as it seems half of the covers got broken link)

A little guide showing the writing of one of my favorites stories, Lost Mabel, and some unused ideas.