Awoo.

Naean's Art & Design Topic (Plus Some Audio Stuff)

Naean

Art #1 -- General Space Mech

d9win1l-829bed0e-9915-4f60-a0a1-1747e857

Piece of work 1 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Led pencil on cartridge paper drawing. Part of a "Mystery And Imagination" project.

Edited by Naean
Amended title.
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 3/19/2018 at 11:53 PM, Mightyray said:

Nicely done with the detail!

Thank you!  :)

Intricate details are one of my favourite things to do in drawings, and is what I feel is my strongest suit art-wise.

Art #2 -- Space Head Duo

d9wn3s9-7d198f54-d1de-476a-8a4b-d6772642

Piece of work 2 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Led pencil on cartridge paper drawing. Part of a "Mystery And Imagination" project.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 4

Art #3 -- Lazer Gun Space Defense Unit

d9wrzta-3da35981-8d05-4b1c-b9f2-3b47f879

Piece of work 3 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 3

Art #4 -- P.A.M.

d9wxk4q-f7d02c09-f2cb-4a9f-b0ed-b1c23d81

Piece of work 4 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

P.A.M. is an abbreviation of "Plant, Animal, Mechanical", the 3 main elements which make up the creature's design.  :)

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 3

#5 -- Quirky Quadtriangle

d9x3ixd-7caae183-4c52-405d-97d7-2e4dd226

Piece of work 5 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 3

Art #6 -- General Space Mech - Damaged

d9x64sm-df992644-be96-4dd7-b7f2-057e10de

Piece of work 6 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Cut-out photocopy and led pencil edit of a previous led pencil on cartridge paper drawing. Part of a "Mystery And Imagination" project.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #7 -- General Space Mech - V. 2.0

d9xbzgm-3c91092c-d0af-4edd-bf27-d11bb8e6

Piece of work 7 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

A version 2.0 recreation of the first General Space Mech piece.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #8 -- Pointy-Eared Space Tail

d9xenpj-8f97315c-a21d-46f7-a25c-a416186e

Piece of work 8 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Out of all of them so far I gotta say image no. 6 is the one I like the most! It's the one the grabs my attention the most. Keep up the good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2018 at 7:44 AM, MightyRay said:

Out of all of them so far I gotta say image no. 6 is the one I like the most! It's the one the grabs my attention the most. Keep up the good work!

Cheers! It was fun to edit an existing drawing to give it a destroyed look, and adding damage detail such as the cracked window. I have a big backlog of art to share, so there's certainly plenty more to come!  :D

Art #9 -- Squeegee Bot Compilation A

d9xk1yt-c948b839-32be-46c6-9d8d-4b93071e

Piece of work 9 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Led pencil drawing on cartridge paper, with various colour inks pressed onto the paper prior using a screen and squeegee. Part of a "Mystery And Imagination" project.

Apologies for the notable light shine on some of the led pencil that was captured in this photograph.  :)

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #10 -- Squeegee Bot Compilation B

d9xo78n-663b7b0e-6918-4a8f-90df-0f659a6e

Piece of work 10 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Led pencil drawing on cartridge paper, with various colour inks pressed onto the paper prior using a screen and squeegee. Part of a "Mystery And Imagination" project.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #11 -- Space Tail GD7-4 And Friends

d9xss6g-1445e8b8-40a3-4960-a2a3-c7a4df69

Piece of work 11 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Partially inspired by this piece of work: http://glenn-brown.co.uk/artworks/90/#selected_mediums=13.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #12 -- R2-D2

d9xwx1j-ef06f54a-0f8e-4828-857d-537229c5

Piece of work 12 of 12 that I did during the first year (Fine Art) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Led pencil on cartridge paper observational drawing of a Star Wars R2-D2 die cast model.

I don't know why the model I drew from had 2 eyes, considering that its official design is a Cyclops. Maybe it was 'bootleg' merchandise, as I cannot find any other 2-eyed version after doing some searching online.

In hindsight, I should have photographed the model for reference.

Oh well, I still really like how this looks nonetheless. Definitely one of my strongest observational drawings.  :)

Part of a "Mystery And Imagination" project.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #13 -- Rustic Tribal Cyclops Insignia

art__13____rustic_tribal_cyclops_insigni

This is my first attempt at creating some kind of art piece entirely digitally. It took me approximately 45 to 60 minutes to create most of it, and I made some minor adjustments afterwards.

I have wanted to try my hand at doing digital art for at least a year, but I put it off several times. This is partially because I'm primarily comfortable with doing paper-based drawings, but also due to me simply lacking confidence that I would ever pull off a digital art piece that I am satisfied with...

... As it happens, I am in fact much more happy with this piece than I expected to be. It turned out looking a lot nicer than I had anticipated. With this being my first proper go at digital art, a lot of the creation process involved experimentation, and exploring how different brushes look amongst one another within the same canvas.

Overall, I am fairly satisfied with the finished piece. I am glad that I took a plunge outside of my comfort zone, and as a result of this piece's outcome, I now look forward to doing more digital art endeavours in the future!  😄

The pink highlights around the edges of the eye's white area, are inspired by pink areas in eyes of the Primarina character from the Pokémon series.

Created in Serif DrawPlus X6 using various brushes, some transparency styles, a couple of altered QuickShapes, and a couple of Filter Effects. Brush strokes drawn entirely using a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 1000.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #14 -- Aquatic Splatter Splash

art__14____aquatic_splatter_splash_by_na

This is my second attempt at creating some kind of art piece entirely digitally.

I'm still getting used to using digital mediums and editing techniques. A lot of exploring and experimenting of different effects, patterns, brush styles and such went into this piece.

Unlike my previous digital art piece, I wanted this one to take up the full space of the canvas. I wasn't too bothered by "Rustic Tribal Cyclops Insignia" having significant blank spaces, due to it being a 'symbol' piece of sorts. However, with Aquatic Splatter Splash, I felt it was more important to use the full canvas due to it being more of a 'scene' piece. That's my take on those differences, anyway.  :-3

Another big focal point for this piece was to use colours which compliment (rather than contrast heavily against) each other, and stick to variations of blues and purples to hone in on the aquatic theme.

While I have used a larger variety of visuals in this piece, I think that I prefer my previous digital art piece, "Rustic Tribal Cyclops Insignia", just a little bit more. I do really like how this one turned out as well, though.  😄

Created in Serif DrawPlus X6 using various brushes, transparency styles and a couple of altered QuickShapes. Brush strokes drawn entirely using a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 1000.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #15 -- Bot Tech Box

dappdfr-2e93bd61-879d-4593-a61f-2775b4ff

Piece of work 1 of 5 that I did during the second year (Graphic Design) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Led pencil on cartridge paper drawing. Part of an "Urban Myths And Legends" project.

Art #16 -- Psychedelic Mask

dappjan-9caf63b0-0515-4ca4-ba02-c15e4aed

Piece of work 2 of 5 that I did during the second year (Graphic Design) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Led pencil on cartridge paper drawing. Part of an "Urban Myths And Legends" project.

Art #17 -- Asteroidestroya

dappnts-d0245681-d8ca-4a4c-b295-7779fed5

Piece of work 3 of 5 that I did during the second year (Graphic Design) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 3

Art #18 -- Unidentified Factual Object

dappv9r-99371467-2575-4547-936f-f9004878

Piece of work 4 of 5 that I did during the second year (Graphic Design) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 3

Art #19 -- Typography: Tasty Technology

art__19____typography__tasty_technology_

Piece of work 5 of 5 that I did during the second year (Graphic Design) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

This is my typography set, which aims to combine food/drink and mechanical elements together.

Led pencil drawing on cartridge paper.

Part of the "Final Major Project", which I did during the second year (Graphic Design) of my Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

This is a project where each student could choose a topic/theme of their own to work from. I chose typography as my subject matter.

Furthermore, this was the last project in my 2 year Art & Design course at Hull College Park Street.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 4

I have now concluded my college work posts.

Next, I will be posting art from my Bramblewood A5 Notebook, drawn using BIC blue médium biro pen.

Apologies for the ink showing through on the other side of the paper.  :)

Art #20 -- [Various Pieces A]

Bramblewood A5 Notebook - Page 1

art__20_____various_pieces_a__by_naean_d

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #21 -- [Various Pieces B]

Bramblewood A5 Notebook - Page 2

art__21_____various_pieces_b__by_naean_d

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fly Block Duo looks cute as hell! Keep up the good work man, it's looking great!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/18/2018 at 10:58 PM, MightyRay said:

Fly Block Duo looks cute as hell! Keep up the good work man, it's looking great!

Thanks very much! That's probably one of my favourites when it comes to my small doodles.  :D

Art #22 -- [Various Pieces C]

Bramblewood A5 Notebook - Page 3

art__22_____various_pieces_c__by_naean_d

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #23 -- Hatching Harmony.

Bramblewood A5 Notebook - Page 4

art__23____hatching_harmony__by_naean_db

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Art #24 -- Wacky Waveforms.

Bramblewood A5 Notebook - Page 5