Naean

Naean's Art & Design Topic (Plus Some Audio Stuff)

Art #96 -- Eyenchor

art__96____eyenchor_by_naean_dcuz7gd-pre

A drawing that I have done on page 13 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

BIC blue médium biro pen on cartridge paper.

Art #97 -- Lightcickles

art__97____lightcickles_by_naean_dcv0t6f

A drawing that I have done on an individual A4 sheet.

Lights inside icicles that are shaped like sickle blades.

Berol Colourfine and Berol Colourbroad Fibre tipped pens on Ryman Bright white card.

Art #98 -- Crooked Smile

art__98____crooked_smile_by_naean_dcw84r

A drawing that I have done on an individual A4 sheet.

The eye and mouth in this piece are inspired by some grass and ground areas on a page of a Sonic The Hedgehog calender, which I discovered courtesy of Black Squirrel on Sonic Retro here: forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=25575&st=525&p=936448&#entry936448.

BIC blue médium biro pen on Ryman Bright white card.

Art #99 -- Dilampidated

art__99____dilampidated_by_naean_dcw8757

A drawing that I have done on page 14 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

HB Led Pencil (From a Grafix 45 Artist Assorted pencils set.) on cartridge paper.

Art #100 -- Fancy Fox Face

art__100____fancy_fox_face_by_naean_dcw8

A drawing that I have done on page 15 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

This piece is inspired by the Fennekin character from the Pokémon series, and the Miles "Tails" Prower character.

Additionally, this piece is quite heavily inspired by one of my previous pieces, "Curly Bloboy", and is partially inspired by another one of my previous pieces, "Rustic Tribal Cyclops Insignia".

Furthermore, this piece is inspired by the styles of one-tone/one-colour tattoos. This piece also contains some elements inspired by leaves.

Berol Colourbrush Fibre tipped pen on cartridge paper.

A few music things that I did recently. Credits and other information are available in their respective video descriptions on YouTube.

Music Mashup #23 -- Invincible: Demo Track & Final Track - Sonic 3D (Mega Drive)

MP3 download link.

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #2 -- Dilapidated Longing

MP3 download link. There's also another MP3 download link of the beta version, for anyone interested.

Extrarrangement #1 -- Mystic Cave Zone: 1 Player - Sonic The Hedgehog 2

MP3 download link.

I'm having a "Dance eJay 2+ Week" from 2 to 6 December 2019 on my YouTube Channel, where I'll be premiering a new music mix every day.  🙂

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #3 -- Gems, Skulls & Death

This music mix is directly inspired by the Gem Path and Death Route music tracks from Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Big thanks to the composers and arrangers of those tracks: Josh Mancell and Mark Mothersbaugh!

Additionally, the complete omission of Gem Path and Death Route music tracks in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex inspired this music mix a little bit, so I put some synths/'technology-esque' samples in there, as a homage to that game's overall music style.

More credits and other information are available in the video description on YouTube.

MP3 download link. There's also another MP3 download link of the beta version, for anyone interested.

Edited by Naean

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #4 -- Funky Fightin'

This music mix is inspired by the Zone Act 1 Boss music track from Sonic The Hedgehog 3 on SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive. Big thanks to the composers and arrangers of that track!

Many thanks also to Game Genie Sokolov for providing rips of Sonic The Hedgehog 3 samples, some of which are used in this music mix! (https://ggsokolov.blogspot.com/2016/10/soundfont-sonic-3-knuckles-3d.html)

More credits and other information are available in the video description on YouTube.

MP3 download link.

Edited by Naean

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #5 -- Unsettled Scatterbrain

In this music mix, I wanted to create a song that sounds as if it's constantly at odds with itself, (representing an indecisive/conflicted person) while at the same time maintaining enough structure to be an enjoyable music track.

Ironically enough, I feel a bit conflicted myself when it comes to marking this music mix as completed, because I don't think that I executed my idea as well as I envisioned it.

Most notably, I have quite mixed feelings on the bass in this song. On the one hand, I dig its somewhat clashing nature, but another part of me feels like the pitch dissonance and note timing inconsistencies are perhaps too strong.

I don't want to leave this specific song concept unpublished on the cutting room floor, so I tried to polish things up, and eventually considered it a complete piece, or "as close to finished as it'll ever probably be".

Credits and other information are available in the video description on YouTube.

Edited by Naean

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #6 -- From Forest To Factory

This music mix aims to depict the act of a forest being destroyed in favour of building a factory in its place.

Various sections of the song are aimed to represent various actions and emotions related to this act: The initialisation of factory planning, the celebration from humans of building a new factory (among a minority of people's concerns cropping up before being quickly brushed off), wild animals reacting to forest deconstruction and dealing with the harsh reality of being driven from their once natural habitat, the sad aftermath of mostly desolate forest remains, etcetera.

I deliberately chose to use some samples which sound, and also are named, in relation to this song's topic. The general "nature versus technology" theme heavily influenced this song.

Out of all my eJay mixes to date, this is one of the most emotionally-involved songs, and is inspired by another emotion-focused eJay mix of mine: Dilapidated Longing.

Credits and other information are available in the video description on YouTube.

MP3 download link.

Edited by Naean

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #7 -- Retro Rhythms

In this music mix, I wanted to create a song with a strong nostalgic feeling, using some bass and synth samples which sound particularly retro.

Additionally, I chose to use some gritty-sounding guitar samples, to hone in on that retro sound, and give the song a primitive-recording-equipment kind of feel.

In general, this song is heavily influenced by early music production methods. To this end, I also deliberately made some sections and samples in the song significantly louder than others, adding to the scenario of a retro setting with lack of sophisticated audio balancing.

MP3 download link.

Edited by Naean